- 10+ years of depth and breadth experience in project engineering. Additionally, earned a in GIS & Geospatial Technology and completed projects involving data reduction and map creation using ESRI’s ArcGIS version 10.x suite of products and QGIS 3.x.
- Experienced in working with databases, using Tableau for data visualization, and coding in GIS Python scripting language. Solid understanding of the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
- An engineer with a proven ability to use strong analytical and problem solving skills in analyzing, investigating, and proposing solutions to technical issues; converting, editing, and managing data; and writing reports. An analyst with a solid understanding of cartographic principles, spatial data concepts, projection systems, data management, digital map production, hard copy presentations, and QA/QC on GIS data.
- A compassionate communicator with strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills who is known for engaging individuals of diverse audiences, building rapport quickly, and connecting on a personal level.
- A resourceful and results oriented independent worker and team contributor who enjoys operating cross functionally and collaboratively to handle multiple assignments found in deadline - oriented and time-critical environments where priorities change quickly.
Proficient in both ESRI ArcGIS 10.6 and QGIS 3.0 Software & Desktop Extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, others) SQL Database HTML Java Scripting Tableau Public Python Visio Windows Microsoft Office WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project Adobe Acrobat & Premiere
GIS & GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE:
- Employed ESRI ArcGIS 10.6 and QGIS 3.0 software including desktop extensions (Spatial Analyst3D Analyst, and others), ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and Operations Dashboard to create enterprise GIS solutions.
- Utilized custom geospatial technology and information management solutions to develop high quality cartographic products suitable for client deliveries, demonstrating a solid understanding of cartography best practices, including map projections, data classification, symbolization, color selection, label placement, and map layout.
- Collected data from a variety of sources such as government databases, libraries, and Internet. Compiled, processed, and evaluated GPS data; designed data models; created metadata for GIS datasets; and developed executable code functions to design and produce visually appealing and informative cartographic products.
ESRI GIS and Geospatial Projects | GIS Data Management
- Completed a network analysis project where Starbucks wanted to close the least utilized store in Riverside, CA to cut its operating costs. The objective was to analyze the Riverside population and its street network using GIS to target stores to close to increase the company’s profitability.
- Using ArcGIS, analyzed the availability of Nursing Homes in Orange County, CA to accommodate the Baby Boomer Generation over the next ten years to determine if there are adequate facilities and, if not, where in Orange County should more be built to meet the growing demand and at what capacity. Gathered population demographic and nursing home location data, created and developed an ACCESS database, and processed that data for ArcGIS consumption. Analyzed the data and developed various maps to illustrate how the Baby Boomer population density relates to the current nursing home locations to determine adequacy of nursing home facilities and propose new locations for future expansion.
- Completed a cost analysis project to determine the lowest cost route to build a road across the Darian Gap that takes into consideration the slope of the terrain and water to keep the road construction costs as low as possible.
- Employing both ArcGIS and Tableau, analyzed and chronicled the outbreak of the West Nile virus (both neuroinvasive and non-neuroinvasive forms) from as it spread across the U.S. and the affect that major U.S. airports had on the spread of the virus to other states.
- Using ArcGIS, analyzed the high crime areas around Chicago, IL to determine which is the safest biggest city (≥ 50,000 population) to live in that has both the safest route and shortest commute time to the downtown Chicago area.
- Managed and oversaw projects from design to installation and testing and, in collaboration with cross-functional teams, developed and implemented a variety of processes.
- Performed feasibility studies; selected vendors; and analyzed, evaluated, validated, and tested products.
- Developed validation protocols and procedures for implementing process in production. Defined critical and non-critical parameters for parametric release of product to ensure that products met standards.
- Designed and implemented the processes to sterilize flexible tubing, filters, microbiological equipment, and rapid transit port (RTP) canisters for the DUPLEXTM multi-chamber IV product.
- Categorized and bracketed over 500 equipment change-over parts from inside the DUPLEX™ production isolators to design and produce three steam sterilization cycles for sterilizing the parts. Wrote the validation protocols and procedures for implementing the process in production.
- Designed and implemented a vapor hydrogen peroxide (VHP) gas process to decontaminate the sterility, sterile parts transfer, and autoclave - interface isolators for DUPLEXTM process. This included performing empty chamber temperature and gas distribution studies, and piping dead leg gas penetration studies.
- Wrote specifications and engineering reports, prepared technical documents including user requirements and procedures, and created flowcharts.
- Investigated and identified the top three problems causing EXCEL product rejects. Collaborated with the manufacturing engineers to resolve the issues, resulting in a 20% decrease in manufacturing cost.
- Led Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, and Quality Control team members in defining and designing the replacement of an outdated sterilizer computer control system. Managed the project from design phase through installation and testing including scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Wrote all validation protocols, reports, and system procedures. Validated both hardware and software components of the system.
- Managed the replacement computer hardware and software for a non-compliant Y2K metrology management/recall system from design phase through installation and testing including scheduling, budgeting, and installation of the replacement computer hardware and software. While the new Metrology Management System was in service (seven years), no downtime was ever experienced.
- Managed and coordinated over 40 test runs to extend three sterilization cycles in five sterilizer vessels for a product where product sterility was becoming an issue. Wrote the investigative engineering report, validation plan, validation protocols, FDA submission data summaries, and procedure changes.
- Wrote process specification documents for selecting products from various vendors to assist with process design and development. Analyzed and evaluated the top three candidates that met the specifications to choose the best vendor to use for process development activities.
Technical Report Writing
- Established and wrote numerous test protocols for validating the final process designs and wrote the subsequent final reports of the outcome of the testing performed.
- Generated the Master Sterilization/Aseptic Process Validation Strategy document for the DUPLEXTM container project. The document served as a road map for implementing, testing, and validating each sterilization/decontamination process (Steam, VHP gas, Electron beam, Ultraviolet, SIP, and filter sterilization) used to achieve a sterile product.
- Responsible for all night time production operations for company’s EXCEL product line. Resolved all manufacturing and personnel problems that occurred. Consistently had the lowest reject rates of the four shifts and frequently out produced them with no sacrifice in product quality.
- Coached and mentored personnel. Introduced new hires to staff and provided instruction on work tasks and procedures. Developed and delivered PowerPoint presentations.