- Top - Performing IT Project Manager and Business Intelligence Professional with an extensive track record of success delivering mission-critical projects to take organizational capabilities to new levels of performance.
- Excel at building, training, and optimizing the performance of talented project teams that continually exceed expectations.
- Adept at partnering with stakeholders across all levels to ensure projects achieve key milestones and deliverables.
- Analytical, highly adaptable professional with extensive experience developing, deploying, testing, and validating enterprise systems aimed at improving quality and efficiency. Skilled in translating end-user needs into long-term resolutions to complex IT challenges.
- Drawn to new technologies and innovative processes in an ongoing effort to keep business models in step with emerging trends.
- Software Engineering
- Enterprise Solution Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Continuous Improvement
- Business Intelligence
- Agile/Scrum Development
- Waterfall Methodology
- Joint Application Design
- Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Testing & Quality Assurance
- Data Warehousing & Analytics
- Team Building & Leadership
- Cross-Team Collaboration
Platforms: UNIX, Windows, Azure
Tools: Confluence, Jira, Tableau, PowerBI, Hadoop Hive, Snowflake, Talend, Aha, Smartsheet, Cognos Report/Metric/Analysis Studios, Informatica Power Center, Erwin Data Modeler, SAS, Teradata, Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), Teradata SQL, Toad for Oracle, Baan, Business Objects, MS Project Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Infor LN, ServiceNow, Remedy
Confidential, Hollywood, CA
Data Warehousing Tech Lead & Project Manager
- Driving force behind all projects involving the design, development, enhancement, and rearchitecting of mission-critical data warehouse solutions across a wide range of platforms for the Home Entertainment Group.
- Direct workflow for all technical resources, delivering the project roadmaps and leadership to ensure all milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Leadership scope includes utilizing Tableau & MicroStrategy for visualizations & reporting, backend functions in Teradata, and facilitating the transition to an Azure/Snowflake architecture.
- Designed a highly effective system for managing all projects under a single umbrella project scope.
- Adeptly track each project by leveraging two-week Sprints in Jira.
- Built and implemented a new Support team that has been able to respond to issues much quicker and effectively as a result of hosting daily morning huddles.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr Business Intelligence Analyst & Project Manager
- Assumed lead point for various important components of the ERP integration project while working hand-in-hand with Global Business Transformation Managers and the Business Intelligence (BI) team.
- Fully owned the BI portion of the project, seamlessly delivering all 33 reports as outlined in the original roadmap.
- Successfully integrated the old with the new ERP versions while facilitating a smooth transition to data received from Salesforce, Vertex, HighRadius, and other key sources.
- Crafted the specifications for, tested, and validated ETL map changes to disseminate/access data globally.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
IT Project Manager
- Leveraged A-ha, Jira, Confluence, and Google tools to facilitate collaborative efforts in executing projects focused on enhancing data and data collection/management processes.
- Directed all external technical resources and related budget.
- Spearheaded a large project to fully automate data manipulation and review related processes companywide.
- Played a key role in creating the roadmap to successfully govern the above mentioned and all future analytics projects, which included building and launching a Development team solely dedicated to the analytics projects.
- Led the initiative that successfully retired Windows 2003 and enabled the implementation of the latest Windows OS throughout the company.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior Data Architect/Project Manager/Business Intelligence Support Team Lead
- Served as the chief liaison for the newly formed Project Portfolio Management segment and was integrally involved in implementing the Microsoft Project Server as well as the PPM structure.
- Built and optimized the performance of a multi-functional support team of five senior developers and equipped the group with a well-defined set of SLAs and best practices to maximize performance.
- Succeeded in slashing the average service time by 50%, 75% for response times, as the BI Support Lead.
- Created multiple models to enable data to be pulled from enterprise systems such as Baan ERP, WFM, PeopleSoft, and more in the newly designed enterprise data warehouse.
- Collaborated with developers to extract data for, test, and validate system capabilities.
- Orchestrated multiple successful data analytics projects delivering solutions for areas such as purchase progress management, workforce management (time and labor), financial statements, trade receivables.
- Introduced Agile principles and daily SCRUMs to the team while delivering the first Cognos cube-based solution in the company (trade receivables) in four months, well ahead of the initial nine-month projection.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Senior Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
- Worked closely with stakeholders to fully understand project requirements and create detailed project roadmaps, which were presented to senior management for final approval.
- Kept copious notes detailing project progress, successes, and challenges that were available in Report Factory.
- Designed/executed various test scenarios in partnership with the Quality Assurance team to ensure solutions met required specifications prior to delivery.
- Directed biweekly and monthly ETL, database, and Cognos release activities for the BI team with IT
- Oversaw offshore resources to ensure timely release for various solutions
- Documented production support processes for the outsourced production support model and trained global team members on all aspects of the BI model.
- Instrumental in reducing the time needed to gather and report information to the company President from six weeks down to just one minute.
- Implemented data indexing/partitioning on tables utilizing Teradata Administrator, which led to significant improvements in query performance.