A strategic collaborative leader with over 15 years of extensive experience in project management, broadcast operations, Confidential streaming/platform distribution, STB enhancements and QA. I am recognized as a forward thinker with proven success in implementing strategies for Confidential to increase sales revenue, build sustainable product workflows and improve the overall user experience.
- PTS Scheduling System, Adobe Products. STAR (commercial scheduling), Snell, Genesis automation system, Broadcast scheduling facilities, Xytech Media Library & Scheduling, Scheduall, client server technology,
- Probel Routers, Virtual Routers, Logitech, Prophet Automation Systems, ISDN technology, satellite receivers uplinks and downlinks, Jira and Assembla.
- Windows XP, Windows Home 365, Windows 8; MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access and MS Visual Studios, MS Visio
Production Technology Lead - Broadcast Operations Project/Product Manager
- Introduced new strategies in the Confidential industry and transitioned into production. Key stakeholder involved in end - end delivery, product launch, strategy and implementation for Live streaming of NFL Sunday Ticket & DAI STB VOD.
- Managed the insertion of dynamic ads on VOD platforms, to support interactive content and tracking of impressions.
- Managed QA team in issue resolution for feature rollouts to social media and live production environment.
- Successfully supported the launch of new products using CICD methodology by validating system specs, documenting the processes/systems and creating workflow documents. Enabling smooth transition into the production environment and introducing new revenue streams for Confidential ads/Provider ads sold up to 10 Million.
- Closely worked with CDN’s (L3, Limelight Networks & Akamai)
- Primary contact for technology partners, operations, engineering and stakeholders.
- Managing the entire product life cycle ensuring deadlines are met and projects are within scope. Using agile methodologies to support the integration of new features. Developing QA/QC processes for VOD, linear and live content distribution for NFL Sunday Ticket streaming, DAI STB VOD and 4K VOD.
- Partnered with vendors implementing new emerging technology and sales revenue opportunities. Introducing new product integration with social and Confidential platforms, increased revenue by 30% from the previous year.
- Developed use cases, product requirement documentation aligned with business objectives. Created test cases and supported the testing process integrating third party vendor applications for NFL Sunday Ticket. Includes system ingest process with programmers,CDN’s, and real time highlight/ ad insertion.
- Managed defect list, reporting QA results of Android, IOS, Roku, PlayStation, & XBOX. Managed the implementation of new strategies for performance and functional testing which lead to a 70% decrease in defects from 2014 launch. Closely tracked milestones, risks and tasks.
- Validated the introduction of new hardware and software components into the production environments to support new products. Integrated 3 social platforms Facebook, Twitter and NFL Fantasy football. Enabled the organization to provide transmission of up to 16 games every Sunday leading to 20% increase in subscribers.
- In a live control room produce: 30 to 3:00 minute sport packages for Confidential and Confidential online. Effectively communicating live updates with operations, production, broadcast talent and graphics department enabling quick turnarounds for sponsored billboards and network promotional elements in HD/SD.
- Manage editors during the production process while communicating with show directors, executive management and producers, ensuring broadcast talent receives highlights in a timely manner. Validate SD/HD edited packages and write copy for broadcast talent for NFL Today Show.
- Create compelling stories and communicate record breaking news sporting events. Responsible for the routing of live game feeds to for on air production and distribution. Responsible for the accuracy of stats and scoring data reaching over 20 million people.
- Increased revenue streams, through the launch of digital sales interactive products, broadcast stunts and integrated CMS. 2013 1st Qtr. sales increased to over 2.2 million dollars.
- Developed comprehensive documentation for internal teams supporting existing 24/7 content delivery, including interactive sponsored graphics, DAI insertions, sponsored in app banners.
- Created a strong digital footprint by publishing thousands of hours of sponsored interactive mobile content, and broadcast content for networks. Analyzed existing infrastructure and provided feedback for improved launch cycles. Created product roadmap for 14 digital sales products, managing feature updates for digital marketing and sponsorship integration.
- Successfully tested over 2000 on air graphics within broadcast automation systems for STB X1 platform. Launched DAI on Confidential IPTV platforms and led the implementation for monitoring systems, design and dashboard monitoring tools for delivery of STB feature enhancements, delivery system and interactive channels.
- Launched IPTV products with Canoe Ventures, successfully partnering with internal teams to launch DAI
- Created operations manuals for cross functional team support end-end delivery.
- Strategically established IPTV/ Confidential applications, mobile video products and broadcast content distribution for Confidential networks.
- Successfully managed the implementation of synchronous social media interactive campaigns .
- Established an operational readiness process to support the scheduling and testing of interactive marketing applications.
- Successfully tested interactive ads in a live broadcast environment.
- Successfully inserted sponsored dynamic graphics into on air programming.
- Coordinated with the brand and BOC facility to verify on air times, aggregation of web/mobile voting results for Top Chef.
- Established a process to transition manual operations to an automated workflow.
- Made ad hoc changes to live/VOD content of skater routines in a dedicated content management system, allowing users to watch live performances via the web/VOD and vote. Voters had the ability to compare their scores with the official judge’s scores for each Olympic skater’s performance.
- Backed up the Director of the digital enhanced show and monitored accuracy of online content.
- Established a relationship in the control room with an Olympic skating judge and trained him on the CMS operations and the database configuration.
Broadcast Network Control Engineer
- Managed the testing of radio receiver services for car head units. Improved the error reporting system and applications performance by setting up test plans and escalation procedures.
- Successfully tested the implementation of head units in manufactured vehicles, including testing, performance analysis, the display functionality and documenting anomalies. Improved customer experience by frequently managing maintenance updates to receivers. Responsible for the Prophet Automation system, routers, server work flows.
- Resolved issues reported by live studios regarding program content and technical equipment. Effectively ensured live events were captured and playback schedule feeds were successful to all affiliated networks. Made necessary program changes, decreasing on air incidents by 25% in 2007.
- Established successful ISDN dial up calls and set up for live remote hosts; Howard Stern, Gary and other show talent. Troubleshot broadcast connection issues and sound quality.
- Operated mandatory live EAS testing.
- Trained broadcast network operators on prophet automation system and transmission of EAS emergency alert system messaging.
Coordinator, Media Planning
- Strategically scheduled promos, graphics and program elements for Nickelodeon Digital Networks, leading to the networks highest rated year to date. Record breaking 35% increase for The N and 12% for Noggin ‘05.
- Established a research process for competitors’ networks, programming, commercial inventory and broadcast trends.
- Successfully screened promos, episodic program reel, effectively flagging problematic spots with distorted audio video issues.
- Created promo schedules to successfully achieve maximum exposure for cross channel spots.
- Scheduled enhanced digital graphics in Oacis to increase audience retention for Noggin/The N/GAS digital networks. Over 100 graphics daily.
- Consistently scheduled daily 24 hour network logs.
- Managed commercial, graphic and promo inventory for three different digital networks; Noggin, The N and GAS (Games & Sports Network).
Broadcast Facilities Coordinator
- Coordinated and created Sunday program scheduling for Confidential.
- Responsible for all network feeds, in house dubs, promo changes, and program changes for Sunday network television.
- Successfully scheduled over 100 million dollars of commercial inventory weekly.
- In Master Control, directed the traffic of incoming and outgoing remote feeds.
- Maintained irregularity reports when network issues occurred.
- Coordinated satellite coordinates with Broadcast Control and transmission department to ensure network integrity. Successfully maintained a 99.1% on air transmission rate.
- Established on air monitoring checklists and trained other master control operators.
- Consistently made network ad hoc changes for breaking news with minimal errors.
- Established satellite switches to different markets closely working with the transmission and satellite distribution team.
- Fully supported the Confidential team production process ensuring content distribution.
- Coordinated remote truck check feeds and set up network operations facilities.
- Ensuring control rooms had the correct commercial copy and the right on air timings.
- Developed press box contacts, researched team statistics, players and coaches.
- Facilitated information to broadcast talent and created live sports packages ranging from: 30 seconds to 3:00 minutes for quick on air turnarounds.
- Production Assistant for live remote broadcast sporting events, providing detailed stats for sports tracker, updating Confidential online and updating live tickers.
- Associate Director in control room environment for NFL and collegiate sports, rolling on air inventory (HD/SD) commercials, network promos and public service announcements.