- Experienced IT Project Manager with proven ability to plan, direct, control and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experienced managing large teams and organizations using proven leadership skills and tenacious attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in balancing the needs of various stakeholders, customers, end users, and technical teams. Comprehensive experience in project planning, budgeting, resource allocating, and implementing effective cost controls. Comprehensive public sector experience at the Federal, State and Department of the Confidential System and Material Command levels.
- Excellent communicator leveraging technical and business acumen to bridge the gap between technical and end user teams; team player with strong interpersonal skills to provide support and constructive performance feedback. Drafted hundreds of pages of technical SOWs and SDLC products for application, infrastructure and construction projects.
- Proven in agile and waterfall project management methodologies; skilled in strategic planning and directing projects using business and management principles including ISO9000, TQM, benchmarking and production methods; organized and able to effectively reengineer policies and procedures following PMI project management methodology.
SOFTWARE, PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES, APPLICATIONS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- C++, C#, Java, SQL, Visual Basic, .NET, Visual Studio, Networks, ESRI, ArcGIS and QGIS
- Master level proficiency in MS Office Suite, OneNote, MS Project Server
- Agile methodology, Rally Agile Software Development Management Platform
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology
- Xpient, Retalix Mobile POS, MS BI, EMV Technology, Oracle Hyperion
- User experience (UX), user experience design (UXD) and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Axure, JIRA, SharePoint
- GUI and OOD development
- Multilingual: Spanish, Tagalog (Filipino), Mandarin Chinese, and Arabic
- Formal Six Sigma training
Confidential, Washington, DC
IT Project Manager
- Senior level (GS - 14) technical expert performing project management of multiple IT projects under the Census Bureau’s Information Systems Office. Currently assigned as Project Manager for four major enterprise level projects:
- Geographic Information System software application development project that will enable tribal, state, and local governments to easily view and edit all of the Census Bureau’s spatial, address, and attribute data for 12 different 2020 Census geographic partnership programs.
- Census Bureau-wide enterprise level Microsoft Product Roadmap development project
- Application Programming Interface (API) project designing web and mobile apps that allow new users to explore and learn more about America's changing population and economy by making key demographic, socio-economic and housing statistics (open data) more accessible than ever before; and developing a suite of services providing selected demographic and economic data from the Census Bureau to specific types of users
- Development of an enterprise-level application for automating and managing acquisition lifecycle of IT software, hardware and services.
- Initiate, develop and manage project objectives, build project requirements, monitor progress, oversee and mitigate risks and coordinate project costs, time and scope.
- Manage and monitor project activities and resources and implement/maintain quality assurance processes in Agile software environments.
- Deliver presentations and briefings on all aspects of projects to senior level officials. Lead phase, milestone, and final project reviews.
- Work closely with end users, business technologists and stakeholders to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Worked with Business Analysts to ensure Bureau’s product vision remained aligned across all products (internal and external).
- Developed, maintained and demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of business and technical environments.
- Consulting with technical and non-technical team members, creating a bridge of understanding between the two groups.
- Was uniquely qualified to oversee Do Not Pay agile development efforts working with remotely located Fiscal Service and Federal Reserve development teams.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Oversaw operation, maintenance and upgrade of statewide IS systems including hardware and software applications.
- Provided technical vision to project teams and managed Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Lead software development teams to meet Systems Development Metric Goals.
- Introduced and implemented agile development practices for appropriate projects leading to its adoption as development methodology of choice at the Authority; successfully used historical data to convince executive management to migrate future projects to agile methods; developed Project Plan for major application migration project. Championed the use of agile Scrum methodology to tackle a complex toll system lane controller upgrade. Established a process of iterative planned releases to improve teamwork and ensure on time/on budget accomplishment.
- As a Project Manager for hardware and software upgrade projects: managed various software integration projects (violation processing, upgrade of lane controllers) using incremental agile approaches to install systems to replace legacy systems; resolved and documented business processes to accommodate credit card implementation.
- Four years’ experience in using Scrum techniques, Java, JIRA issues and bug tracking and UX.
- Presided over requirements gathering and focus groups for ERP implementation; developed user documentation and scripts for usability testing and system training. Reported to Director of Operations; responsible for technical integrity, implementation, and successful delivery of technical solutions for state agency and worked with dotted line responsibility to the IT Director. Prioritized tasks and developed schedules for every project; supported business development including identifying opportunities, drafting RFPs and directing Task and Change Order processes, and planning/estimating development work. Reviewed and enhanced technical documentation to include functional and system designs with a determined customer focus facilitating technical solutions that enabled customers to achieve their business visions. Guided technical work applying strong communication skills, problem-solving skills, and best practices knowledge.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
IT Program Manager
- As a consultant, was multi-tasked with Asst. Director of Operations and IT project manager roles.
- Oversaw operation, maintenance and upgrade of statewide enterprise resource planning application and system including electronic equipment, data processing systems, information systems, systems analysis, and computer hardware and associated software applications.
- Led project to develop and manage security for IT functional areas (data systems, network, and applications) across the enterprise.
- This included development, implementation, and enforcement of security policies and procedures; selecting and deploying technical controls to meet specific security requirements and ensuring that security configurations were maintained.
- Collaborated with business units to identify security requirements using risk and business impact assessments, assisted in the coordination and completion of information security operations documentation, developed strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and addressed identified risks.
- Reported residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures including misuse of info assets and noncompliance.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Performed project management and systems engineering of technology transfer projects to foreign allied governments under the Confidential.
- Provided upgrades to ships, complex electronic equipment suites, weapons systems, IT infrastructure, and IT technical support to various foreign Confidential clients.
- Led installation and checkout projects as lead systems engineer for Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and was the primary point of contact for the Confidential acquisition agency.
- Project engineer for 10 foreign military sales projects. In charge of shipyard production repair work on ships being sold to foreign allies.
- Oversaw all aspects of the shipyard production and was responsible and accountable for the performance of production staff for safety, quality, cost, and scheduling including the administrative functions needed to support ship’s operations.
- Project Manager for a project to develop integrated, user-friendly care management software application that provided flexibility to support the specific needs of case, utilization, disease and population health management programs . Led follow on project to help healthcare client install and implement the new software system and instruct users in converting patient records from paper to electronic database in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid requirements.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Surface Warfare Officer
- Achieved rank of Lieutenant Commander and served as second in command of a guided missile destroyer.
- Credited with maintaining full combat readiness of complex electronic weapons systems and radar suites, improving self-sufficiency and systems integrity during high tempo operations and distant logistics lines; oversaw micro-miniature repair of electronic circuit boards.
- Was handpicked to provide leadership and technical guidance in skillfully directing 3 different ships through industrial overhauls at the department head and executive officer levels.
- Planned, managed, and guided the functions and tasks assigned for the electronic maintenance and Configuration Management (CM) of shipboard radars and weapons systems. Controlled engineering changes for their software, hardware, and documentation.