- Empowering visionary, change agent, strategic planner and executor with a strong background in Senior Project Management, Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Maintenance, and Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing. Led program and product development and project management within capital intensive environments in all disciplines of engineering.
- Leveraged exceptional strengths and sound business skills to develop “big picture” strategies that solved business demands.
- Worked collaboratively with all facets of government and management to ensure delivery of quality products, projects, and ROI expectations.
- Utilized a proactive team approach with all levels of business entities.
- Bridged the gap and garnered buy - in from all stakeholders, seized control of critical problem areas and delivered on customer commitments.
- Solution driven performer and change agent with a proven record
Senior Project Manager
- Position responsible for all aspects of the: concept, design, budget, sales, procurement, construction, startup, training, commissioning, and proven performance of small and the world’s largest White and Black Pellet facilities.
- Position also responsible for: staffing, safety, environmental, compliance, quality, estimating, purchasing, schedule, contractors, and negotiations of vendor and client contracts.
Confidential, Northampton, North Carolina
Senior Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager for the 550,000 metric ton per year Northampton green field commercial pellet mill.
- Led design team and managed the project on site as the General Contractor during the 11 month construction and start up schedule.
- Managed all facets of this $115,000,000 project including: staffing, safety, environmental, compliance, quality, estimating, budget, schedule, contractors, design, purchasing, contracts, construction, commissioning, and start up.
- Set several industry records with this project including the best safety record on a wood products Greenfield project .
Confidential, Alpena, Michigan
President and Consultant
- Management Change Agent. Management of large capital and industrialization projects in energy, and all engineering disciplines:, Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing, Converting maintenance departments to world class, environmental permits and negotiations, purchasing, OSHA compliance, emissions control, complete mill automation with IT and PLC specification, P&ID development, Instrumentation design, and complete control system functionality, commissioning, training, and start up.
Confidential, LaPorte, Indiana
- Designed and managed more than 60 projects valued at $22+ million. Brought total of all projects in 4.7% under budget and completed on or under allotted time. Savings equated to more than $2 million gained through effective project management and negotiations with vendors and contractors.
- Implemented a Lean Six Sigma program into all facets of operations.
- Designed and installed complete plant wide real time computer graphic control system to control all aspects of the production of wind energy turbine hubs. Wrote IT, PLC, and instrumentation specifications for Functionality, performance, and operations as new corporate standard.
- Facilitated design team with local utility company to design and install a new 34 Confidential Smart Grid feed system to facilitate mill expansion and operate two 25 ton electric furnaces simultaneously. System included: advanced metering, distribution automation, wired and wireless grid control communication, real time monitoring software and auto control for PF, harmonics, and voltage stability.
- Negotiated supply contracts with performance deliverables and 5 yr. warrantees.
- Energy, Environmental and OSHA Compliance, procurement, maintenance, quality control, safety, and company policy teams.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, Michigan
Manager of Engineering, Sales, and Marketing
- Pioneered the development of a Lean Six Sigma production system for high volume and profit electrical panel assemblies.
- Negotiated parts pricing with major electrical suppliers reducing costs by more than $2 million annually. Wrote IT, PLC, P&ID, and instrumentation specification for company and customers.
- Increased sales 300% in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula and drove increase in company profits 30+%.
- Primary account manager for Ford, Chrysler, and Honda and all international accounts for parts, engineered products, major energy, and utility projects, and test equipment.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Senior Corporate Manager
- Led powerhouse operations including three boilers and a 7MW co-generation system.
- Reduced powerhouse costs by $500K in the first year of management. Completely rebuilt turbine and generator for a 20-year life cycle. Upgraded grid power and control systems with: Smart Grid, advanced metering, distribution automation, wired and wireless grid control communication, real time monitoring software and auto control for PF, harmonics, and voltage stability, and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD). Increasing uptime 27% and improved production line speed time from 200% to 600%.
- Wrote and negotiated corporate IT, PLC, P&ID, and instrumentation specification standards and contracts.
- Facilitated negotiations with the state and federal agencies to bring the mill into electrical compliance and environmental compliance of air, water and solid waste.
- Assisted Englehart in designing first Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer (RCO) in the wood products industry. Designed and installed innovative prefilter for the RCO; both became the EPA industry standard. Designed and installed the first biofilters in the wood products industry which are operating today. Designed and managed all company wide Biomass and Biofilter systems.
- Recipient of seven Louisiana Pacific Project Innovation awards.
- Managed the contracts and procurement of all utilities to be the least cost user of comparable size companies in Michigan. Negotiated all supply contracts of capital equipment with 5 year warrantees.
Confidential, Grayling, Michigan
- Managed engineering consulting business to include design engineering.
- Managed annual budget, P&L and one-, three- and five-year business plans.
- Negotiated with state and federal agencies on environmental and compliance projects.
- Led management of daily operations to include leadership over ten salaried employees.
- Increased annual business by 500% and EBIT by $300K.
- Designed multiple Biomass, Biofilter, RCO, and other emission control projects for companies in several industries. Wrote and negotiated IT, PLC, and instrumentation specification standards and contracts.
- Evaluated energy usage of industrial businesses and proposed savings. Wrote savings contracts.