- Extensive experience in managing enterprise IT project life cycle through all phases.
- In - depth knowledge and experience in people resource management, cost management, time management, risk management, and integration management.
- Experienced in IT project budget analysis, outsourcing strategies, and vendor management.
- Experience in project oversight and independent validation & verification.
- Strong technical background in business applications analysis & development, systems architecture, database design, and development of operating infrastructure.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality IT products and services on schedule and under budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communications, client relations, and negotiation
- Expert Business Analysis & Systems Technical analysis skill
Mainframe: DB2, SQL, COBOL2, CICS, QMF, TSO/ISPF, MVS/ESA, OS/JCL, FILEAID, EXPEDITER, BMC A/R Control, INTERTEST, BMC DB2 Utility, PLATINUM Log Analyzer, DB2 INSIGHT, DB2 ProEdit, STROBE for DB2, TMON, OMEGAMON, DATACOM/DB, ENDEVOR for Source Management.
Client Server: Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle 7.3, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Discoverer, Source Safe, Neon Shadow Direct, ODBC, UNIX, Microsoft FrontPage 2000, Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, Business Intelligence Tools - COGNOS Impromptu and Power Play, Hummingbird BI (GQL and PaBlo), MS Access, MQ Series, ACT Professional, SQL Server Database, Lotus Notes
Software: Project Management/PC software, Capability Maturity Model/Software Process Improvement, Lotus notes, Windows7, Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Office, MS Project, MS VISIO, MS Outlook, WEB Browsers, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Norton Antivirus Control, HP Quality Center (Test Director), MS SharePoint, Clarity7
Sr Technical Project Manager/ Program Manager/Senior Business Analyst
- Develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Statement of work (SOW)
- Facilitate UAT, Quality Assurance and Production Verification Testing of the final product roll out
- Work with various functional partners to gain efficiency through process improvement initiatives
- Act as the business Subject Matter Expert to project team members
- Manage design, development, testing and implementation of all major software system development and integration projects on both mainframe & distributed system platforms.
- Performed project oversight for independent review and analysis of a agency wide IT systems integration project. Applied project management knowledge and expertise to gauge system performance and assess risk. Provided stakeholders with project status and outlook for success, and recommend project improvements
- Project lead for a client/server application developed with Visual Basic and Oracle database. Participated in project and planning, budgeting, and requirement analysis. Documented functional and technical specifications. Worked with database team in database design and data modeling
- Managed cost budget to allocate overall cost estimate to individual tasks
- Produced project status reports, managed the team and resolved day-to-day issues with emphasis on SDLC
- Provide project Leadership to ten employees for Web site production, including budget control, production timetable, status reporting, client /project team coordination, and quality assurance
- Introduced development and application of client needs assessment and product specification to define and manage previously neglected expectations - resulting late project delivery
- Define & achieve client needs through one-on-one sessions, conducting JAD and on-going communications.
- Envisioned and presented employee idea technologies concept to senior Management to enhance staff development, team spirit and billable hours.
Sr Project Manager, Software Development/Technical/ Senior Business Analyst
- Managed over 40 Extra-large (over 1 year) to Medium (about 6 months) sized IT projects
- Managed a 3 year projects supporting development Mortgage Real Estate Loan & Credit Insurance processing systems. Played a role of IT Project Manager and Sr Business Analyst to deliver project charter, BRD, Business Impact analysis, Risk Analysis & Mitigation plan and business testing plan.
- Managed a 2 year project to build an Insurance Claims Automated processing system on a Distributed systems platform.
- Participated in one and half year program requiring building of Web based system infrastructure to support a newly purchased Insurance enrolment & servicing system. Played a role of business/systems analyst as well as project manager for key business functions.
- Managed a multi-phase project to automate printing of customer checks as well as handling of all financial data recording and reconciliation through PeopleSoft GL system & Confidential Bank entities.
- Managed development of AD&D Insurance business processing infrastructure supporting all phases of business processing, namely, account opening and management, account billing, account statement and claim processing.
- Managed development of Agency Management system utilizing third party software. This required me to play a role of Business analysts to conduct business & systems gap analysis followed by develop plans for systems integration, vendor management and offshore resource planning.
- Manage a project requiring development of automated account offer decisioning process for Confidential Canada Wealth Management clients.
- Managed a project supporting enrolment & management of Debt Cancellation products for clients with Credit Cards.
Manager, Software Development/Technical Support
- Manage design, development, testing and implementation of multiple application systems supporting Asset/Wealth Management business processes.
- Manage a team of DBA’s (DB2, Oracle) and Systems & Programming Analysts, including annual Objective setting and Performance Reviews.
- Conduct JAD sessions with the business analysts and support teams to optimize and shorten cycle time.
- Utilize SPI/CMM Project Management Methodology to manage development projects for the Full Project Life Cycle, including documentation and the Change Management.
- Develop Project and Resource plans and annual operating budgets of approximately $2 million using MS Project.
Software Development Manager
- Managed a team of technical staffs (Oracle Database administrators and C/C++ programmer analysts) to provide application database and development infrastructure support for new systems developments of Wealth Management/Financial Planning system
- Managed analysis, design and development of a Statement Correction System on a Distributed Platform utilizing VB6 and Oracle DB on the Client server platform and COBOL, VSAM and DB2 on the mainframe, resulting in 25% improved efficiency, better customer service and a 50% reduction in data entry personnel.
- Improved and supported Client Relationship Management system to eliminate 1-year backlog of customer inquiries/complaints within 6 months.
- Managed production support and maintenance of a DB2/COBOL based Statement System
- Managed Full Project Life Cycle of a new Reporting system using ORACLE Reports tool for Financial Planning system on UNIX operating system. This helped the business group provide better customer service support.
- Managed project to develop over 150 user-defined reports for the Reporting/Business Analysis System utilizing Cognos Impromptu and Power Play resulting in 50% improvement in throughput.
- Managed 10 Sr. Level programmer analysts to design and develop a new Mainframe DB2/COBOL based financial reporting system containing over 250 medium to complex COBOL reports and 100 JCLs/PROCs for the managers of the Margin department
- Managed a team of technical systems support & Programmer Analysts to set up and maintain Operating Environment for software testing and DB2 database & application performance tuning in a large scale IBM MVS/ESA environment.
- Managed and provided technical support to the software development team of over 100 programmer analysts in the area of CICS, DB2, COBOL, MVS, DASD Management, Systems testing and PC/LAN environment.
- Conducted Application Software & Database Performance tracking and tuning, CPU Usage Analysis, DASD & Tape requirement analysis for one of the largest systems ever developed in the history of Confidential with about 500 DB2 tables, 40,000 data elements, 4,000 Batch and On-line processes.
- Participated in system Capacity Planning analysis to determine overall MIPS requirement to support migration of the new Asset/Wealth management system.
- Developed methodology to migrate from older legacy system to a new asset management account system. Operated systems in parallel during testing phase.
- Business/Technical Analysis and design of Model Office to manage phased rollout of new Asset/Wealth Management business systems.
Senior Database Administrator
- Led design and development effort to coordinate database requirements for the transition to DB2/SQL.
- Met with Business managers and technical developers to review business and systems design requirements and planned database activity and strategy for implementation of DB2 for both physical and logical designs.