- Agility Coach offering Agile framework facilitation, team & individual coaching / mentorship to innovative organizations.
- Twenty years’ experience spanning Iterative Development, SDLC and Agile with emphasis on the transformation from command & control to the principles of self - organization .
- Extensive experience in coaching both co-located and globally distributed teams.
- Emphasis on the strength of communication and quality of leadership in motivating teams in the delivery of value- driven product.
- Agile Framework & Adaptation to Agile
- Mentoring and Coaching Teams & Individuals
- Global Team Leadership and Collaboration
- Technology Integration & Deployment Strategy
Tools: Atlassian (JIRA Agile, Confluence), ART/IM, CBR Express, SMS, Remedy, Clarity, TOAD, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Trello & VersionOne.
Frameworks & Standards: Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Iterative Development
Rapid Application Development: SDLC
Subject Matter Expertise: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Coaching, Collaboration Techniques, Facilitation, System Architecture, Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Knowledge Engineering, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), SaaS
Agile Coach, Scrum Master
Frameworks: Agile (ACP, CSM), Agile Capabilities Office, Web development, Agile Transformations, Technology Integration, SaaS, and Customer value-driven programs.
- Agile Coach and Scrum Maser for a Portal Social Media site Team serving Medical, Research, Educational and Administrative Communities. Working with multi-dimensional team in moving from Kanban to Scrum, shortening iteration length and in strengthening Ceremonies and tightening Releases.
- Training in User Story Development, Relative Sizing, Definition of Done supplementing one on one and team coaching as well as a series of innovative workshops in team development (spanning Muir chicken research, Gladdening the Heart meditation techniques, Reading the Mind in the Eyes, and exploring Social Capital) to excellent results.
- Agile Coach for adapting Agile to Global Information Systems (GIS), coaching multiple teams in Scrum & Kanban
- Training for Product Owners, Vision and Roadmap building, Estimating and Writing User Stories
- Recommendations on Kanban Pilot, integration of Shared Services and strengthening the PO role
- Agile Coach & Scrum Master for Workforce Management web and Mobile product delivery via globally distributed teams.
- Training in JIRA, Confluence, Agile Basics, Story Writing and Agile Estimation.
- Coaching the WW organization in the transformation to Agile and Scrum and Mentoring of Scrum roles
- Agile Coach & Scrum Master working with PMO for multiple co-located and distributed Agile teams in a SaaS regulated environment. Product development, Big Data, analytics and the movement of product backbone to the Cloud (AWS). Coaching multiple teams in successful practices for grooming, Agile planning, Scrums, Retrospectives and Reveals in a maturing Agile environment. Led up to 7 teams each comprised of 5 to 10 team members responsible for the analytic component of Confidential products delivered via Business Objects, Hadoop and custom software.
- Continuous Improvement activities included leading a corporate-wide Agile Survey detailing the progress of teams in embracing Agile, hosting Cloud training for Infrastructure Teams in concert with Amazon Web Services, publishing an internal blog on the state of Agile and mentoring Scrum Masters & Product Owners.
- Coached multiple teams in Scrum fundamentals, working closely with each team member through Scrum Ceremonies (Daily Stand Ups, Demos, Retrospectives, Planning Sessions) introducing Agile to Tax Research
- Trained team members and Product Owners in the art of writing User Stories.
- Mentored Product Owners in creating, expanding, prioritizing and grooming the Product Backlog.
- Led the design, master Release and delivery for the Open NYC | Transparency website introducing Agile; integrated six source systems to provide turn-key public access to NYC contracts, regulatory, lobbying, grant and campaign contribution activities.
- Spearheaded cross collaboration between the Team (Architects, Analysts, Programmers, DBA, ETL (Talend), Search (SOLR) & QA) and Product Owners (various NYC Agencies).
- Introduced Scrum practices to three teams (ETL, Search and Web Delivery).
- Worked with Confidential and the Product Owners (Mayor’s Office, Campaign Finance Board, City Council, MOCS (Contract Services) and Lobbyist Team) in the design and procurement of data for Open NYC
- Contributed to process development within the Confidential PMO
- Led the design / deployment of the supporting system for Local Law 34 (1977) which served as a central repository and key contributor for the Confidential to regulate campaign contributions
- For the Membership Rewards Marketing Team coordinated an international, cross-functional team through planning and delivery of the redesign and vendor selection process for the Membership Rewards site.
- Translated risks, ideas, and recommendations into scalable solutions for concurrent Membership Rewards initiatives.
- Led a multi-functional team in the deployment of tools providing insight into productivity and business growth for the Emerging Business, Investment Partnership, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance divisions.
- Managed a 3-site implementation of a Confidential -based Voice over IP (VoIP) system for a large international bank; steered the scope, issue resolution, budget, and integration of multi-media and telephony functionality.
- Architected an enterprise-wide centralized platform that delivered CRM capabilities, operations analytics and change management support of a portfolio of applications for UN Technologies.
- Saved $1 million in expenses; transformed the approach to managing customer technical support for Goldman’s website for private investors by restructuring internal resources.
- Audited performance for online trading, Investment Research, and Alternative Investments; efforts spurred a 99% system availability via razor-sharp management of content, application behavior, and data integrity.
- Directed the deployment of workable concepts and approaches leading to the successful design, launch, and management of a global CRM initiative for internal/external users of the Financial Workbench Web portal (including Fixed Income, Trading, Prime Brokerage and Investment Research sites).
- Managed teams in London, New York, and Tokyo.
- Supported a 5-tier product group and developed a site-strategy to achieve cutting-edge performance, efficiency, and cost optimization.
- Migrated company to a more stabilized environment, collaborating with developers and infrastructure groups to integrate VPN, network management, WAN, Market Data feeds, Network Security, DNS, and Routing. Integrated business continuity planning through push technology.
Practice Manager & Independent Consultant
- Deployed a 4 site virtual call center for a large pharmaceutical company; gathered requirements; executed technical design documentation, detailed process flows, and designed test strategy; led team of Client and four Outsourced groups of over 30 to deliver improved service and response times via integration of (CTI) computer telephony integration, “conception to implementation” of call tracking, call management and guided search via case-based reasoning.
- Centralized servicing of 4,000 independent agents; prepared/presented the vision and gained approval to launch an extranet application for broker servicing for an insurance company.
- Designed a consumer products company’s intranet site as a central repository for streamlining business processes, eliminating communication gaps and increasing service levels.
- Developed an in-house case-based reasoning solution for managing a suite of consumer products from a large vendor pool, achieved measurable gains in call center efficiency and service.
- Analyzed business case for the acquisition of a new product line, effectively translating it to the development of a Service Desk System for a leading tool manufacturer; solution enabled add-on sales via the addition of a new client base.
- Streamlined test strategy cycle time for a leading pharmaceutical company; established a shared resource study planning and administration strategy for use across concurrent initiatives.
Second Vice President
- Offered visionary leadership in the implementation of knowledge-based systems utilizing Iterative Methodology in support of operations and enterprise-wide iterative development initiatives, e.g., Intelligent Message Processing, Economic Database Smart Retrieval
- Devised an industry-first case-based reasoning system for routing letters of credit via the Trade Products message formatting system. Complimentary features included a relational message processing system for all inbound message traffic.