Software Engineer with extensive experience building innovative applications enabling corporations to maximize the potential of their internet. Demonstrated competence in working with start - ups and large organizations. Experience in diverse technologies.
- Scrum Master (PSM I )
- Web Application Support/Management
- Database Design and Maintenance
- Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Software Design and Development
- Technical Writing
Principle Lead Developer / Scrum Master
- As Scrum Master, facilitated daily scrum meetings. Resolved issues hindering sprint progress.
- Executed bi-weekly production deployment of new sprint features.
- Developed new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Managed and resolved technical support tickets, converted to user stories as needed.
- Organized and administered product backlog for SaaS application using VersionOne tool.
- Coordinated and facilitated bi-weekly sprint demo for product stakeholders.
- Authored user stories reflecting requirements and feedback from stakeholders(including executive management, client services and sales)
- Managed major production upgrade, including “hardening” of Linux server (Rackspace Cloud).
- Presented monthly development stats to executive management team.
- Responsible for insuring production up time.
- Created and presented development s to company at annual kickoff.
- Wrote and delivered annual performance reviews to developers.
- Trained development team on Agile methodology and VersionOne tool.
- Screened, interviewed, and hired candidates residing in local office.
- Coached developers on best practices (Agile methodology, database design, coding standards)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Wrote SQL scripts to manage issues which arose from customer service requests against the product. This required clear understanding of the database design and relationships between integrated legacy systems.
- Migrated Google Maps API v2 to v3. Complied with latest Google Maps API requirements within Google timeframe for de-commissioning v2. This required full understanding of both old and new implementation. Successfully performed v3 migration including design, plan, develop, test and deployment of code modifications to live production system incurring no service interruption to users.
- Lead and performed build and release management activities for order management system.
- Identified and resolved production web application issues in a timely manner (“go-to” person).
- Recognized the need for and authored detailed User Interface standards Wiki page used as point of by management, development team and user experience team. This required detailed understanding of existing user interface, updating new standards and sharing the documentation with the teams via centralized web page.
- Improved application user interface by reviewing wire frames, documenting defects and following through on defect resolution. This required detailed understanding of the documented standards and diligence in enforcing of standards among the development team during wire frame reviews.
- Trained and mentored new team members on environment setup and current development processes. Documented development environment in form of Wiki pages (web servers, connectivity, configuration of developer tools, software recommendations)
- Utilized Agile software development practices: Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint Grooming, Daily Scrum and Retrospectives.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Technology Expertise: PHP, J2EE, PayPal API, Facebook API, Twitter API, Google Apps
- Performed all system administration on Linux server, including installation and configuration of WordPress, Wowzamedia video server, MySql database and Apache/Tomcat.
- Developed a suite of SOAP and RESTful Web Services (WSDL)required to retrieve relevant data from external sources
- Tested and promoted software releases to staging and production environments.
- Diagnosed and resolved web site issues for staging and production servers.
- Installed, configured and posted content in WordPress to support marketing efforts. Authored blog posts explaining Confidential product benefits and uses. Created tutorials to assist users in understanding the Confidential product and how to work with it.
- Developed Java interface to MySQL database using JDBC.
Confidential, Daytona Beach, FL
Senior Software Developer
Technology Expertise: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Reports, Oracle Portal
- Successfully developed and implemented an automated solution for daily distribution of financial reports to 40 directors.
- Designed Oracle Discoverer workbooks, star schema, ad hoc interface and database views to support requirements of the sales teams to monitor ticket sales.
- Fully documented all new standards, including naming conventions, look-and-feel, and coding standards.
- Configured and deployed Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Reports on Oracle Portal.
- Designed and maintained Oracle Portal as user interface to financial reporting system serving up to 80 users.
Web Site Administrator
- Researched and acquired various software solutions to support demands of the business.
- Managed development and implementation schedules using MS Project.
- Developed business process and workflow for the review and control of content to the web site. Enforced content formatting, image treatment, and design consistency using expertise in HTML, advanced techniques in web site development and editing of digital images.