- Senior project manager with a proven record of accomplishment delivering cost - effective, high-performance technology solutions to support rapid growth companies.
- Extensive experience in leading large, simultaneous Data Center Infrastructure Projects, SharePoint, Network Security, including Cloud implementation, ordering and installation of circuits.
- Skilled in all phases of project and software development life cycles (SDLC) - from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation and enhancement
- Developed scope, budget analysis, risks assessments and workarounds.
- Effective at building culturally diverse teams with excellent business process and strategy development skills.
- Customer-centric with the ability to initiate profitable alliances with vendors and suppliers.
- Core Competencies - Project Planning, Staffing and Management; Cross-Functional Team Leadership; RFP Responses; Budgeting; Negotiations; Change Management; IT Infrastructure Design & Implementation; Client Relations
Confidential, Durham, NC
Sr. Project Manager
- Manage the Proof of Concept and Migration of IBM PureFlex Infrastructure into DataCenter as a Cloud offering to our customers.
- Accountable for delivering medium to high complexity and or medium to high risk Application development and Infrastructure projects
- Managing the migrating of Healthcare Call Centers - IVRs, Cisco, Genesys Infrastructure to a cloud solution and Operations handoff.
- VMware and EMC Storage solutions
- Ordering and Installation of Circuits, SIP Trunking
- Installation of Avaya Port Networks and telephony solutions
- Authority to direct others and ensure project aligns with contractual obligations and client’s expectation; Commercial decision making authority within restraints of the documented FAI Signature Authority Process
- Ensures that customer’s requirements are met by project and delivered to the project definition.
- Mentor to Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Make decisions which impact the success of assigned projects; i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
- Determine methods and procedures, and may provide guidance/mentorship to other personnel.
- MS Project Server and Clarity PM Tools
Program Manager/Sr IT Project Manager
- Managed over $25 million worth of Networking Infrastructure/Implementation and Application projects for various customers in the Financial, Banking, Medical, Transportation, Point of Sales, and Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Managed the migration/consolidation of a large Data and Disaster Recovery Center with VMWare, Cisco Routers/Switches, and WAN Circuits.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Oversight and management of projects consisting of migrations, upgrades and implementations of corporate financial data Systems, mainframes and large-scare desktop refresh projects.
- Managed within a matrix setting of cross-functional teams including, but not limited to development and Infrastructure professionals utilizing PMI and Best Practices methodologies; providing accurate, closely audited and time-sensitive information and deliverables to management and project shareholders.
- Managed day-to-day operational aspects of a project and its scope.
- Reviewed deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Prepared for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensured project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately in MS SharePoint.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Application Development Project Manager
- Formulated budgets, SOW, charters, estimates and schedules, status reports, team meetings, presentations to senior management and steering committees. Mentored a 10-person development team that developed/supported applications for 12 Fossil/Oil burning sites and 89 Combustion Turbine Plants.
- Led project to enhance application developed in 2006 from PI Processbook to a .NET. The improved application provided real-time monitoring which resulted in 15% cost savings in maintenance cost.
- Facilitated the design and development of two cross-reference tables and leveraged existing PassPort code in PlantView, MicroGADS, and OSP/PI to link data into a web-based visualization screen for senior management.
- Achieved $1M cost savings through the implementation of Prolog and Encompass third-party web software products and required interfaces with existing PGN systems (Primavera, PassPort, Business Objects, etc.) to support project management process improvements.
- Managed projects that maintained supported and upgraded systems and applications using C#, .NET, and JAVA, SQL, and Oracle.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
IT Project Manager
- Directed a $5 Million project focused on upgrading networking infrastructure (new cabling, installation of Cisco routers, and wireless access points) at Truck Assembly plant.
- Led the software development project to migrate 10 custom applications from one data center to the HQRS consolidated data center from WebSphere 6.1 and Oracle 10.
- Coordinated the testing and QA actions necessary to identify software/system defects and adherence to business specifications for web-based parts ordering application.
- Managed the installation of a 100MB connection from Canada’s Internet provider to the US HQRS to support over 4500 users.
- Coordinated the implementation of Cisco routers and T1 connection from Dealerships to US I/T HQRS to provide IT solution.