Software Development Manager valued for leading and inspiring cross - functional software development teams in solving complex business problems. Invested in the success of the product, the team, and the team members. Expert in high volume and scalable subscription and payment processing systems.
- Scalability and Reliability
- REST API Design
- Partner Integration
- Design Diagrams and Documentation
- POC Development
- Data Modeling
- PCI and Security
- Problem Solving
- Shared Vision and Goals
- Focus on Camaraderie and Execution
- Career Development
- Mentorship | Coaching
- Estimation, Prioritization, and Project Planning
- SQL (Oracle, MySQL)
- Unix | Linux
- Oracle Commerce
- Payment Integration
- Jira | Confluence | Bitbucket
- Product Roadmap Management
- Business Analysis
- User Stories
- Full SDLC Responsibility
- Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Team Oriented
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Manager / Product Owner of Payments / Architect
- Created the product roadmap, designed features, participated as a product owner, architect, and developer.
- Used Python 3.5 and Oracle RDBMS, running on Centos.
- Implemented REST API using Flask, OpenAPI.
- Created Iframe in Flask for PCI Compliance
- Implemented transaction reconciliation in Java for Oracle Commerce / ATG.
- Designed and led the addition of payment recycling, dunning, account updater, pre-authorization, financial reconciliation, and chargeback processing to the system.
- Continued to support legacy back-end providing $45 million/year in subscription and payment processing.
Manager, Application Performance Management
- Volunteered to lead a team to determine root causes, plan and assign necessary remediation.
- Revised the APM process to prevent future performance issues, maintained capability of 7,500 e-cards per minute, an increase of more than 50%.
- Resolved all problems before the next peak, with no performance failures since implementing changes.
- Applied process to new sites successfully.
Manager, Print on Demand Development
- Collaborated with plant managers and plant engineering experts to determine requirements.
- Estimated project, defined the team needs, recruited contractors to fill needed positions, and participated as an architect and product owner.
- Executed on-time and on-budget, exceeding required throughput and reliability.
- Implemented with web technology using Java / Spring / Hibernate, Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, and Centos.
- Shifted 52% of capacity from third-party printers in time for the 2012 Christmas peak, saving $1.1 million in COGS.
- Printed over 3.5 million cards in the first peak season, over 263,000 cards on the highest volume day, at a 99.5% order accuracy rate.
- Enhanced the system in 2013 to shift 50% of the remaining third-party capacity for the 2013 Christmas peak.
- Led implementation of physical card print-to-store.
- Partnered with Target and Kodak to print online customized greeting cards on Kodak equipment in Target stores, and directed front-end and back-end teams.
- System was capable of handling up to 125,000 cards/day.
Manager, Payments and E-commerce Services
- Coordinated back-end conversion of Photoworks.com to work on existing AG Interactive infrastructure.
- Led the data conversion effort in collaboration with off-site developers, front-end team, DBA and web operations teams.
- Enhanced the legacy back-end to support significant differences in Photoworks data, including a different Confidential implementation, hierarchical order data, pre-purchased print credits, and store credit.
- Led the implementation of payment tokenization via Chase Paymentech Orbital Gateway Profiles, resulting in significant risk reduction.
- Designed and led the back-end implementation of Confidential Gift Card sales using Confidential Payments and the Confidential Gift Card API.
- Led the data conversion of the recently acquired egreetings.com into the existing americangreetings.com data model.
- Participated in the design, implementation, maintenance and eventually product ownership of the primary back-end for supporting the recently acquired Bluemountain.com e-card site.
- Proprietary XML-based API for customer data, subscription and e-commerce order management, and payment processing.
- Written in Python 2 on Centos using Oracle database.
- Led enhancement of back-end for numerous projects, including free trials, multiple subscription products, support for 17 currencies, fraud velocity checks, payment recycling, dunning, price testing, renewal price testing, SMS billing and IVR billing.
- Revised the payment recycling algorithm to add an additional $250,000 in revenue, annually.
- Designed and implemented a redirect-based payment gateway for wrapping third-party payment web services, used for Confidential and Confidential payment integrations, among others.
Confidential, Richfield, OH
Project Manager / Project Lead / Software Engineer
- Worked on the Confidential & Confidential Information Management System, a cross-platform client / server application for automobile dealerships used for storage and retrieval of text and image data.
- Designed and implemented the underlying database, data access API, and search engine.