Detail - oriented, self-motivated team player with more than 12 years experience in planning, designing and managing technical projects. Expertise lies in analyzing raw data, and initiating, developing and implementing innovative solutions. Track record of negotiating plans of action to achieve business goals with efficient and cost-effective products or services. Versatile and client-focused; I combine superior interpersonal skills with the technical expertise necessary for successful strategic planning and business management.
KEY STRENGTHS INCLUDE:
- Budget Development and Management
- Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- Financial Analysis Project Management
- Network Design Operations Management
- Emerging Technologies Team Leadership
Computers: Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Access; Lotus Notes; M6; JTCMS, CBAS, EMT, EXTRA, CCP and TIRKS.
Leadership: Four years with a National Fraternity (PHI SIGMA KAPPA)
Languages: Fluent in ENGLISH and SPANISH
Confidential, Ranson, WV
Telecom Specialist / Project Manager
- Executed and Project-managed customer transport requests utilizing Logistics management in response to Dedicated Sonet Rings, Transparent LAN and WAN services, as well as, Switched Ethernet, Optical, DS3, and DS1 services.
- Met all customer demands as negotiated and scheduled while remaining in line with the Budget.
- Managed operations within the West Virginia backbone network to maintain steady levels of spare capacity in preparation of customer growth.
- This strategic method ensured customer retention and continued future revenue due to immediate service availability.
- Planned and designed the West Virginia ROADM Network under strict financial limitations and time constraints.
- Provided specifications, schematics and solutions for upgrading the existing network architecture in preparation for 3G and 4G services.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Positioned point-of-presence sites with emerging technology (Next Generation equipment) for 3G/4G services which prepared the customers for the current competitive market. The contracts brought in approx. $5M in sales.
- Designed and executed FIOS plans in the Maryland and District of Columbia areas using ROADM, Sonet rings, Switched Ethernet devices and direct Fiber. The company was able to market FIOS 6 months ahead of schedule which resulted in $4M of new sales.
- Planned and designed ATT’s service offerings utilizing Canoga Perkins equipment which prepared ATT for the next competitive service offering in the telecom industry. Utilized the Oracle database for data pooling. Confidential ’s profits increased by $2 Million while delivering the service in 2 months as opposed to the contractual agreement of 4 months.
- Strategically planned and facilitated Fiber-to-the-Premise using various vendor equipment (Tellabs, Lucent, Fujitsu, Canoga, Cisco) to maintain state-of-the-art competitiveness for Confidential . This service was introduced in 6 months as opposed to the norm of 12 months.
- Represented the Network Planning Organization as co-chair on the Escalations Methods and Procedures Board. Recommended and implemented better communication amongst the team players, negotiated shorter time-intervals for process completion, and reduced the amount of lost or misplaced equipment. As a result of these measures, successful completion of projects under budget and under schedule increased by 20% and attained a 10% savings in man hours and dollars allocated.
Special Projects Coordinator
- Implemented a process to decrease the number of high-level projects that would negatively affect customer service.
- Used MS Excel in the compilation of complex data.
- This resulted in a reduction of customer complaints and increased productivity by 40%.
- Supervised and managed projects assigned to an engineering assistant.
- Analyzed the assistant’s reports and daily tasks to ensure accuracy and timely project completion.
- Designed and managed a process and summary trend analysis for executive level projects.
- Oversaw all transactions and reported them directly to Upper-Management.
- Created and tracked the Budget for 2002 and 2003 Remote Replacements. Met service requirements and commitments within a $5M budget.
- Financially analyzed and approved orders for New Jersey, Virginia, District of Columbia and Maryland.
- Ensured orders were cost-effective and efficient within the allocated $150M budget.
- Used MS Excel in the compilation of complex data.
- Produced weekly Budget Reports to ensure proper spending of various accounts.
- The company saved $1.5M by preventing double-accounting of assets.
- Reduced the amount of Switches over the company allowed thresh-hold.
- Analyzed the root-cause of issues.
- Planned and designed a resolution. Managed the execution of trial-runs resulting in reduced customer complaints involving these switches.
- Reduced budget expenditures by 10%.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Analyzed transactions, payroll, insurance documentation, general ledgers, and reports.
- Controlled expenses and reduced costs by $50K.
- Translated documentation and Field Reports from Latin Countries.
- Communicated with Field Office Directors in Ecuador, Bolivia and Bangladesh to conduct future business negotiations.
- Responsible for pending contracts valued at $250K.