- IT and Business Project Manager, Program Manager, and Analyst with extensive experience in managing and gathering requirements for application development, enhancements, data centers (migrations, set ups, refreshes, and upgrades of core systems, infrastructure, and telecommunications), production support, mergers and acquisitions, and migration of existing applications to new platforms.
- Career experience is in large, structured financial services, government, and healthcare environments crossing firm - wide business units with strong adherence to PMBOK and SDLC methodologies.
- Business area expertise in operations, audits, risk controls, SOX, development of process flows, artifact development and retention, while maintaining adherence to applicable policies and procedures.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects with teams comprised of employees, contract, virtual, and offshore team members.
- Technical environments include mainframe, web-based, vendor hosted, and cloud-based as well as telecommunications.
- Background includes serving as Scrum Master, working with product owners to identify sprints; managed Sprints, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives, developed artifacts including Product and Sprint Backlogs. Trained in Scrum by one of the cofounders of the methodology, Ken Schwaber.
- Background in both IT and Operations delivers added value comprised of process reengineering, analysis, project, program, and departmental management.
- Financial services experience encompasses consumer lending, mortgage servicing, commercial, construction, and real estate lending, deposits, wholesale banking, treasury management, treasury services, brokerage (trade origination, processing, and clearance), credit cards, debit cards, ATM networks, collections, and recoveries.
- Specific experience and skill sets for this position include 15 years of experience in large software development, infrastructure, and telecommunication projects in large, structured firms, including positions as a Project and Program Manager, and BA on both operational and IT projects.
- I have managed 7 large data center migrations and contingency site setups that included telecomm and infrastructure requirements.
- I have experience with Blue Planet, Metaswitch, and Red Hat. I have also managed 4 mobile device projects.
- I have a solid understanding of SDLCs, including Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum. I am adept to working under pressure with demanding deliverables and have often been selected to take over failing projects and bring them to a successful delivery.
- I have a history of successfully delivering large projects to multiple units across the firm.
- I create and nurture positive rapports with all levels of associates with a stake in the project. Those relationships are solidified by maintaining a clear, concise, transparent, and timely method of communication to the right audience in the appropriate delivery method.
- Have a strong work ethic and reputation for resolving crisis management situations, ‘getting things done’ and ‘making things happen’.
- Positive attitude, flexible, with excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization. Strong leadership skills and ability to build strong working relationships to ensure success in all areas of the organization, including matrix reporting environments.
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues, developing mitigation plans and escalating when necessary.
RELATIVE KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
- MS Project
- PM Workstation
- PMI for PMP
- JIRA Change Management and ITSM Packages
- LPS’ MSP Mortgaging Servicing Platform
- Loan Origination Software (Lending Space, Loan Servicing Soft, FICS, Fiserv and Proprietary Applications)
- Telecommunication Platforms (Blue Planet, Metaswitch, Red Hat)
- Loan Origination, Servicing, and Collection Systems
- Treasury Management Services
- BETA Brokerage System
- Hogan Systems
- Banking - Consumer and Commercial Lending, Deposits, Credit Card, ATM/Debit/POS
- M&I Integrated Loan System
- Hogan Systems
- PeopleSoft HR, Purchasing, Asset Management, and Inventory Applications
- Mergers and Acquisitions; Due Diligence Process
- Back Office Operations Management
- MS Office Suite; Visio
- Project Budgeting and Forecasting
- Waterfall Methodology
- Agile Methodology; Scrum Master (trained by co-author of Scrum Methodology, Ken Schwaber)
- Human Capital Development
- Programming concepts and methodologies including System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Capability Maturity Model
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Operational Excellence Principals, Model, and Methodology
- Operation Excellence (OPEX)
- Six Sigma, Lean Methodology
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Process redesign/reengineering
- Management practices and theories
- Leadership practices and theories
- Team building
- Systems analysis, design, and testing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Web-based and mainframe experience
- Corporate budgeting processes
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Senior IT Project and Program Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of the delivery of projects from requirements gathering to transition of production support
- Developed project plans, led team members in planning, analysis, testing, and delivery using standard project lifecycle methodology
- Managed scope, schedule, financials, risk, and quality of delivery, ensuring expected business value was achieved.
- Created and conducted formal presentation to all levels of management
- Established procedures in support of system and process changes
- Assessed project impact on workforce and recommended changes to appropriate management
- Developed programs and materials varying levels of impacted audiences
- Established relationships with IT, business units, and external vendors in matrix centric organizations to establish priorities of requirements, process improvements/reengineering, upgrades, and system modifications/enhancements (including HIPPA requirements) on Cerna Electronic Medical Records application (EMR), COLD archive and retrieval system, GE/IDX interfaces, Harvest Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), and other core systems
- Created, maintained, and monitored project plans (utilizing Waterfall, Agile, or combination of both) to ensure successful delivery of highly visible projects with budgets ranging from $250,000 - $2,000,000+
- Created project status reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), other related metrics, and presentations for mid-level and executive management
- Ensured IT and business area processes are aligned to applicable policies and procedures. Created and revised policies and procedures
- Ensured disaster recovery and backup plans are seamless to internal and external end-users providing all level 1 required processes and information are available
- Managed projects with budgets of $150,000 - $4,000,000 on core systems, infrastructure, and telecommunications
- Managed all aspects of project portfolios throughout the project lifecycle including scope, schedule, resources, quality, budget, and change control
- Developed and maintained project plans to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual delivery dates
- Prepared and presented project status reports and presentations to all levels of management on both IT and business units
- Managed medium to large scale projects developing, testing, and implementing new software applications, installation of new off the commercial off the shelf software packages (COTS), migration to new infrastructure platforms, and acquisitions of new business partners for multiple financial institutions
- Strict adhere to standard PMI project management methodology utilizing waterfall and agile to successfully meet client goals
- Developed and nurtures strong relationships with business partners and technical staff
- Documented existing process flows for business and IT processes identifying, documented, and implemented process improvements and modifications required to ensure compliances with applicable regulatory compliance
- Served as liaison with IT departments and vendors, assisting with requirements design documents, test planning, and roll-back plans
- Created and maintained project plans
- Maintained issue and risk logs; worked with impacted areas to develop new designs or changes in processes when required
- Identified and maintained gap logs, performing analysis to achieve either technical, procedural, or in some cases, changes to both areas to achieve mutual acceptance
- Served as Scrum Master; worked with product owners to identify Sprints; managed Sprints, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives; created Sprint Artifacts including the Product and Sprint Backlogs
- Managed development of material; delivering to end users when required to augment existing staff
- Successfully ensured the completion of all project requirements on time and within budget
- Prepared and delivered status reports and metrics to project managers, department managers, and senior/executive management
Confidential, Salt Lake City UT
Senior Technology Project Manager
- PM responsible for the Inter-Branch Book Transfers/Interoperability and FX/Branch Treasury Projects
- 60 day period in learning Confidential ’s project management methodology and tools.
- Once the project was ready to commence, I quickly pulled together a large project team (100+ members), developed contact list, project introduction deck, and conducted kick-off meeting. Initiated development of Project Management Quality Assurance artifacts, RACI matrix, identified impacted applications and interfaces from the business requirement documents to initiate Functional System Design artifacts. Developed initial project plan, issues list, statement of work, and memorandum of agreement, which were not utilized, as the project ceased before these artifacts were required.
- Had it not been for the budget cuts, I would have continued to be responsible for managing adherence to Confidential SDLC, including design, development, testing, integration, and deployment, with close post-implementation monitoring and support.
- This allowed the approved $6 million budget to be utilized for the implementation of other projects during the 2015 year, forcing the delay of my project to 2016. Other projects were already staffed; therefore, there was no need for an additional PM. (Documentation available for internal use only if required.)
Confidential, Chicago IL
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Digital Modernization Program
- Project Manager responsible for overseeing upgrades and enhancements to mobile device services platform.
- Developed project plans, lead team members in planning, analysis, testing, and delivery using standard project lifecycle methodology
- Managed scope, schedule, financials, risk, and quality of delivery, ensuring business value was achieved.
- Reason for Leaving: project budget and scope reduced due to financial constraints
Confidential, Plano TX
- Data Center Refresh
- Managed project which included the physical and organizational relocation of the enterprise infrastructure and telecommunications into a consolidated environment
- Responsible for planning the physical and organizational structure needed for the operation of the enterprise’s core functionality and telecomm requirements; managed the interconnected structural elements that provide framework and support of the consolidated structure
- Reviewed, selected, and managed installation of middleware components, telecomm software, and infrastructure upgrades
Confidential, Plano TX
IT Project Manager
- Managed Confidential integration activities for Deposits, Lending, and Credit Card Loss Mitigation Departments with adherence to Confidential PMO requirements, partnering with multiple departments and business units across the firm
- Responsible for developing project plan to identify accounts to be converted, perform data mapping, gap analysis, and SDLC phases
- Primary point of contact with third party vendors; i.e. Confidential, FDR, etc.
- In the absence of a dedicated resource, filled BA role to document processes within each organization, performed gap analysis, and resolved either technically or with acceptable changes to procedures in order to avoid delays and risks to the project
- In the absence of a permanent business owner, leveraged my operations management experience to perform comparative analysis between Confidential and Confidential processes and implemented risk mitigation strategies
- Performed current state analysis of Confidential reporting and identified required changes as well as multiple production issues
- Developed process for reconciling and validating data conversion from Confidential to Recovery Management System
- Managed transition of Confidential recovery agencies (vendors) to Confidential operational processes. In doing so, identified agency placement process utilizing FDR Predigy application in order to transition new agencies and define placement parameters.
- Developed playbook for future integrations
- Managed credit card private label conversions and implementations
Confidential, St Louis MO
Operations Technology Program Manager
- Key role in the largest securities acquisition (to date) of Confidential and Prudential.
- Conducted discovery sessions with Prudential subject matter experts to identify new products and servicing options; obtained, reviewed, and compared policies and procedures; documented process flows where necessary to identify inputs and outputs for downstream processing; performed gap analysis; maintained documentation of logs, change requests, and business cases; met with senior and executive management for decisioning.
- IT Project manager, and business analyst when needed due to lack of dedicated resources, supporting Trade Processing Operations during the Prudential Merger.
- Ensured department activities were appropriately aligned and prioritized with IT’s project plan, with adherence to SDLC, PMBOK, and IT best practices.
- Facilitated process flow analysis, requirements gathering, test planning, test execution, and post-implementation problem resolution.
- Developed project documentation for use by business and IT staff under Confidential best practices and policies.
Operation Technology Program Manager
- Managed teams of project managers and analysts for Trade Processing Operations
- Managed and provided oversight to multiple concurrent technical and operational initiatives.
- Responsible for communications to senior and executive management on highly visible, strategically critical, and multi-million dollar projects. Reports and presentations covered project status and resource management, while identifying impacts to current and pending projects, recommending solutions to remedy resource contention
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance within Trade Processing, including identification and implementation of appropriate controls, monitoring, testing, and enforcement
- Monitored vendor activities and progress to ensure alignment with Confidential 's expectations, priorities and deadlines, redirecting as necessary
- Responsible for implementing strategic goals by driving change and developing partnerships across multiple business lines
- Developed business cases and proposals to acquire staffing, technology, and other resources as required.
- Interfaced with IT departments on priorities and requirements to ensure successful delivery of technical projects
- Provided oversight within operations to ensure testing efforts were in adherence to SDLC methodologies.
- Implemented internal Management Control Program to ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements
- Facilitated process improvement and redesign sessions, followed by implementation of new design.
- Created maintainable process for resource management to allocate existing resources, project additional needs, and manage resource contention, including management of offshore resources
- Critical success factors included creation of relationships within IT and Operations departments across the organization, including executive management
- Provided leadership and skills enhancement to direct reports; i.e., project managers, project coordinators, and administrators
- Types of projects included development of new applications, enhancements, upgrades, telecomm, and infrastructure changes. Responsibilities included management of project managers and direct management of highly visible or highly sensitive projects. Responsibilities continued to include management and oversight of post-trade settlement operations when necessary.
- Key role in the creation of Program Management Office
- Served as operations representative on regulatory, audit, and industry committees
- Participated in AG Edwards merger activities
Senior Program and Project Manager
- Managed teams of project managers, analysts, engineers, DBAs, and architecture engineers for new application development, production support, enhancements, and process reengineering.
- Responsible for providing oversight and ensuring projects were appropriately prioritized, staffed, and aligned to achieve the business goals of the Financial Management Services division of the US Treasury Department. Applications supported included the Intra-governmental Payment and Collection System, the largest web-based application to date. Critical, highly visible system utilized globally by entities needing to exchange funds with the US Treasury Department.
- Direct contact for the Assistant Commissioner at the Treasury Department.
- Served as liaison between customers and technical resources for establishing priorities, initiating projects, and communicating the customer’s mission and goals. Coordinated activities of business and technical resources to accomplish customer goals and system requirements.
- Created, maintained, and cultured valuable relationships between customers and IT management.
- Coordinated projects and initiatives across all effected departments and with all levels of management at both the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department.
- Developed and maintained project plans. Reviewed project plans prepared and maintained by project managers.
- Identified, tracked, and reported performance metrics at both project and individual contributor levels.
- Collaborated with FRIT resources to manage data center refreshes. Directed and participated in testing/validation efforts, to include resolution of data issues.
- Worked directly with technical resources when necessary to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Prepared and presented project status reports to customers, middle management, senior and executive management.
- Chaired and served on steering groups.
- Focused on continually identifying and implementing technical and business process improvements.
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of operational and project budgets.
- Worked with each team member to develop a personal career plan that, to the extent possible, would both support the organization’s requirements and the employee’s personal goals.
- Identified needs and ensured the required skills were attained by the most appropriate team member(s).
- Successfully implemented the Agile Development and Scrum Methodologies
- Scrum Master - trained by Ken Schwaber, co-author of the Scrum methodology; worked with product owners to identify Sprints; managed Sprints, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives. Created Sprint Artifacts including the Product and Sprint Backlogs.
- Key participant in implementing the Capability Maturity Model processes, achieving Levels 1, 2, and 3 and in the creation of the Application Development Project Management Office
- Often assigned high-profile projects and projects that required corrective action, including PeopleSoft modules, Lotus Notes, Mainframe, and web-based applications
Confidential, Richmond, VA Charlotte, NC
Senior Project Manager; Business Technical Analyst
- Managed production support, enhancement, and application migration/upgrade teams, projects, and programs for consumer lending, mortgage servicing, credit/debit/ATM cards, deposit applications, and Treasury Management Group
- Projects and programs included data center migrations and setup of contingency centers - infrastructure, telecommunications, and core applications; managed and executed large scale system conversions resulting from acquisitions, release upgrades, and platform changes
- Served as subject matter expert and consultant to lines of businesses during re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for mortgage servicing, and consumer/commercial lending
- Served as liaison between users and programming staff to determine enhancement requirements and to identify production problems
- Responsible for conducting and managing the business analysis and requirements gathering processes
- Responsible for directing and overseeing unit, integrated, and acceptance testing processes. Partnered with users and programmers to develop test plans, scenarios, and scripts. Conducted testing status meetings, monitored progress, tracked bugs and issues to resolution, and provided status reports to users, middle management, senior management, and steering committees
- Led Year 2000 analysis efforts for core applications
- Concurrently managed conversions, deconversions, and due diligence exercises while ensuring performance of production applications
- Collaborated with operation departments to identify and document process flows to identify process improvements and reengineering, system enhancements, regulatory requirements, and conversion to/implementation of new applications
Operations Department Manager & Operations Analyst
- Managed back office support unit responsible for charge-off and recovery operations and consumer loan operations
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the general ledger chart of accounts and the settlement of 100+ general ledgers accounts with balances exceeding $1 billion
- Developed business process flowcharts, subsequently recommending and implementing changes to recognize efficiency, improve customer service, or reduce expenses
- Reevaluated business process flow and system processing to correct audit and regulatory issues
- Participated in due diligence efforts and subsequent conversion activities resulting from acquisitions
- Served as budget coordinator for multiple operational business units
- Coordinated projects and initiatives with vendor resources
- Developed user and business requirements for enhancements, new functionality, and conversions
- Coordinated, planned, and executed User Acceptance/Quality Assurance Testing. Developed test plans and scripts by partnering with the business area and technical staff
- Consulted business units on understanding system environment, available options, limitations, and impacts to current environment
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of day-to-day consumer lending, mortgage servicing, as we;; as credit card operational processes. During the time with Confidential Bank, performed analysis of major process flows and developed flow charts of each, in an effort to not only understand the process, but to streamline them where possible. Charts indicated interaction with all operational departments and external vendors.
- Understanding of Functional and Non-Functional Processes for deposits, credit and debit cards mortgages, consumer, and commercial lending