- Dynamic, highly experienced strategist with extensive background in coordinating and facilitating complex, multi - faceted projects that significantly improve organizational profitability.
- PMP with expertise in skillfully handling full lifecycle of all project phases, from initial bids through subcontractor negotiations to completion and sign-off.
- Poised professional with superlative communication talents, adept at initiating and developing key relationships with vendors, customers, subcontractors, and both internal / external leaders.
- Motivational team leader with demonstrated ability to pilot quality-focused teams that consistently achieve peak performance levels.
- Trusted business partner with talent for effectively managing multi-million dollar budgets; dedicated to attaining highest customer satisfaction levels while achieving both short-and long-term corporate goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Team Leadership Customer Relations Management Contract / Spec Compliance
- Schedule / Scope Coordination Project Documentation Field Staff Support
- Strategic Planning Risk Avoidance / Mitigation Vendor Relations / Mgmt.
- Proposal Support Due Diligence / Feasibility Bid Evaluation / Analysis
- Full Lifecycle Supervision Communications / Presentations Quality Assurance / Control
Confidential, St. Francisville, Louisiana
- Managing various engineering projects at Confidential .
- Currently managing an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor in the security systems upgrade of a nuclear plant.
- Directed and held full responsibility for all aspects of $179M electrical / I&C modification on upgrade of Confidential .
Confidential, Orlando, Florida
Acting Project Manager
- Coordinated engineering documents and led the fabrication, delivery, and installation of gas / steam turbines, generators, HRSGs, and auxiliary systems (included AVR and digital control systems instrumentation).
- Supervised and provided support to construction staff and site activities throughout project; responsibilities included commissioning, start-up, and closeout.
- Ensured compliance with contract throughout all project phases.
- Managed and contained costs while coordinating schedule and scope to ensure profitability.
Assistant Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer
- Provided hands-on contributions to power plant equipment supply and installation projects, including $98.6M Hines 2 project, and $84M Hines 3 project.
- Assisted with power plant equipment supply and installation project in Kirkuk, Iraq.
- Piloted four teams to successfully implement “best-in-class” power-system asset management processes; studied, recommended, and implemented world-class processes and tools for managing power system assets.
- Ensured the sustainment of mission-critical, assigned power-system assets Company-wide.
- Defined maintenance / rehabilitation programs and procedures for assets after analyzing reliability; implemented sustainment programs with $70M budget.
- Managed $75M in power distribution / transmission construction and maintenance contracts for Company’s power system assets; provided Company leadership with problem reports and suggested solutions.
- Directed all aspects of contract administration, customer relations, and asset divestment (during deregulation) in Southwestern part of province.
- Directed all maintenance, construction ($24M), and customer service activities for systems with over 33,000 customers, $8M annual operating budget, and 63 employees.
Distribution Planning Engineer
- Monitored the loading on power system components; conducted computerized system studies to identify methods that relieved overloads, accommodated growth, saved energy, and produced demand-side opportunities.
- Prepared and implemented $80M annual capital work program and contributed to capital budget planning.
- Created business cases and helped technicians / field personnel with problem resolution; tested proposed problem mitigation via computer simulation (modeling) before implementation.
Distribution Standards Engineer
- Established construction standards for outdoor power distribution systems and prepared innovative, customized designs.
- Modeled power systems and adjacent community systems to calculate and mitigate electrical interference.