Senior IT professional with more than 25 years of diverse federal and private sector management experience. Experience providing project management and oversight with more than $10 million dollars in revenue and oversight and guidance to a multi - disciplinary department of over 90 employees and 150 contractors. Valued employers for ability to streamline tasks, complete projects on time, meet budget constraints, ensure technology reliability, and satisfy project requirements and contract compliance.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- IT contract management
- Large-scale program & account management
- Problem solving & task prioritization
- Progress report preparation
- Resource acquisition and allocation
- System life cycle development
- Business process analysis
- Technology evaluation
- Information systems and Association Management Systems
- Requirements Management
- Records management support services
- GL Cost benefit analysis
- Strategic plan development
- IT program management of technology vendors
- Consensus building among stakeholders
- Proven team leadership & change management skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
Solid technical skills in the areas of management processes, ITIL, Quality Assurance, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, PeopleSoft, QuickBooks, EZ labor, ADP PayExpert, Peachtree, Quark Xpress, PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Captivate, Visio, SQA Manager, Visio Professional, WinRunner, Test Director 7, Visual Basic, SharePoint, netFORUM, IMIS Database, JIRA, Infusion Soft, Oracle, UNIX, ERP systems, and DHS systems
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Manage all task assignments delegated from the federal COR and PM for the Enterprise Data and Analytics Modernization Initiative (EDAMI) Program.
- Manage all aspects relating to setting up the PMO for the EDAMI program
- Managed contractor task delivery for the Data Management, FEMA Data Exchange (FEMADex) acquisition processes and the sustainment and future disposition of FEMA’s current Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) legacy system.
- Manage client technology and PMO deliverables using Microsoft Project
- Ensured all documentation adhered to DHS standards
- Ensured all information was uploaded to FEMA SharePoint for version control
- Created presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio
- Managed project contract costs
- Submitted weekly and monthly project reports to federal COR
- Managed time and attendance of contracted personnel, to include approval of expenses and PTO
- Led weekly PMO meetings with federal team and contractors
- Write portions of proposals submitted to various government agencies for future contracts
- Strong leadership to manage client expectations, ensuring deliverables within budget
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
- Manage more than 20 AMS technology projects within the association industry.
- Make technical presentations to provide business system analysis and business requirements
- Update JIRA and track reported issues and reported time for each project.
- Manage client technology deliverables using Microsoft WORD, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Monitor LMS system and training content effectiveness.
- Created learning content and testing to support major training and assessment initiatives, and set up report results into the LMS, as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing funds allocated for all technology projects.
- Liaison between client and developers to affirm client reported technical issues and ensured desirable resolution and outcomes.
- Ensure project delivery within budget and communicate project scope creep for future versions.
Confidential, Largo, MD
- Provided training for internal staff members on new technology automated acquisition process.
- Management and forecast for seven cost centers totaling $15 million dollars.
- Managed funds allocated for all technology projects through general ledger for the entire institution.
- Assisted with audit requests, ran GL reports, and prepared monthly technology acquisitions fiscal reports for seven general ledger cost centers and one external cost center.
- Effectively enhanced and maintained technology contractual client relationships ensuring quality vendor services and prompt approval for vendor invoice payments.
- Managed the technology acquisition process for all technology hardware, software and consulting service purchases with the procurement director and finance and administrative officials.
- Maintained current statistical and demographic information related to student and higher academic data for use in contract grant proposals and statement of work documents.
- Led the annual technology contract review process, which resulted in a two percent cost reduction of consulting services, equating to more than 150 annual contracts totaling three million.
- Approved vendor quotes for the acquisition of all technology hardware, software and consulting services, ensuring compliance with county and state contract procurement regulations.
- Reviewed and approved technology RFP's and SOW’s submitted for approval to the Vice President of Technology Services prior to moving forward to the procurement department.
- Prepared all telecommunications orders with cable companies for internet-bandwidth/cable services.
- Prepared monthly statistical reports to ensure grant compliance.
- Developed curriculum for soft-skills training and communication
- Developed all curriculum materials and the internal process required for acceptance into the green construction-training program, a community-based workforce development grant funded program.
- Developed and managed internal and external business relationship to ensure daily program success, i.e. technology equipment, job placement, housing, etc.
- Developed strong business relationships with local businesses and prospective employers to secure employment for participants of the program upon completion.
- Held one-on-one weekly meetings with participants to assist in the development of a Career Development Plan and to assist with employment eligibility.
- Facilitated soft-skills training for job readiness on "effective communication, ‘self-esteem building’, ‘resume writing and interviewing skills’
- Engaged participants in cognitive and critical thinking skills development to improve decision-making.
- Provided information for external resource information to assist with personal challenges related to driving license suspension and obtaining a General Education Diploma (GED).
- Facilitated participant interviews and drug screenings for acceptance into the training program.
Confidential, Suitland, MD
- Maintained statistical and demographic data related to grant compliance, ensuring proper allocation of grant funds for use within the program.
- Developed Life-skills training curriculum and implemented facilitated training for the program.
- Interviewed and processed all incoming applications for participants into the program.
- Facilitated weekly training workshops for participants.
- Developed and maintained external relationships with community organizations and resource agencies.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Managed the daily financial and administrative operations for a $3 million non-profit organization.
- Prepared monthly financial reporting, bank reconciliations and general ledger cost accounting.
- Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, health benefits and 4 03(b) payments.
- Prepared and managed monthly and annual financial reports demonstrating budgetary outcomes and ensured annual audits were passed without written occurrence.
- Managed all contractual relationship with external business constituents for professional development training for school educators and administrators.
- Provided budget forecast and financial analysis for all fiduciary gifts and donations to the organization.
- Planned and managed the annual Character Education Conference attracting more than two thousand educators and administrators from across the country and developed conference training curriculum for the principles of ‘Character’.
Confidential New York City, NY
Executive Business Manager
- Managed financial operations for a $4-million fiscal budget to include accounts payable, accounts receivable and the procurement process.
- Effective supervision of 11 direct report personnel.
- Managed and approved vendor contracts and prepared SOA’s for potential vendor solicitation.
- Managed and prepared grant applications through direct interaction with Regional Operations Center Director, School Administrators and the District Superintendent on matters relating to personnel, school business, finance, contracts and the management of the Middle and High School facility.
- Developed and managed relationships with city political officials.
- Led ‘Career Day’ planning with guest speakers such as General Colon Powell and Spike Lee.
- Created instructional content for professional development and staff training.
- Developed strategic alliances with community and corporate businesses to secure sponsorships.
Confidential, Tarrytown, NY
- Managed office financial and administrative operations to include grant funds from the state of NY.
- Managed information content for the cable channel for the Village of Tarrytown.
- Improved and managed process for approval of town permits for property upgrades, renovations, marriage licenses and birth certificates.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior Business Analyst
- Promoted to Senior Business Analyst in the first year due to successful implementation of the initial release of HomeAdvisor web-based underwriting loan application.
- Wrote business and technical requirements, project plans, test plans and the creation of test data for all releases for the ERP - Loan Prospector Turnkey system.
- Managed data files for ‘Credit Policy’ guidelines and supported issue tracking/resolution, User Acceptance Testing and system testing.
- Responsible for business reports and data analysis for business impacts to ERP system.
- Responsible for reports assessing cost impacts to resources, time constraints and needed technology.
- Interfaced with internal department heads to ensure interfacing systems meet business requirement specifications to properly process, parse and store data.
- Created and presented flow charts displaying data transfer between internal interfacing systems.
- Met with developers to convey business requirements and screen design of new web-based automated underwriting system interfacing with a third-party mortgage vendor.
Jr. Computer Programmer
- Modified software business code written in C and 4GL language on a UNIX platform for the National Unemployment Insurance Office.
- Developed software test plans and modified business system requirements.
- Spearheaded software testing to ensure test data for all system testing met business requirements.
- Managed ERP system issue tracking and ensured timely resolution.
Assistant Micro Systems Analyst
- Modified software business code written in C and C++ for the Occupational Safety and Hazard Administration (OSHA) office.
- Provided technical support for OSHA offices nationwide for the Discrimination Application System.
- Developed and implemented a program for the Discrimination Application System to access helpful functions via the F1 key.
- Developed and implemented a program to download data from other OSHA offices using a Kermit utility.
- Modified code written in C and C++ to access specific fields on the Discrimination Application, accessing the Oracle database.
- Assessed system impacts and managed report documenting data discrepancies between interfacing systems.