Work in Project Manager role for a software development project in any industry.
- Managing, mentoring, training and motivating small, medium and large teams (expert. 12+ yrs).
- Hiring, performance appraisal, promotions and rewards (expert. 4+yrs).
- Sizing and scheduling project work. Estimating resources and assigning work (expert. 8+yrs).
- Monitoring and controlling project. Managing project requirements. Risk analysis. (expert. 4+yrs)
- Handling projects in a variety of business domains (expert. 12+yrs).
- Communicating effectively with different stakeholders (expert). Reporting.(expert)
- Financial Management and report (intermediate). Customer handling from financial aspects (intermediate).
- Waterfall, Agile and Scrum Methodologies (expert).
- Handling issues involved in geographically split (on/off shore) development model (expert).
- Working in process based software development environment (expert).
- A PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), and Agile Expert. A professional with more than 15 years of IT industry experience working in management, development and combination roles. 7+ years of managing teams of different size, in different capacities.
- The largest project managed was as project Team Lead and had 22 direct reporting developers, team leads and additional 10 members assigned from QA, Database and CM departments. Managed the team from all aspects from hiring, training, performance appraisals and, raises and promotion recommendations. Managed the project from resource requirements, to manage the requirements and team, analyzing risk, communicating with client regarding project status and technical aspects of project, presenting status and generating other reports, managing schedule and assigning work and so forth. Have managed smaller teams on other projects as well.
- Have also managed a retail project while working for Talk Wireless. Managed their sales and marketing campaigns, developed procedures for customer service and management as well as inventory management.
- Even when working on non management designations, have assisted Project Managers and Functional Managers by performing and participating in several project management activities. Good experience with MS Project, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, Visio, MS Outlook and other emailing clients.
- Strengths in project management are building including hiring, training and managing teams, including performance appraisals, developing time estimates and schedules including use of MSProject, creating work packages and assigning resources, communication skills, leadership, multitasking, and risk management.
- Have extensive experience of full SDLC starting from gathering and analyzing requirements and in variety of business domains. Mostly worked in Agile like project development environment where participated in planning and management of multiple small releases to deliver final product. Majority of projects were using Java Technologies and were UI intensive. I excel in object oriented analysis and design (OOA&D) and have good expertise in Graphical User Interfaces (screens and web pages) designing as well.
- Have worked on software development project in variety of industries including manufacturing, telecommunication, wholesale, retail, financial and insurance.
- Have been recognized by my employers for being a self - learner, an initiative taker and mentoring others, and for contributions to help attain ISO-900I & TickIT certifications.
Software Development: Full Software Development Cycle (expert. 12+yrs), Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Developing Functional/System Specifications (expert. 12+), OOA&D Object Oriented Analysis and Design (expert. 12+yrs), UML Unified Modeling Language (expert. 12+yrs), GUI Designing (expert. 12+yrs)
Development Tools: IBM RAD 7.0, IBM Websphere server, Eclipse, Visual Café (intermediate+. 2+)
Analysis and Designing Tools: Rational Rose, JTogether, VISIO . (expert. 6months+)
Change Management Tools: Clear Case(expert. 4yrs), Intersolv PVCS (intrmdt. 1+yr), StarTeam (intrmdt. 6+ mns)
Databases: Oracle (intermediate), SQL (intermediate), MS Access(expert. 4+ yrs)
Software Packages: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project 7.0., MS Powerpoint. (expert. 15Yrs)
Operating Systems: Windows 7, VISTA, XP, 2000, 98, NT. (expert User. 15+ yrs)
- Online media website project, joined in initiation phase.
- Helped define business and technical requirements, estimated costs, resources, developed project plan.
- Currently project is in its initial development stage.
Social Media Expert
- Explored what and how different social networking medias can be used to promote a business.
- Setup a website and other social media accounts to promote my hobby of photography.
- All this work and volunteering for Confidential has helped me to keep up with latest trends with GUI/web sites designing and usability aspects.
- As well as have helped me polish my people, communication and management skills.
- Took project management classes, prepared for PMP and passed the exam in 2010.
- Started Project Management Professional Club to provide a platform for management professionals to socialize and share knowledge.
- Have been volunteering for Confidential in management capacities, have managed 8-20+ volunteers.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Software Engineer
- On one of the projects, supervised other team member and acted as subject matter expert for the team.
- On another trained and mentored other team members.
- Participated in activities related to sizing and assigning work to other team members.
- Actively participated in project related meetings.
- Also participated in Analysis, Architecture and Design related activities.
- Worked on existing applications to improve their quality and efficiency.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed or reviewed system requirements on two of the projects.
- GUI designing and/or coding and testing, as well as over all high level and detailed software designing including updating or creating related documentation on all projects.
- For the last project, I joined the team in the initial phase of the project.
- Depending on projects performed unit and/or integration testing.
- Full SDLC.
- Successfully communicated with immediate client side supervisor/contact person.
- Helped in sizing the efforts and developing schedule.
- Conducted training sessions for team members on JavaServer Faces.
- Mentored team members and guided them to solve requirement related and technical problems.
- Analyzed requirements. Designed GUIs/web pages layout, look and feel. Developed Prototype.
- Helped define Architecture on one of the project. Designed different components.
- Participated in reviews and peer reviews.
- Documented business and functional/system requirements, and software design.
- Designed application framework, defining data & screen flow in presentation layer, & implemented it.
- Wrote short articles for different newsletters. Presented internal Knowledge Transfer Workshops.
- Took computer based trainings on effective communication and conducting meetings.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Analyzed the change requests, business requirements using UML techniques.
- Worked with internal customers to clarify and well define the requirements.
- Designed, coded and, performed unit and regression testing on modified and new objects to fulfill the requirements.
- Discover was using Scrum. Performed unit and integration testing. Both project though had dedicated testing/acceptance teams.
- Mentored other contractors who joined after me and was appreciated by client side supervisor.
- Productive from the first week of joining & delivered numerous amount of work in short time period.
- Improved and simplified existing screens from usability and design point of view.
- Created documentation. Contributed toward a FAQ document to help new hires start up, and saved company money on initial cost of acquiring new contractors/employees.
- At discover, developed new screen to save on Call Center costs by reducing the time of call processing.
- Talk wireless was new business start up venture.
- I participated from the very beginning.
- Acted as Project Manager and provided directions for Information Technology aspects as well as Marketing and Sales, Inventory and Customer Service Manager. From software development perspective, defined and analyzed business / technical requirements, defined architecture and developed design as well.
- Developed Business Plan as well as Inventory Management, Sales and Marketing, and Customer Management plans. Beside planning I executed these plans as well.
- Developed business plan.
- Developed inventory, risk, contract and customer management plans.
- Managed the project, researched the opportunities, vendors, products.
- Developed advertising campaigns.
- Developed methods/forms that controlled the customer fraud. Reduced cost by thousands of dollars.
- Managed several projects including designing and decorating the premises interior, sales and marketing campaigns, managed inventory, customers, vendors and day to day operations. Developed different tools. Full SDLC.
Confidential, Longmont, CO
- As member of application maintenance team, the main responsibility was to develop enhancements including bug fixing in the existing applications.
- In the process designed and developed user interface and application layer, used internationalization.
- Interacted with other teams to resolve technical issues.
- Full SDLC.
- Management appreciated, my speed to grasp the existing design and to come up with solutions to the problems and enhancements in the application that were in compliance with existing design, and as self starter and quick learner.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Senior Software Engineer
- During this period worked on various projects. Managed different teams from 3 to 32 members in size.
- Organization Breakdown Structure was Matrix. Sized the work and divided it into small meaningful releases.
- Later in project we were following 30 days release cycles.
- We had developed a methodology for project management that was suited for our projects using features from Agile and Scrum as well as PMI Project Management methodologies.
- Participated in, and in some cases led the hiring process and performance appraisals.
- Led the efforts to analyze requirements and to communicate with client on resolving requirements related and technical issues.
- Developed project schedules. Identified technical risks.
- Updated and presented weekly status reports.
- Conducted project related non technical and technical meetings, as well as training sessions on technical topics.
- As Project Team Lead was responsible for conducting team members’ performance appraisal.
- Worked closely with Project Managers and Functional Managers when worked as Team Lead in the beginning.
- Excelled in communicating with client on technical aspects of the project.
- Created a work environment where team members worked together to get things done.
- Worked with geographically distributed team and in ISO certified work environment.
- Started some projects from scratch, built the team, and took it to deliver the final application.
- Delivered in house training sessions & presentations to train and keep the team up-to-date.
- Excelled in system analysis and design, and GUI designing. Participated in Architectural work.
- Reviewed QA test plans and database designs.