- A seasoned professional with more than 21 years’ experience in delivering high - quality projects.
- Highly accomplished in leading teams with a focus on complete customer satisfaction.
- Leverages vast Project Management knowledge and environmental awareness to provide superior results.
- Delivers return on investment to business through innovation, dedication to the task and effective teamwork.
- Good domain knowledge obtained from various positions held in Retirement solutions, Insurance and Banking.
- Excellent knowledge in formulating and managing Project Estimation, Quality Management, Client Interactions, IT solutions development and management.
- Have excellent knowledge in Project Management using Waterfall, Agile, DevOps and Kanban methodologies.
- Offer a unique combination of creativity and analytical skill with the ability to assess both vantage points to create cost-effective solutions for internal and external clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Scope Management
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Cloud Transformation
- Vendor Management
- Resource Management
- Team Leadership
- Project Integration
- Micro services
- Log Management
- Planning & Budgeting
- Risk Management
- Build Management
- Configuration Management
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY:
Project Management: Conventional Waterfall/PMI, Agile/SCRUM, DevOps, Kaizen, Kanban, Lean
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Google Android
Languages: VBA, PL/SQL, .NET, GUI Scripting, JAVA, HTML, JAVA SCRIPT, ASP, COBOL
Database: Oracle, DB2, MS Access
Web Servers: Apache, WebSphere, TC Server
Tools And Utilities: Spring Framework, J2EE, Rest services, XML, JSON, AngularJS, WebSphere studio, Eclipse, Subversion, Jenkins, Nexus, Tableau & Cognos for reporting, FileNet, Documentum, MQ, Junit, Jasmine, QC, QTP, Selenium, Load Runner, UFT, Performance Center, KDA for mobility testing, TopTeam for requirements, Rational Robot, Rational RequisitePro, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Visual Studio/Crystal Reports, Visio, TOAD, SQL Developer, Revolve-2000, Hourglass, Xpediter, File-aid, Superce, Hiperstation, DATAAGER, TSO/ISPF, BINDMSTR, BMC, CICS, CLIST, CONTROL-M, CUSTOM TAPE, DUMPMSTR,ENDEVOR, SOA, Microservices
CLOUD Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure
Product DeLIVERY Head/avp.
- Develop and implement operational plans to achieve department objectives.
- Work with senior management in the planning, development, and execution of short and long range goals.
- Assist with development of department budget and manage expenses accordingly.
- Ensure staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Migrating our entire development environment to VDI to take our client data security to the next level. All our support activities are handled using cloud environment with industry standard security controls
- Lead the complete cloud transformation that includes development, test and production environments
- Lead a team in modernizing our SOA based monolithic application into Micro services architecture
- Ensure staff complies with HR and Information Security policies and procedures, and verify deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Involved in pre-sales demos, total start to finish of RFP process to implementation.
- Participate in the development of the department budget. Review expenses and ensure department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Develop and implement changes to department policies and procedures to meet changing business and client needs.
- Develop deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assist business in driving out multi-year technology plan.
- Work closely with management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans. Participate in the development of short and long term department goals.
- Responsible for delivering hardware and software releases relating to the area of system ownership for the business units.
- Assigns projects to staff. Communicate back to the business client’s project status and issues during the project life cycle. Resolve any resource or budget constraints to ensure the projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Make informed business decisions based on information provided, to the benefit of the organization and client alike.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Senior Project Manager
- Identify potential obstacles and proactively put measures in place to mitigate project risks.
- Manage project scope thus preventing scope creep, prioritizing tasks in line with client needs.
- Maintain project velocity in line with agreed deadline dates.
- Responsible for Environment planning process and delivered Environment specification and delivery plan.
- Responsible for provisioning environment in accordance with baseline requirements.
- Managed Environment client support team to provide support to clients throughout lifecycle to include Availability and problem management for supported environments.
- Responsible for end-to-end project delivery, including human resource, risk and cost management.
- Expertly leads team in a pressurized environment, providing an example for others to follow.
- Provide input into team member performance management.
- Provide expert level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manage large and complex projects and multiple concurrent medium/small projects.
- Use IT project management standards to deliver large scale programs on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality.
- Develop, implement, and monitor technical project plans for concurrent projects. Identify deliverables, milestones, and tasks.
- Interview team members for estimates. Update schedule in IT Project database. Create plan and integrate schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
- Communicate with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood.
- Monitor project progress, and distribute reports to management and clients. Review project status, metrics, and department initiatives at meetings with management, clients and project peers.
- Develop strong relationships with client management and vendors. Meet client management to negotiate resources, budget, and deliverables. Help clients write their deliverables and coordinate team members helping to write client deliverables.
- Work with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Maintain appropriate staff to contractor ratios. Ensure team submits time sheets and status reports. Monitor completion of each person's deliverables (e.g., business system analyst, functional requirements).
- Mentor and develop project managers at lower grade levels.
- Maintain current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocate and ensure usage of new standards by team members.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and related business issues - including externally mandated compliance risk. Communicate and resolve staff and technical performance problems quickly and constructively. Effectively communicate and manage project dependencies. Identify potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Review complex technical issues with technical lead.
- Provide guidance,, and motivation to develop staff. Provide performance review process and feedback.
- Work with the business clients to determine scope then develop environmental requirements for each project.
- Provided accurate estimates for test team activities and test execution schedule.
- Reviewed the test, validation and pilot results, ensuring they meet entry and exit criteria.
- Followed test management best practice and worked with release control to deliver quality IT systems in line with agreed estimates.
- Managed and reported on testing progress.
- Professionally managed test resources by balancing capacity with demand, maximizing resource utilization.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and produced test closure reports.
- Engaged with internal clients, team members, management and IT business partners to ensure requirements and priorities are clearly understood by all stakeholders.
- Reviewed project documentation and provided input into creation of System Test Plan.
- Organized test resources, ensuring effective usage of manpower.
- Expertly led development of test cases, data and execution of test cases.
- Gathered requirements and developed test plan.
- Validated environmental readiness prior to execution of test case.
- Used knowledge of relevant systems to archive system test deliverables.
- Assigned defects to testers for retest and supported testers in evaluation of results.
- Contributed to the performance test readiness review and provided system test data as input to performance testing.
- Reviewed functional defects found during performance testing and final performance test results.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Programmer Analyst/System Tester
- Responsible for coding, unit testing of Batch and CICS Online Program’s, System testing and System to System testing, prepared the test cases for the application programs.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Responsible for coding the batch programs and creating reports as per specifications.
- Involved in Unit testing, System testing, Integration Testing and debugging the programs.