- Technical Product Management Technology and Systems Integration
- Strategic Project and Engagement Management Market and Business Development
- Sales Engineering Field and Customer Strategic Alliances
- Led inter - corporate teams driving first-ever Linux systems s with Oracle clustered databases (OPS, RAC) and Oracle Financials on SAN and NAS storage; sourced 4 pilots; enabled $500M sales and services revenue potential
- Re-established and managed several marquee multi-million dollar early adopter global client initiatives drove positive press coverage of technology launches, marketing direction, and sales successes.
- Uniquely skilled at innovative approaches to deliver practical solutions on time, within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to scope and deliver solutions from diverse product sets and technologies to meet customer business and technical needs, across a range of industries.
- Skilled at developing new products and acquiring managing beta - adopter clients: market needs analysis; technology assessment, selection and integration; and solution development, deployment and launch.
- Excels at resolving complex technical and market problems through systematic issue analysis and definition of tactical plans to reach company, partner and customer strategic goals; with strong focus on bottom line.
- Adept at blending market and insight with technology expertise to enable new markets
- Recognized by management, field, partners and customers as a leader who understands technology from the customer point of view, builds high-performing teams, and drives high-value market solutions.
CLOUD, DISTRIBUTED/GRID COMPUTING: SOA, SaaS / PaaS; Utility computing: MS Windows Azure, SSDS; Amazon AWS; Google Apps
CORE INTERNET INFRASTRUCTURE: Host and firewall security; LANs and Internet site management; Email management
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING: Compute cluster architecture and deployment, and performance services
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows (all), Solaris, Linux (RedHat/RHEL, SuSE/SLES), HP-UX, AIX, Mac/OSX
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, COLLABORATION & PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS: MS Project, MS Team Foundation Server, MS Office, Access, Sharepoint, Visio, LiveMeeting, Citrix
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008; Oracle 7-10g, MySQL, Oracle Designer
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE: MS PerformancePoint Server, and Sharepoint
SAN/NAS SYSTEMS and BACKUP: EMC Symmetrix, Clariion; NetApp Filers; Veritas; Legato
SECURITY and DATACENTER METHODOLOGIES: Data Replication, Disaster Recovery, Remote Site Operations, Business Continuity, SLA development
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT & PROJECT MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGIES: PMBOK (PMI Model/Methodology), MS Solutions Framework (MSF), MS SDLC, Scrum (Agile)
SYSTEM MANAGEMENT & VIRTUAL PRESENTATION TOOLS: MS System Center, Virtual Machine Manager, Softgrid; F/OSS admin + security tools; Remedy, Openview, Citrix
VIRTUAL INFRASTRUCTURE: VMware ESX Server 2.5x, 3.x, Workstation (all); MS Virtual Server, Virtual PC, Hyper-V
WEB INFRASTRUCTURE: Apache, Tomcat; Confidential IIS; IBM Websphere; BEA Weblogic, Oracle AppServer
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Senior Technical Product Manager / Virtual Team Lead
- Led strategic planning and competitive analysis for DB application code upgrade and migration sales and services opportunities; targeted LOB requirements and risk mitigation for mission-critical server/client applications.
- Researched opportunities, sales readiness and integrator partner capability; developed comprehensive plan to drive product and service revenue by field sales and integrator partner channels, and conducted partner .
- Praised by sales and management for market plan to overcome adoption hurdles and enable 1,000%+ ROI in 3 years.
Project and Engagement Manager
- Managed technical and business issues in 4 major projects for IT and Retail customers such as Confidential and Confidential ; projects ranged up to $5M budget and 10 engineers.
- Engaged with customers to refine business requirements and user scenarios; re-architect site design; integrate + virtualize server, storage, and database infrastructure; and tune custom high-performance software applications.
- Drove business and functional scoping for port effort of Mirada’s grid-enabled SOA engine, enabling dynamic web application response to changing customer business requirements.
- Developed best practices guides, and upgraded Mirada's quality-assurance process description.
- Commended by CEO for leadership in driving project goal attainment, business development, and customer satisfaction.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Co-Founder and Director, Alliances and Market Development
- Initiated and signed 2 strategic alliances in 4 months, with enterprise partners Oracle and Network Appliance.
- Developed and certified top-tier database server solutions, enabling $500M revenue potential in new markets.
- Led inter- corporate teams driving first-ever Linux systems s with Oracle clustered databases (OPS, RAC) and Oracle Financials, on NAS storage.
- As subject matter expert, won deals by blending value across channel in marketing, field sales and consulting.
- Developed BRDs/MRDs, joint product roadmaps, and go-to-market plans; created readiness tools for field sales and consulting teams; and crafted and presented briefing materials and processes to partners and customers.
- Praised by partners for establishing market presence and services opportunities in previously-unreachable markets.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Senior Product, Program Manager
- Identified undiscovered revenue opportunities; initiated 6 new datacenter-oriented product lines to meet market need.
- Developed MRDs and PRDs, product roadmaps, go-to-market plans and field readiness tools.
- Guided Professional Services datacenter site evaluations, and system / network / database rollouts; led for global sales and professional services staff, covering datacenter integration and database platform challenges
- Launched and guided and readiness efforts, working with Oracle to resolve technical and business issues across multiple server and application lines.
- Commended by VA Linux and Oracle engineering directors.
- Recognized by Executive Staff for enabling new markets and driving Oracle, EMC, Network Appliance enterprise alliances.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Launched 9 new products targeted to existing, prospect and NDA accounts; managed global field sales and Executive Customer Briefings.
- Established the first procedural framework to develop product demonstrations for Desktop Solutions division.
- Collaborated with solution partners, product management and field to integrate products to meet client needs.
- Managed IT press community, and product review publications.
- Praised by field for responsive sales support and, and by product groups for driving product improvements.
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
- Shepherded 5 high-profile beta clients for technology guidance, and problem resolution; clients became key Oracle press and event s.
- Managed CNN “CustomNews” website implementation project, enabling Comdex launch effort for Sr. Executives.
- Consulted to academic and worldwide IT protocol standards bodies (e.g.: MIT, W3C, ISOC, and CommerceNet).
- Established first internet presence and security for division, enabling partner development and field marketing.
- Served as a key channel into engineering team, and broader company.
- Established mechanisms for collecting and documenting customer issues for collaboration and fast-track resolution with engineering, marketing and sales.
- Recognized by clients and sales consulting as a key technical point person, and a dedicated field and customer advocate.
- Responsible for: Complete product launch efforts showcasing solutions for diverse customer environments (database, infrastructure management, and software development tools).
- Reported to Sr. Director of Confidential
- Supported senior executives’ public engagements with product launches, and thought-leader presentation visits.
- Managed a broad range of product launch tactics (event project management, support, and demo development).
- Planned and drove global multi-city launch efforts, and customer and field marketing/sales .
- Commended by management for outstanding leadership, and ability to motivate and mobilize teams to reach objectives.