IT professional with extensive project and program management experience. Proven ability to lead cross - functional teams to achieve results and meet objectives. Excellent relationship management, collaboration, presentation and communication skills.
Technologies: .NET, RESTful Web services, XML / JSON, SQL Server, ASP.NET, MVC, jQuery C++, Java, AIX, HP-UX, Windows, Toad, ORACLE, DB2
PM / Tools: Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Planview, Clear Case, Clear Quest, VSS, Rational RequisitePro, SharePoint, Remedy, Clarity, MS Visual Studio, MS Team foundation Server, Content Management tools, ServiceNow, VSS, Quality Center, PMBOK
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Identify the fundamental components of information security
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software. Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access. Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level. Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident
- Background. Networking technologies (e.g., hardware, infrastructure)
- Web technologies (e.g., web 2.0, skype). Systems technologies
- Communication on protocols. Malware operations
- Mobile technologies (e.g., smartphones ). Telecommunication on technologies
- Backups and archiving (e.g., local, network). Analysis / Assessment
- Data analysis. Systems analysis. Risk assessments. Technical assessment methods
- Systems security controls. Application/file server. Firewalls. Cryptography. Network security
- Physical security. Threat modeling. Verification procedures (e.g., false positive/negative validation)
- Social engineering (human factors manipulation). Vulnerability scanners
- Security policy implications. Privacy/confidentiality (with regard to engagement)
- Biometrics. Wireless access technology (e.g., networking, RFID, Bluetooth)
- Trusted networks. Vulnerabilities.
- Tools / Systems / Programs
- Network/host based intrusion. Network/wireless sniffers (e.g., WireShark, Airsnort)
- Access control mechanisims (e.g., smart cards ). Cryptography techniques (e.g., IPsec, SSL, PGP)
- Programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, C#, C). Scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Java script)
- Boundary protection appliances. Network topologies. Subnetting. Port scanning (e.g., NMAP)
- Domain name system (DNS). Routers /modems /switches. Vulnerability scanner (e.g., Nessus, Rena). Vulnerability management and protection systems (e.g.,Founds tone, Ecora)
- Operating environments (e.g., Linux, Windows, Mac). Antivirus systems and programs
- Log analysis tools.
- Security models
- Exploitation tools.Database structures.Procedures / Methodology.Cryptography
- Public key infrastructure (PKI).Security Architecture (SA).Service Oriented Architecture
- Information security incident.N-tier application design.TCP/IP networking (e.g., network routing)
- Security testing methodology.Regulation / Policy • Security policies
- Compliance regulations (e.g., PCI)
- Ethics • Professional code of conduct
- Appropriateness of hacking
- Security Governance Principles Compliance Professional Ethics Security Documentation
- Risk Management Threat Modeling Business Continuity Plan Fundamentals
- Acquisition Strategy and Practice Personnel Security Policies Security Awareness and
- Asset Security Privacy Protection Asset Retention Data Security Controls Secure Data Handling
- Security in the Engineering Lifecycle System Component Security Security Models
- Controls and Countermeasures in Enterprise Security Information System Security Capabilities
- Design and Architecture Vulnerability Mitigation Vulnerability Mitigation in Embedded, Mobile, and Web-Based Systems Cryptography Concepts Cryptography Techniques
- Site and Facility Design for Physical Security Physical Security Implementation in Sites and Facilities
- Network Protocol Security Network Components Security Communication Channel Security
- Network Attack Mitigation
- Physical and Logical Access Control Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
- Identity as a Service Authorization Mechanisms Access Control Attack Mitigation
- 6 - Security Assessment and Testing
- System Security Control Test Software Security Control Testing Security Process Data Collection
- Security Operations Concepts Physical Security Personnel Security Logging and Monitoring
- Preventative Measures Resource Provisioning and Protection Patch and Vulnerability Management Change Management Incident Response Investigations Disaster Recovery Planning Disaster Recovery Strategies Disaster Recovery Implementation
- Security Principles in the System Lifecycle Security Principles in the Software Development Lifecycle Database Security in Software Development Security Controls in the Development Environment Software Security Effectiveness Assessment
Sr Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert
Confidential, Burbank, CA
- Responsible for a range of process improvement and process management activities of a large initiative in terms of a Self Service Web Portal for Small to Medium Business Groups.
- Activities include planning, performing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to management of Business process Delivery.
- Process management functions include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards.
- Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma processes and concepts to lead process improvement initiatives. Partnered with management, project champions, and process owners to execute the project and deliver results
- Made recommendations on appropriate solutions based on research; Selected from alternatives presented
- Process Architecture: Design complex processes and review the work of less senior analysts/consultants.
- Ensure process mapping is complete; provided feedback and guidance to less senior analysts/consultants
- Interviewed stakeholders and process owners to define processes
- Review exisitng Policies and Procedures and update them as the new initiative is delivered and present the policies and procedures to owners from time to time. Helped define Policies and Procedures
- Process Recommendations: Determine process recommendation documents, including presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analyses for complex processes or for portions of larger or inter-related processes
- Solicit, gather and share feedback from users with Hyperledger and the community
- Help connect interested users with the right folks within the community and with Hyperledger staff
- Attend and support local Hyperledger Meetups and community events
- Answer questions on Mail-lists, Rocketchat, Twitter, Quora, Stack Overflow, at events, etc.
- Help onboard new contributors
- Coordinate closely with the Hyperledger Community Architects through quarterly check-ins and through in-person discussions when Ambassadors happen to be at the same events
- Be a go-to resource for helping people learn about Hyperledger online and in their local region
- Discussed scope that needs to be delivered with product owner and sales Department
- Engaged various stakeholders (Product Owner, Technology Director, CTO and QA) for creating theme planning for the Sprints
- Published the theme for the Sprints across Product, Development, QA, Research and cross-functional product teams.
- Managed Sprints and backlog for project ‘Empire’
- Coordinated Requirement gathering for a specific country like France which has very complex postal system. Managed Project plan(s), Forecasts, Documentation.
- Conducted regular risk assessment and provided updates to CTO
- Identified and recruited talent to meeting staffing needs of the project
- Set priorities for the team in the event of production issues that were reported by the customer
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Managed the full project management life cycle for the implementation of very complex, medium to large scale of Web portals Software Development
- Created comprehensive plans, including work schedule that meets the stated business or technical objectives within Enrollment platform (while interacting with PMO and Program Management Staff)
- Worked with Marketplace line of business and product teams to create Requirements and formally handover to IT teams that solution these into technology solutions. Ensured timely and quality delivery of these requirements through frequent releases by IT organization
- Worked with the Business areas in the Operational Readiness activities to provide support and coordination to ensure smooth adoption of new systems and business processes in the Enrollment environment of the organization
- Managed multiple Business Stakeholders: IT, Brokers, Compliance, Legal, Security and CMS
- Engage business partners for conducting user acceptance testing on IT deliverables that meet the requirements. Managed Project Plans, Project Budgets, Budget Forecasts.
- Escalated risks and/or issues to Director, PMO and steering committee and/or sponsor(s) on a regular basis. Facilitated / assisted with conflict resolution within project team(s)
- Provided workarounds when an immediate or long term solution is not available to issues / problems
- Created change requests / scope change requests for the new requirements that come in from different sources like CMS, Brokers, other programs or similar entities and got those deployed by IT
- Collaborated with other programs like Medicare, Medicaid for possible impacts to web portal to avoid disruption of services. Created Project Documentation for the PMO
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Managed all aspects of projects by executing against a defined plan to deliver the technical solution, including scope, risks and mitigation plans, changes, issue tracking and resolution, decisions, and escalations
- Served as the single point of contact for the technical delivery of projects. Engaged IT and business partners as needed to drive solution delivery
- Actively engaged Business in challenging Level of effort submitted by vendor
- Led release readiness meetings, reviewed, finalized and communicated Release Plan document throughout the life cycle of the release, prepared detailed release calendar, communicated with multiple stakeholders. Actively engaged vendor for inputs into the execution plan
- Worked closely with Change management for Checking status on Release CRQ’s, providing inputs to Release documents, Follow up for Change Advisory Board Approval
- Worked closely with vendor for Go-live plan. Led Go-live meetings. Invited service delivery managers, operations team and gain acceptance on the technical deployment. Ensured proper transition to Business support and operations team.
- Identified, tracked and resolved release issues
- Managed third party vendors, contracted for Design, Development and System Testing
- Tracked changes and Engaged business and User Acceptance teams in ‘design sign off’ meetings
- Ensured correct creation, prioritization and assignment of Enhancement requests
- Performed time and material validation of the invoices to create variance reports for Senior Management
- Identified opportunities for business or process improvement; made associated recommendations as appropriate, documented and brainstormed ‘lessons learned’
- Reported to PMO / Director / Senior Director
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Managed multiple projects within Provider Experience under Provider Care Management in Provider portal domain: six web portal applications, a number of supporting utility applications and functionality serving five different regions
- Supervised and led the project staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs; worked to ensure program initiatives met the goals and objectives of the executive leadership team
- Decided on methodology for modifications, conversion and implementation within the program
- Managed scope and change control, got consensus on effort estimation
- Ensured identification, creation, prioritization and sign off on business requirements by impacted stakeholders and helped monitor all technical aspects of implementing projects
- Coordinated the Risk Management Plan and Risk Mitigation Strategy across all projects within the Program and managed the execution within the individual projects
- Ensured efficient and high quality installation of new or changed software and/or systems,
- Provided support to the IT Solutions Team in identifying the appropriate solutions required by the user: Assisted IT Leadership in performing the ‘needs analysis ‘of the relevant business areas and in matching user needs to system capabilities to ensure the new system is easily and quickly integrated
- Provided a weekly status report with major risk factors that are impacting the project timeline, budget and objectives to Program Director, project sponsor and stakeholders
- Ensured quality of deliverables by enforcing adherence to technical standards including coding practices, unit/system testing, and code reviews
- Led the effort in triaging issues, provided work around as applicable and worked with impacted teams and vendors (like IBM) for finding solutions. Mentored other project managers in Provider Care Management
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Responsible for managing, directing and planning multiple projects from cradle to grave. Developed and managed key activities within all PMBOK knowledge areas including; integration, scope, time/ schedule development, cost, quality planning, project team, communications, risk and procurement
- Used APLC comprehensively along with PMBOK deliverables like Workplan, Communications Plan, Risk Mitigation plans to name a few.
- Led a matrix project team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating the efforts of internal, external project team members and Project management team also making these accountable for meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Prepared Professional presentations for Level 2 stakeholders and assisted Program manager for preparing professional presentation for Level 3
- Managed the effective allocation, utilization, and management of resources assigned to the project team, and proactively communicate resource capacity and shortages to the respective organization leads
- Managed cost benefit analysis, architectural / feasibility assessment, functional and technical designs, construction, testing and implementation
- Coordinated engagement of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist in the identification, validation, and resolution of business system needs
- Evaluated project activities, built contingency plans, executed corrective action, and monitored issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances
- Proactively identified additional cost-savings to reduce overall project expenditures
- Delivered zero defect projects and was chosen to present best practices in the CMMI focus groups
- Ensured appropriate technical documentation is developed, maintained, reviewed, and approved
- Assisted in skills development and assessments for the Program staff
- Responded to recommendations on hiring, advancement, promotional or any other change of status of direct and indirect reports as applicable
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Managed a team of over 30 resources working on this project at any given point of time.
- Actively participated in CMMI audits, focus groups and process improvements
- Other tasks assigned by Program Manager / Delivery lead
- Accountable for 3 Key PMBOK deliverables ….1) Scope Management, 2) Risk and Issue Management 3) Process Implementation
- Comprehensively used APLC for Program Delivery projects, provided feedback to Senior Managers on improvements