- Technical professional with an advanced understanding of Telecommunications, IT, and Business operations.
- Proficient in the design, implementation, operation, and management of voice and data networks and software delivery.
- Excellent leadership, management, business, technical,, and communication skills.
- Senior Project / Program Manager experienced in Wireless, Telecommunications, Service Delivery, Microsoft Systems, Data Center, Network, Storage, and Unified Communications projects.
- C - level competence; effective communicator and negotiator who is results-driven.
Sr. SW Project Manager
- Provide Project / Program Management to the Service Delivery Department managing a portfolio of projects. Service Delivery is the operational team responsible for conducting the build, automate, deploy, and support of hosted SaaS solutions in multiple environments and data centers.
- Responsible for managing the project lifecycle across all process groups. Create project documentation, assign resources, monitor and track progress, provide daily / weekly / monthly reporting, manage projects utilizing iterative and adaptive project management techniques.
- Converted team to Agile process. Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity by 60% within the first year of Agile adoption. Facilitate release planning, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospective meetings. Remove team impediments daily to allow the team to achieve the sprint goals and deliverables. Collaborate with members of the Product, Business, and Technical teams to develop and maintain product backlogs.
- Utilize JIRA, Confluence, SmartSheet, and Service Now to document, manage, and monitor projects.
- Managed the automation of service deployments in the Confidential Private Cloud; included the system build, installation, & testing of automation applications (Chef, Artifactory, Vault, Rundeck, Salt, BitBucket,) and development & testing of automation scripts / policy files for production code. Successfully deployed cloud automation into production.
- Manage using a cross-functional teams: conducted a Data Center move; conduct code upgrades to production environments; build new environments to customer specification; provide operational support of production environment.
Sr. Project Manager
- As a contractor, working under Business Operations, conducted Program Management to the Unified Communications / IT Department.
- The 6-month contract was extended to 9 months.
- At the time the department had not had a Project Manager on staff for 3+ years.
- Provided Project / Program Management to the UC / IT Department managing a portfolio of 10+ projects.
- Many projects were underway and behind schedule due to no formal initiation and planning being conducted previously. Worked with UC Staff, Solutions Architect, and IT Director to re-scope projects, created project charters/plans/schedules, and conducted monitoring to bring projects on-track. Provided daily/weekly project status reports. Major projects included Cisco UC hardware assessment, converting TDM-based offices to SIP-VoIP, grooming Data Center TDM-based network to SIP-VoIP, and implementing new Dial Plan.
- Launched new projects that included an E911 VoIP solution for all Confidential offices in North America, Video Conferencing endpoint evaluation and upgrade, and integrating a Hosted Video Conferencing solution in North America.
- Created or supported the creation of End User material, conducted pre-deployment planning with on-site staff, conducted End User on SIP-VoIP phones/services and Video Conferencing solutions.
Sr. Project Manager
- Provided Project Management on a portfolio of client projects with projects varying in scope, cost, technology, and complexity
- Assisted in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Developed a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Measured project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Ensured resource availability and allocation
- Performed risk management to minimize project risks
- Created and maintained comprehensive project documentation
- Successfully managed the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Ensured that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Reported and escalated to management as needed
- Established and maintained relationships with third parties/vendors
- Supported the Microsoft technology practice; managed Active Directory build, clean-up, and consolidation (accounts, OU, AD groups) projects; Active Directory Federation Services, Exchange upgrades; Exchange physical to virtual migrations; Exchange to O365 migrations; migration of email accounts from POP / IMAP to Exchange / O365; and other supporting integrations.
- Provided business and technical leadership to a newly formed division, managed sales and operations staff in implementing and supporting services, defined product and service offering, managed account P&L, legal liaison for division legal activity, negotiated service and vendor contracts. Successfully implemented 15 new accounts in 9 months.
- Authored two patent-pending products related to the correctional industry; one from original concept. Products used existing technology in an innovative method thereby providing a unique competitive advantage.
- Designed and implemented a carrier-grade soft switch platform for inmate telephone services expanding service capability and stability while drastically reducing port and support costs. Platform based on an IP-based MPLS, DIA, and TDM-based network.
- Provided in-depth business and technical analysis of RFP’s and the corporate response. Created technical responses and whitepapers on company services and technology. Created a financial workbook for conducting a budget analysis for each RFP Response to ensure financial prudence in providing a rate and commission structure.
Director of Operations
Confidential, North Hollywood, CA
- Provided leadership to 60+ personnel in an organization operating as five distinct business units, each providing voice and data services to business and residential customers. The Operations Department consisted of Customer Service, Technical Service, Field Service, Provisioning, IT, and Financial Operations.
- Introduced organizational structure and management practices; created organizational and departmental objectives, managed teams to define job descriptions, roles and responsibilities, and day plans, and established cross-functional goal execution teams.
- Lead a cross-functional team to define the service delivery life cycle for all CLEC products. Results included a reduction in customer churn (<2%), reduction in service delivery time frame, reduction in repair / customer service tickets, increase in monthly installations, higher customer satisfaction, and 200% growth in CLEC gross revenue in a 5-month period.
- Implemented a performance management process to define and implement organizational Key Performance Indicators. Results have created an objective based dashboard articulating operational performance to goals.
- Lead cross-functional team to improve the OSS / BSS system performance through hardware, software, application, integration, and process improvements. Results included increased system up time, faster application response time, eliminated stranded orders, and automated manual processing.
- Implemented executive / manager meetings to create cross-functional communications channels. Results improved service delivery through organizational communications; created objective based corporate goals, and reduced finger pointing.
- Created a Financial Operations Department to oversee Telecommunications Expense Management and Revenue Assurance practices.
- Results lead to an increase in Customer Billing and Collections, Carrier Access Billing, Reciprocal Compensation, and CA Lifeline revenue, and a reduction in network and service-related expenses. Revenue collection exceeded 100% of Monthly Retail Revenue through modification of Customer Billing business rules and Collections practices.
Product Development Manager
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Responsible for the development and deployment of software, hardware, and network-based solutions for an Inmate Telephone Service Provider, Inter-Exchange Carrier, and Operator Service Provider based organization.
- Project Managed complex, large-scale, high visibility, development and integration projects utilizing PMI / ITIL standards.
- Created Functional Requirements documentation for technical and business processes for new products, back-office, and support platforms. Created policies, processes, methods, and standards. Wrote white-papers and provided RFP technical responses.
- Managed cross-functional teams to define and integrate services for inmate and end-user products, validation and billing, VoIP Contact Center, hosted solutions, and 3rd party integrations.
- Created department strategic plan and provide technical leadership in the defining and deployment of the Corporate Technology Roadmap.
- Provided vendor management; expanded corporate capabilities through the development of business and technical relationships, research, trade shows, and professional organizations.
- Provided Cost-Benefit / ROI analysis on new system and software applications in support of corporate growth opportunities and strategies.
- Defined, designed, and deployed complex applications, systems, and networks; conducted QC testing to ensure the implementation met the contract deliverable.
- Performed as Business Consultant with clients for product enhancement and new product creation in support of revenue creation, process improvement, and expense reduction. These products were aside from the telecommunications services, tailored to meet client internal business operations.
- Managed department responsible for the planning and implementation of client facility installations. Company grew from $40M to $80M during this timeframe adding 50 Enterprise accounts / 200 facility installations.
- Managed the design, procurement, and deployment of a server-based Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) application-providing inmate calling options. Integrated Enterprise voice and data services via LAN, WAN, and NNI network deployments through creation of a Data Center.
- Upgraded the distributed analog / digital network design into an Enterprise VoIP / data network utilizing Cisco's AS5400, AS5350, 28xx, 36xx and 76xx hardware and a transport network utilizing MPLS. Upgraded network management system, and deployed a Cisco IP Contact Center (IPCC), later upgraded to UCCX.
- Managed a staff of Project Managers and Project Coordinators utilizing PMI methodology and ITIL infrastructure standards.
- Responsible for defining staff and department goals, department budget, and staff development. Created policies, procedures, and standards for department performance.
- Deployed Microsoft SharePoint portal as a reporting tool for project statuses, KPI dashboard, and cross-functional department collaboration.
Manager of Engineering & Operations
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Managed Customer Service, Technical Support, and Channel Agents for pre/post-sale customer support.
- Developed Business Cases in support of customer opportunities. Performed Sales Engineering consultation in support of sales operations.
- Provided design, implementation and operation of a Cisco based VoIP/TDM network providing wholesale and retail Local/Long Distance, Prepaid Calling Card, and Unified Messaging services.
- Provided technical writing for manuals, forms, sales collateral, and proposals in support of company services.
- Managed company service agreements, regulatory compliance, billing and accounting functions.
Western Region Sales Engineering Manager
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Managed the Western Region Sales Engineering staff responsible for consultation on voice and data applications.
- Developed Business Cases in support of customer opportunities requiring large capital expenditures for installation.
- Consulted with Network Engineering and Product Management in the deployment of new products and services.
- Provided Technical to new hire and sales / sales support staff in support of new and existing products.
- Provided direct sales engineering support to existing and prospective customer opportunities.
- Created Engineering Summaries and Visio diagrams detailing current and proposed LAN/WAN solutions.
- Provided consultation on the sale of Cisco LAN / WAN hardware solutions.
Sr. Sales Engineer
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked with Product Management in the deployment of Confidential products and services.
- Created sales collateral, and white papers in support of Sales.