- Over Ten years of experience in business domains such as Infrastructure, Auto Loans - Dealer Services, Healthcare, Entertainment Media, Airlines, Human Resources & Payroll, Insurance Banking , Non Profit and Finance; particularly in the field of Information Technology as Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst/Business Analyst.
- Identify stakeholders, Resources and scope of the project.
- Stakeholder Management for expectation and engagement, Scope Management, Resource Allocation.
- Kick off the project via an appropriate medium such as Confidential face to face meeting, conference call to accommodate virtual teams etc.
- Planning -
- Project Management to include continuous updates to the scope, stakeholder and resource management.
- Cost Management for the approved budget, plan for unknown costs that might need contingency planning.
- Schedule Management to identify and track project tasks and assigned resources in the form of Confidential Project Definition Document (PDD) and Project Plan using MS Project.
- Communication Management to formalize how communication will be handled horizontally, within the team and vertically, to senior management and higher.
- Requirements Management to facilitate the strategy of how the business needs will be gathered, converted into requirements and documented as per standards.
- Managed resource allocations according to set budgets, facilitated conflict management, served as Confidential point of contact to all the members of the team both in the Business and technical platforms.
- Organized brain storming Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Walkthroughs, Focus group coordination with end-user/clients/stake holders and the IT group.
- Experience with document management tools such as SharePoint, eDocs, Requisite Requirements Composer (RRC) etc.
- Execution -
- Facilitate clarification sessions with between the technical and business teams to ensure the application being developed is per business expectations.
- Quality Management to assist the QA/UAT teams in visualizing the test strategy, formulate test scenarios and test cases that would validate the application end to end and ensure that the developed product functions according to expectations.
- Identify potential delays in task completion and formulate contingency plan accordingly.
- Monitor & Control -
- Quality Management to assist the QA/UAT in defect tracking, bug fixes, SME clarifications for the technical teams and QA/UAT sign off for Confidential successful end to end testing of the application.
- Communicate the progress of the project as Tasks Completed, Tasks Pending, % Task Complete, Milestones Achieved, Project Status and Action Items to the team members on Confidential weekly or Confidential bi-weekly basis.
- Communicate the progress of the project as Overall % complete, Phase of the project, Phase Start and End Date, % Phase Complete, Implementation Start and End Date, Risks, Issues etc to the senior management bi-weekly or monthly, as per management expectation either via email or meetings.
- Close -
- Formulate lessons learned to showcase the success of the project, aspects that worked and that did not work and recommendations from the team to address issues.
- Solicit official sign off from the business as they confirm that the application meets their expectations.
- Archive required documentation to close the project.
METHODOLOGIES: Speed to Market (STM), Waterfall, Agile, TPM, hybrids.
SKILLS: Infrastructure development and implementation, Scope Management - Avoid Scope Creep ; Schedule Management - On Time Delivery ; Risk Management - Contingency Planning ; Resource Management - App. Allocations ; Quality Management - End to End Validation ; Stakeholder Management - Managing Expectations ; Cost Management - Work Within Budget, identify cost fluctuations; Horizontal & Vertical Reporting ; Change Control Management, Web application and corresponding Mobile application implementation, Requirements Traceability, Credit Revue System, Auto Loan Process, Project Plans, Project Management, scrum sessions, Resource Management, Public Exchange (CMS) knowledge, Insurance and Healthcare knowledge, User Experience Design, Customer Support, Application Support, RDBMS, Gap Analysis, Use Case Modelling & Analysis,, Market Research Analysis, Business Intelligence.
TOOLS: MS Project, MS Share Point, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, Rational Requirements Composer, Plan-view resource management, Transaction Management Application, BCBSNC job aids, Business Objects, Tableau, JIRA, eDocs, Ticketing Service, Test and Prod environments, Clarity, SAP, Quick-base, Extream Dialogue, Calibre, Windows 2000, XP, 2008, 2010, 2013, HP Quality Center, Manual testing, QTP.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Serve in the capacity of Confidential Project Manager, Confidential Business Analyst and Confidential Systems Analyst for Low, Medium and High risk projects.
- Currently involved in Confidential multimillion-dollar project that entails moving an existing database that speaks to almost all the transactions and applications within the corporate to Confidential new location. This includes infrastructure considerations such as developing like to like transactional channels and creating environments that mimic the old process but sit in Confidential new location.
- Lead efforts that require enhancements to existing applications to meet the ever-evolving industry standards.
- Leads efforts that require Confidential complete overhaul of existing applications so the look and feel is user friendly and the level of functionality is more beneficial than before.
- Formulate Project Plans that list clear tasks and timelines along with resource allocation and management.
- Facilitate conflict resolution, risk management, action item resolution and issue logs.
- Lead implementation procedures to successfully deliver applications/projects and all related artifacts that would meet auditory needs.
- Close out the effort and document lessons learned.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Lead the Exchange Enrollment Data Solution initiative as Confidential project manager within the Public Exchange project which involved accumulating accurate data from different data sources into Confidential primary location, ensuring BCBSNC data is in Sync with the government regarding Public Exchange and creating Confidential stable data housing environment data bases for all the enrollment records for 2014 and on coming 2015.
- Help kick off meetings, created Project Plan, Resource allocations, Milestones, timelines, communication plans and kept the lines of communication open between different team, leading the initiative to deployment.
- Identified all the manual processes put in place to handle enrollment, interact with the business areas that use these processes to carry on routine business, collect requirements, create as-is and to-be process flows and create any other artifact which would together determine automated solutions.
- Engage the Quality Engineers (QE) for new initiative within the project and assist in testing efforts such as test plan creation, identify scenarios and troubleshooting.
- On Confidential simultaneous project, worked on understanding the scope and helped manage functional enhancements on existing web applications as per health initiatives from government entities, corresponding mobile applications if existing and establish new mobile platforms to provide easy access to the client base.
- Document high level scope, detailed business and functional requirements and supporting artifacts such as gap analysis, User Experiences and process flows.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Lead projects that are specific to Legal, such as Legal Hold, eDocs, Service Now.
- Facilitated/organized vendor demo’s to preview new software by third party vendors.
- Emphasized the importance of establishing mobile platforms in support for the new web application and confirmed that the chosen vendor will be able to provide such accessibility with their product.
- Aided the business in making decisions that would lead to selecting the vendor who could address their needs and pain points.
- Facilitating contract signings, SLA agreements, requirements, implementation, testing, production and post production support.
- Support applications post production such as provide the clients with clarity regarding the application functionality troubleshoot issues and in corporate enhancements, new releases etc.
- Facilitate UAT with the Business to walk them through the functionality of the application, log defects in JIRA, follow up for resolution and solicit sign off.
Senior Business Analyst
- Initiated the scope and requirements gathering phase by facilitating sessions with the business users.
- Identified stakeholders, kept the team informed about the expectations of the project by sharing organized meeting notes.
- Identified data elements for specific requirements to facilitate operational and analytical reporting capabilities.
- Participated in review sessions with the team to finalize and confirm that the Business Requirements are in sync with the project expectations.
- Understood how to leverage data from existing mobile platforms for BI analytics purposes.
- Held presentations to showcase knowledge base gained, fielded questions and sought clarifications.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Initiated projects, held kick off meetings to identify stakeholders, prepared and adhered to project plans to meet deadlines, coordinated with the QA teams to facilitate end to end testing and UAT and successfully delivered projects that were user friendly with enhanced functionality and minimal to no risks down the line.
- Participated in the identification, understanding and documentation of business requirements including the applications capable of supporting those requirements.
- Facilitating meetings, JAD sessions, documenting project status, assisting the project manager with the Project Plan and other PM related tasks and reporting to the Systems Manager on Confidential weekly basis.
- Involved in identifying the key differences between the as is and to be systems, based on the Gap analysis done on the existing and the projected systems.
- Collaborating with the in house SAP team to drive development efforts and other technical issues.
- Creating/Maintaining Confidential Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) for complex projects that possess Confidential lot of aspects that need tracking/updating.
- Utilized MS Project to create Project Plans, Quick Base to maintain project status and resource time and shared project updates with stakeholders and vendors.
Business Analyst/Process Analyst/Reports Designer/UX Designer
- Facilitated the identification, understanding and documentation of Business Requirements (BRD), Presentation Requirements (PRD), Screen Behavior Rules and report prototypes.