- I’m a highly skilled professional with over twenty years of experience in Information Technology.
- My particular focus is within IT Infrastructure Program/Project Management; IT Service Management; Customer Service Strategy; Data Center Migration; and Systems Implementation Strategy.
- I have successfully implemented, managed and provided professional management consultation and business analysis on IT Infrastructure, Architecture and Operation projects for Help Desks, Call Centers, Data Centers, and Technical Support Service operations; implementing “Industry Best Practices”, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Service Management (ITSM) and PMBOK methodology principles solutions and concepts.
- I have demonstrated strong abilities in the management of technological implementation, operation, business activities, development of processes, IT governance and providing effective project management to include supervision of service support and vendors management; obtaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction and successful project completions.
Hardware/Software: LogicMonitor, Rapid 7, Rubrik, Nutanix, ServiceNow, VMware, Azure, EMC Storage Array, Symantec NetBackup 7, NetApp, SUN SAN Array, Cisco 8340 Series Appliance, Cisco 3900/4400 Series Routers, Windows NT/Windows 2000/XP, IIS/ASP, MS SQL/Server, JIRA, UNIX, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, SUSE Linux; HP Opsware, Microsoft Operating systems; NT Workstation/Servers; VERITAS Net backup 6.5; TCP/IP; SMS; WINS; Dell PowerEdge 2300 Servers; Microsoft Exchange Servers; System Management Servers (SMS); CA Service Desk 12.6, E - Health, Spectrum, UAPM; HP Openv iew; Foglight; Oracle Applications; Oracle Access Manager 11gR2; IVR/CTI Systems - Noble, Avaya; Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Systems; PBX Based ACD Systems; Computer Integrated ACD Systems; Integrated ACD/Outbound Solutions; ACD Management Information Systems (ACD MIS); Web Enabled Call Center Applications; Integrated Voice and Data Applications; Call Center Design; H EAT; SharePoint; Remedy; Aspect WINS; PBX/ACD; Microsoft Outlook; Lotus cc: Mail/Mobile; Lotus Notes; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Project Manager; Clarity, Power Point; Excel, Smart Draw; Microsoft Access; Crystal Reports for Windows.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager
- Conducted a Deep Dive into Confidential global infrastructure and specifically look at security risks, mis-configurations, and areas where lack of standardization existed.
- Successfully upgraded Confidential ’s 19 Field Offices in support of the move toward cloud-based applications and the desire to implement global video conferencing, proper bandwidth was mandatory to ensure access to critical Confidential applications and services.
- Successfully implementation new monitoring solution, and an escalation and patch management plan for our entire global infrastructure.
- In the process of replacing the current Freshdesk with Service Desk. The current solution Freshdesk lacks the features needed to be able to evolve Confidential ’s services.
- Successfully implemented AV redesign
- Confidential has a web presence hosted on virtual private servers managed by a third party. Confidential desires to have a formal evaluation of the as build state of web infrastructure, a formal strategy for leveraging reliable scalable infrastructure design to meet the current and future requirements. Successfully completed implementing the design into production via Azure platform.
- Successfully completed the migration to a new security system monitoring and alerting tools. .
Confidential, Alpharetta, Ga
Data Center Senior Project Manager
- Ensured adherence to PMO’s defined project lifecycle methodology
- Developed project artifacts to include, Scope, Requirements, WBS and Project Schedule
- Coordinated and facilitated meetings with Project Team, Business Units, Enterprise Technology Group and Stakeholders
- Kept all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
- Proactively communicated the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Multiple data centers build; servers, circuits, router installation, configuration and segmentation for new bottler
- Provisioning, installation and TTU of MPLS circuits
- Establishing network connectivity and setup of VPN circuits
- Setup, consulting and reporting on print architecture pre-each bottlers site
- Setup and configuration of ADFS Federation for each bottler
- Ensuring connectivity, printing, proper URLs, clients configuration, and Browser standards
- Ensuring complete infrastructure is setup and functional for Dry Run and Go-Live
- Conducting meeting and maintaining project artifacts, e.g. RAID log, project schedule, migration checklist, weekly status reports
Confidential, Norcross, GA
Data Senior Project Manager
- Managed the buildout of new infrastructure and network for internal connectivity
- Developed the transition plans to migrate WebFederal suite from Confidential Chapin Data Center to Confidential Johns Creek Data center
- Coordinate various project meetings and working session
- Developed communication plan for ninety-one customer (Credit Union)
- Developed and maintain project artifacts, e.g. RAID log, project schedule, weekly status reports
Confidential, Columbus, GA
Data Center Infrastructure Project Manager
- The implementation of a QA testing environment for Confidential applications
- The migration of Corporate location phones from Confidential to Confidential phones
- Migrated twenty-four (24) branch locations from Confidential to Confidential phones
- The tuning of Calabria workforce and quality management tool sets
- Build and tested disaster recovery implementation of Phase 1 services; which consisted of complete migration of Confidential equipment to Confidential equipment in the corporate call center.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Data Center Migration Project Manager
- Managed the rollout of a cloud automation tool to replace time-consuming manual data center provisioning with automated workflows to increase IT consistency and speed
- Managed the Storage and Reclamation
- Identify orphaned resources
- Identify inactive resources
- Evaluate non-standard resource requests
- Identify over allocated resources
- Develop and initiate recover plan
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Project Manager, Data Center
- Responsible for the replacement implementation strategy of Confidential ’s Airport Management System (AMS) from AMS5.16 to Confidential for Cancun International Airport.
- AMS6 is a flexible resource management system for fixed airport resources, such as departure gates, baggage carousels and check-in desks.
- It is equally suitable for managing mobile resources for ground handling operations or capacity planning for secondary resources such as immigration desks or security points.
- Confidential is a third party source code analysis tool used to analyze source code for vulnerabilities and defects.
- It is used as part of the build process to verify the quality and integrity of the application.
- The Confidential version 10.x is both Linux and Windows platform
- Extended-Support-Life the project is the migration of 551 VMs . The scope of the project also includes the rebuild /upgrade of VMware chassis for future capacity requirements
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Senior Project Manager, IT Operation
- Solaris to Linux migration to include fourteen (14) Oracle 11g databases ranging in size from 600 megabytes to 6 terabytes
- XP to Windows 7 upgrade for 2000+ users
- ISO 27001 compliance project
- Data Center stage environment upgrade
- Planned and executed Disaster Recovery test at SunGard facilities
- FTP monitoring project to monitor over 50 customers applications with SolarWinds
- Deploying RSA DLP agents to over throughout the enterprise
- Business Process Management (BPM) project reengineering the full chart retrieval processes and delivery of medical records
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed resources and project management activities, to include communicating statues, and risks of the below three (3) projects:
- Provided successful project management support for ESS Portal, Service Catalog & Knowledge Project; SAML2 Plug-in (Sub-Project).
- The overall project scope is to fully integrated Enterprise Service Management capability for ESS Service Catalog and Knowledge management.
- A SaaS based solution which provides access to licensed Confidential support team members and unlimited Confidential end users.
- Successful deployment of the SAML2 Patch is a pre-requisite to deployment of Service Catalog & Knowledge Portal.
- The SAML2 Plug-in project addresses issues with ‘deep linking’ discovered during the initial deployment of ServiceNow; which allows end users to launch a ServiceNow URL from outside of ServiceNow and the system authenticates the end user and renders the article, form, ticket, or feature in ServiceNow (deployment was successfully completed the evening of May 31st).