Program / Project Manager/ Scrum Master/Business Analyst (Information Technology)
- 20 years, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Process Management (Black Belt)(Master Black Belt)
- 15 years, Senior Project / Program Management
- 6 years, Scrum Master
- 15 years, Test Engineer (LSS)
- 3 years, Procurement Specialist (Information Technology)
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE / TECHNICAL / COMPUTER:
- Crystal Minitab
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Microsoft Project 2010
- Primavera 6
- Python (Programming)
- R (programming)
- Telecom BSS, OSS, or NMS (Billing, Order Management, Provisioning, Network Inventory)
- TR - 069 Protocol
- Web architecture end-user support
- Windows 7
Project Manager & Scrum Master
Confidential, Atlanta, GA / Woodbridge, NJ
- Managed a group of engineers (8) technicians, internal and external vendors (25); managed Open Source System (OSS), Element Management System (EMS), and inventory management (system) for inventory control
- Prepared bid packages (Request for Bids, Request for Quotes): review, analyze and evaluate proposals ranging from $1.0M to $75M with an average contract value of $30M for software products & telecommunication products
- Managed 750+ cell sites in NY/NJ region, including deployments/ coordination of vendors (13), technicians (25), and engineers (6) for long - term evolution (LTE) upgrades; manage resources including: personnel, inventory, and software development lifecycle process to deliver software releases of Connect and CMI projects
- Managed ERP IT projects. Worked collaborative with functional and technical business areas, executive and IT leadership, and third partners to achieve future ERP project objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
- Managed various projects with ERP for Web-based, technical and small businesses
- Developed business relationships with five supplier/vendors, including: SAP, Oracle, JDA Software, Ariba, and Manhattan Associates and 20-23 customers in the telecommunication, engineering, and project management industries; responsible for risk mitigation for software/ architecture changes across a suite of legacy systems/applications, resulting in forecasting problems and identifying solutions before the problems occur
- Manager / liaison with architects and system integration team to deliver end-to-end, technical, telecommunications solutions, including: Business Support System (BSS), Open Sound Solution (OSS), or Network Management System (NMS) applications for Billing, Order Management, Provisioning, and Network Inventory
- Managed network management system; monitored status performance of IT environment; responsible for rectification / identification of faults; provided SME advice to IT departments for budget planning, IT development/changes; managed BSS / OSS systems for compliance
- Managed supplier performance via vendors’ tally sheets (pluses/minuses), resolve customers’ needs by priority, supplier issues and activities, coordinated internal / external clients to meet objectives (e.g., measurement / monitoring against plan-based metrics.
- Accountable for KPI's and scorecard throughout the network and implementation of functional plans to improve customer satisfaction.
- Utlized Archer Enterprise Management system to use information in the context of enterprise governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) initiatives across the client enterprise.
- Optimize creation and deployment of telecommunication systems by using established business requirements to develop total technical design, ensuring proper usage within design process, including value stream mapping to analyze current and designing a future-state event series from design to commercial release
- Change Agent for mid-process functions; liaise between management and production to implement Six Sigma for objectives and quality assurance alignment; trained functional business leaders to learning objectives, including: operation excellence, black belt and scrum master to adopt Six Sigma practice(s)
- Saved $275K+ by introducing Project Management and Six Sigma methodologies into operations, improving process flow and communication for projects
- Trained Lean Six Sigma Green (35 learners) and Black Belts (55 learners) in 14 months, resulting in achieving Six Sigma Quality Assurance standards of <3.4 defects per million opportunities; managed development / implementation of three-tier web application to license, re-license, and track trouble-tickets, trouble-calls, resolutions, and results
- Compiled / analyzed data developed by Six Sigma / project management methodology via statistics analysis (SPSS) resulting in process re-engineering reporting for analysis-based decisions to internal / external customers for analysis including: Confidential -test, two independent sample Confidential -test, chi-square test, and one way ANOVA; coordinated with software development team to provide scrum principles, practices, and theory for production improvement
- Implemented agile/scrum as a project management methodology with Version One, software development team to remove impediments to ability of team to deliver product goals and deliverables, as part of Six Sigma process improvement
- Utilized Minitab to provide customers in manufacturing, banking, heath care, and telecommunications industries with data analysis to determine needs and forecasting performance, including data analysis and lean six sigma methods and practice
- Improved efficiency of installation process by working with engineers and technician to redesign test procedures and establishing ground rules, pre-schedule team meetings, and evolving team members into the process; improved installation time and ability for techs to upgrade more cell sites daily, which resulted in project being completed six months prior to deliverables date for a saving of 17% of the project budget
Project Manager & Scrum Master
Confidential, Peachtree, GA
- Information Technology Portfolio Manager for team providing IT solutions to government agencies; responsible for management of $13M annual budget for network equipment / acquisition; managed Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and lifecycles, reduced excess / obsolete inventory by 48%
- Worked with team of architects / system integration techs for end-to-end technical telecommunications solutions delivery to internal / external customers; SME to ID and provide solutions to potential project problems / identifying risks / providing solutions
- Managed a team that implemented Oracle Fusion implementation. Used ERP software to track and report KP s.
- Implemented agile/scrum as a project management methodology with Version One software development team in using agile/scrum
- Utilized Archer Enterprise Management system to use information in the context of enterprise governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) initiatives across the client enterprise.
- Managed a budget of $23M; stretched the budget by identifying risks and identifying project costs early to ensure project deliverables and milestones are 100% met for client(s)
- Identified and reduced administrative and operational cost for ~$200K savings annually; reduced waste by 17% using project management global standards (define-measure-analyze-improve-control methodology) to deliver >15 projects under budget, on-scope, and earlier than scheduled deliverables
- Saved organization $500K+ by introducing Project Management and Six Sigma methodologies into operations; trained Lean Six Sigma Green (55) and Black Belts (52)
- Responsible for leading international team within Enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) organization focused on software deliverables meeting higher education clients’ need for recruiting and admissions productivity
- Responsible for mitigating risk associated with architecture/software changes across a suite of existing systems/applications increasing market deployments by 8%, including project competition of six months prior to deliverables date; improved procurement department performance via Root Cause Correct Actions, Value Stream Mapping Events, Kaizens, Dives, and Lean Process Tools; team status reviewed weekly for performance / quality
- Performed project appraisal to team and individuals to ensure performance standards were met; performed audits and inspections to ensure processes complying to standards.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed team (20 personnel: engineers, analysts, vendors) during software deployment projects lifecycle; facilitated eight developers, testers, business analyst during agile / scrum projects; oversaw IT budgets of $75M annually
- Project leader responsible for guiding planning and deployment lifecycles for three projects, including enterprise-wide security software upgrade for ~10K end users; collaborated with lead architect, developers, business analysts, and executives to determine software's technical direction, system design, and implementation on insurance / employees benefits
- Monitor ERP and third vendor project resource and manage relationships with a wide range of business groups and department. Developed and maintain project documentation throughout all stages of the lifecycle.
- Introduced operations best practices, including strategic / production programs involving 25+ managers and 400 staff, continuous / process improvement interventions, logistics management, and quality assurance, as well as Six Sigma lean manufacturing system; resulting in increased revenue, reduced overhead or man-hours or staff, company efficiencies improved by 11%, leading to regular reviews, scheduling, cost and resources
- Developed more efficient processes and test instruments to perform tasks by benchmarking past and current industry trends; designed and executed improvement plan software deployment projects valued Confidential $60M that reduced quality overhead costs by 30%
- Directed cross-functional teams including: technicians, engineers, and business analyst; mentored/coached new staff (25 quarterly) to ensure engineering operations solutions met by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions, calculating economics, and determining impact on total system; results of using alternative solutions saved >$150K
- Responsible for leading complex projects in business intelligence design and delivery teams; managed core IT services (network, server, development, database); managed projects to QA time, budget, quality in implementation
- Managed stand-ups, backlogs, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, demos, story board, story writing, and information radiator used techniques (brain storming and sprint respective to improve process); results led to completing sprints on time 100% throughout project
- Implemented agile/scrum as a project management methodology with Version One software development team in use of agile/scrum; results of implementing agile/scrum improved communications and collaboration functioning software, team self-organization and implemented flexibility to adapt; performed analysis and comparison to benchmarking similar industries that adapted to using agile/scrum methodologies
- Created project schedules for software deployments, for 2-3 projects simultaneously ~3 times monthly (2 years); tracked deliverables (external / internal clients), managed reports
- Maximized and leveraged IT and telecommunications systems for high-end customers within banking sector by conducting planning/strategy sessions and directing technical
- Collaborate with architecture / product management teams in defining product strategy and vision; set forecast / accountable for inventory control improvement implementation projects
- Used techniques such as specific, measurable, assignable, realistic, time-based goals (smart goals) when project(s) required significant effort, time, or money; brainstorming, burn charts, risk identity and fallback plans, and SMEs used to improve processes / save cost on project; implemented control quality processes to assess changes in project(s); implemented estimate activity resource process to identify resources/man-hours for task or activity
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Project leader guiding planning and software deployment lifecycles for variety of projects, including enterprise-wide security software upgrade for ~10K end users
- Managed team of >17 and oversaw budget of ~$12M annually
- Designed and executed improvement plan that reduced quality costs by 30%; introduced best practices, including strategic and production programs involving 25+ managers and 400 staff, continuous and process improvement interventions, logistics management, and quality assurance, as well as Six Sigma lean manufacturing system
- Directed cross-functional teams, and mentored/coached new staff in completing engineering operations; managed stand ups, backlogs, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives (lessons learned); implemented agile/scrum as a project management methodology with Version One software development team in using agile/scrum; created project schedules, tracked deliverables, and managed reporting requirements using Microsoft Project; Set Forecast and accountable for Inventory Control.
- Prepare bid packages (RFP), conduct bidders conferences; analyze / evaluate proposals; collaborate with Architecture / Product Management to define Product Strategy / Vision
- Maximized and leveraged IT and telecommunications systems for high-end customers within banking sector by conducting planning/strategy sessions and directing technical improvement implementation projects; benchmarked past / current industry trends for best practices; used estimate techniques to estimate milestones and project duration against budget for project phases; result was cost savings using tools such as bottom-up estimating
- Saved money on man-hours / resources by sequencing activities, involve team to estimate work, determine budget and determine resource(s) needed in each phase or project.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed a team of >10 staff; oversaw project with budgets of ~$1.5 to 2.7M, with oversight of IT budgets of ~$75M (annually); responsible for delivery of risk solutions products, development process, and best practices for project management; developed cost benefits analysis, report to an executive committee, creates / report project status utilizing a dashboard, allocate resources, defines project governance policies and manage the financial concerns
- Managed projects ranging from large strategic projects (developing business case, undertaking feasibility study, creating project plan, issue statement of work (SOW), perform project and procurement closing), dealing with vendor management to smaller corporate projects (entails creating project plan and perform project closure); responsible for directing, coordinating, execution, completion of upgrades, vender selection, and marketing initiatives
- Report project’s progress, ensure transparency throughout project lifecycle; managed software product lifecycle from initiation through delivery; created project schedules, tracked deliverables, and managed reporting requirements using Microsoft Project; developed detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and status reports; prepare bid packages (RFP), conduct bidders conferences, analyze and evaluate projects
- Used estimate duration techniques to estimate milestones and project duration to determine the budget needed for project phase(s); Used techniques such as specific, measurable, assignable, realistic and time based goals (smart goals) as well as SMEs advice.
- Used burn charts to identify plan areas’ completion progress; identified risks early in project to ID potential risk and implemented a workaround fallback plan; utilized techniques to save money on man-hours / resources by sequencing activities, using team members for work estimate / determine budget / resource(s) for each phase or project
Senior Field Engineer / Project Lead
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Installed / repaired electronic equipment (Tellabs titan 5500 & 6500 network equipment)
- Ensured testing of (~15 a month) Cisco routers, installation/configuration of (network element) network connections
- Project lead for system architecture, diagnostics, functionality, and TL1 language of TITAN500/S, Titan532L (internal and external clients/customers)
- Analyzed network problems and performed troubleshooting incident response and track problems through resolution.
- Lead engineer to assist technician(s) and engineer(s) in installations or upgrade to client’s network equipment; responsible for scheduling technicians / engineers to client sites
- Assisted engineers and technical writer update TLI commands