I am seeking a permanent position where I can leverage both my background in business and my strong technical skills to have a direct impact on company earnings while working with talented people on exciting projects.
- MBA with seventeen years of diversified experience in software engineering, business information systems and product management within cutting edge technology firms, including consulting firms, startups, publically traded companies and major international corporations.
- Strong background in increasing net revenues through managing teams as well as hands on development to build products and custom solutions using agile software development techniques.
- Proven track record of successful leadership of cross - functional teams in resource constrained environments, project management, agile methodologies, business systems strategic planning and business process reengineering.
Cloud Development: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud9, Heroku, Redshift
Windows .Net Development: Visual Studio, C#, MS Test, Test Driven Development (TDD), Entity Framework, Windows Forms, WPF, Windows Services, ADO.NET, SQL, IO Completion Ports / TCP/IP Sockets, NDoc, Visio, JIRA, Fogbugz
Mac and Linux Development: Java, Python, MongoDB, Jython, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Jira, SVN, GIT, Eclipse, VMWare, Fogbugz
Native Windows: Visual Studio, C++ (MFC, STL, ATL, COM, ActiveX, ADO, DAO, ODBC, SQLAPI), C, InstallShield, Delphi
Integration and Automation: VBA (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), COM automation using C# and VSTO, shell integration
Sr. Technical Program Manager
- I drive product requirements by conducting meetings with stakeholders, account managers and ad traffickers.
- I report goals, manage project schedules and communicate risks. I write SQL queries and use in-house metrics tools to analyze data about customer usage, system delivery, latency, availability and accuracy to prioritize development.
- I coordinate development across teams in 3 continents and 6 zones. I work with development managers and engineers to solve problems and coordinate dependencies. I work with engineers to design solutions to technical problems, build consensus, set dates and ensure timely delivery.
- I ensure all tasks have user stories and well defined acceptance criteria, assign tasks, manage sprint planning, conduct daily scrum, retrospectives, and enforce our best practices.
- Meet directly with executive management including the CEO, CTO, Chief of Product, gather requirements from business owners, provide guidance in setting development cycle objectives based on resources.
- Architect technical solutions, manage all aspects of implementation, managing teams in three countries, conduct code reviews, enforce best practices, develop the skillsets of my resources for constant improvement.
- Manage complex deployments to 14 countries, triage defects and deployment issues, master internal tools.
Technical Product Manager
- Business side owner of core platform for Confidential which powers website, mobile devices, and partner integrations.
- Gather requirements from stake holders, prioritize and drive execution by coordinating with the technical team.
- Introduce agile development practices, lead scrum, and advocate on behalf of partners.
Manager, Partner Solutions
- Work directly with partners as manager of team of four project managers to build distribution channels for NOOK e-reader and e-bookstore for Android and Windows by getting the BN platform pre-installed on devices, integrated with custom partner solutions, and by publishing applications for download through various app-stores.
- Scrum master for server side client API (C++ and Java versions) which powers Android, iOS, Mac OS and Windows clients. Gathered requirements, prioritized work items for sprints, and communicated project status with project managers in various teams through scrum and use of JIRA, SVN and Confluence.
- Solely developed RankHungry.com, a website providing powerful search engine marketing (SEO) tools using ASP.NET, C#, SQL, Yahoo and Google APIs, Chilkat APIs, Telerik RadControls for AJAX, regular expressions and caching technologies.
- Built website monitoring windows service to ensure high server availability of client sites, using C#, XML and SQL.
- Google Adwords Pay-Per-Click management and SEO, successfully optimized websites to be on Page 1 of Google.
- Established automated reporting of website performance using Google Analytics, complete with goal conversion reporting, sales funnel diagrams, with data associated with performance of creatives in Google Adwords campaign.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Program Manager / Custom Solutions Engineer
- Led the establishment of a new Custom Solutions division, which was a key contributing factor to my division (formerly Tamale Software) being acquired by Advent.
- Integrated core product with Bloomberg, FactSet, Axys, Tradar using .Net APIs and web services interfaces.
- Sold, managed and deployed custom projects ranging from $5,000 - $100,000 (2 - 40 weeks) to clients all over the world
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Senior Systems Analyst / Product Manager
- Solely designed and programmed a web browser based warranty claims processing system which saves the company $400k per year, and enabling the company to earn ISO TS16949 certification. Designed and engineered data mining and aggregation software using MS SQL Server and ASP.NET (C#), regular expressions (RegEx), Visual Studio .NET 2003, OLEDB.
- As Product Manager, developed a web browser based portfolio management database for the business planning group which reduced costs by $200,000 annually. Managed entire project team of ten people (two direct reports and a team of 7 in India) for this two year project. Managed complete software development life cycle from requirements gathering, product definition, prioritization, ROI calculation, championing the product with executive management, communication with stakeholders, user acceptance testing, training and deployment.
- Project Manager of initiative to modernize customer service business processes to use Siebel which improves customer satisfaction and reduced company expenses by $500,000 per year.
- Recipient of Automotive Excellence Award.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Built automated reporting system using Excel automation using VBA and SQL, saving over $25,000 per year.
- Created real time reporting system, documentation and training materials using C# and Visual Basic.
- Performed customer needs assessment and process workflow analysis.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Software Development Architect
- Created fax services client that customers install on their computers using C++, MFC, STL, COM, InstallShield and VBA.
- The client integrates into the Windows shell, MS Word, and Excel, to facilitate faxing documents.
- Created LobbyByFax.com, an online service that enables site visitors to organize and communicate with government officials by fax. Built using in ASP (VBScript), the site would communicate with the fax services using an SMTP email interface.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Senior Software Engineer and Technical Lead
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities by creating an innovative solution that allowed two companies with incompatible technologies to effectively merge.
- Developed video enabled multi-user chat software using a combination of C++, MFC, Video for Windows, Sockets and ASP.
- Developed news feed integration software, which ran as a Windows service (MFC and non-MFC versions). The software fetched news data from Reuters, ZDNet and other sources, stored and indexed the articles in an ObjectStore database, and provided web enabled viewing and configuration tools through ASP pages.
- Created a fully functional MP3 player software application with company branding that included play list management and streaming MP3 audio broadcasting, using the G-Audio SDK, the FMod SDK, and Mpeg-TV’s X-Audio SDK.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Developed 3-D audio renderer for using Microsoft Direct-X and Direct-3D SDKs. The product is a multi-user, massively scalable virtual reality platform that allows an unlimited number of people from around the world to build and explore interactive worlds together.
- Solved distribution problem by engineering automated product installation which enabled the company to mass-distribute products over the Internet, by applying InstallShield development tools including Package for the Web, InstallShield.