Platforms: Windows NT/XP/7, SQL Server, VPN, Citrix, SharePoint/Project Server
Software/Applications: MS Project, MS Office Suite, Visio, SQL, MS Access, Planview, Clarity, Remedy, Quality Center, JIRA/Confluence
Project Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, SDLC Waterfall
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies (daily standup calls, sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives)
- Lead team progress in meeting goals and commitments through ongoing quality improvement and support of Agile rules/practices
- Address and resolve issues, roadblocks and any other impediments impacting development and testing schedules
- Partner with the product owner to support product backlog definition and prioritization to feed sprints
- Report on team progress through metrics reporting for each sprint (average velocity, cycle time, story churn)
- Worked with multiple teams (web, mobile, upstream web - dependent systems, web & medical management business, other IT Leads) in managing and coordinating new plan readiness and go-live dates
- Collaborated with multiple web-dependent IT and vendor teams to resolve critical dependency issues and mitigate risks impacting (or potentially impacting) development and testing sprint schedules and critical milestone dates
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Managed the implementation of adding Medicare Broker functionality/features on Confidential
- Managed the implementation of Broker Proposal functionality for Commercial Brokers on Confidential
- Managed the implementation of adding Arizona region to existing Commercial Broker & IFP functions/features on Confidential
- Overall primary responsibilities for Waterfall projects:
- Served as primary liaison between technical and various PMO cross-functional teams, business project and process owners, senior leadership, and vendor contractors (onshore and offshore).
- Effectively led project teams (ranging from 10 to 50+ business and technical members) through the project life cycle by monitoring and controlling project risks, issue tracking and timely resolution, change management process, escalation process, changes in resource allocations/needs, and other impacts to schedule, scope, and budget to keep projects on track.
- Develop and maintain project documents including project brief assessments, project charters, project plans, project schedules, project budgets, risk plans/registers, action Items and issue logs, change requests, demand capacity planning, business case/budget updates, Statements of Work, implementation plans, project closures, lessons learned, executive-level status reporting, and Planview reporting.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Lead Project Manager for complex new report development and application enhancements supporting teams of 15+ Fraud representatives and investigators
- Platform-to-platform migration of over 100 existing reports supporting various line of business (existing report conversions of decommissioned applications)
- Oracle to Teradata Reporting Platform Conversions - Collaborated with infrastructure team in managing the conversion of existing reporting source systems
- Manage all projects requested for and supported by an Oracle/Business Objects reporting development organization within Internet Services - including management of project phases for scope, requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment using SDLC (waterfall) project life cycle methodology.
- Serve as liaison between client area (internal lines of business), technical team, and other impacted internal technology organizations in planning and managing various infrastructure and integration project efforts.
- Direct various technical management teams in project resource allocation including activity resource and duration estimating, and monitor and control of variances in base and incremental planned resource costs.
- Monitor and control project risks, issue tracking, demand capacity, impacts to schedule and costs and variances to those baselines.
- Serve as a ‘Queue Release Manager’ for project deployments on Oracle/Business Objects platform.
- Provide leadership in directing project team meetings, project kickoffs, stakeholder project planning reviews and other organizational project strategy sessions.
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Lead Project Manager for the required application enhancements of Confidential /OfficeMate's private practice solutions product for government certification/compliance of electronic health records processing
- Managed project activities from inception through implementation while serving as liaison between the business stakeholders and technology teams.
- Developed project documents including project charters, project plans, project schedules, risk registers, issues logs, and project status reports.
- Managed project scope, risk monitoring and mitigation strategies, schedule tracking, and issue resolution.
Confidential, Folsom, CA
- Lead Project Manager of the PIRP application enhancement to include capture and processing of wind and solar data
- Automated Demand Response - Primary lead in managing vendor involvement with building system demonstration of automated demand response to reduce electricity usage; Multi-vendor software implementation and existing infrastructure enhancements
- Oversaw all project phases and activities using structured SDLC process including, project initiation, planning, requirements definition and design; execution of development; QA, UAT and market simulation testing; project performance monitoring; manage project change control, problem identification and resolution, and stakeholder communication.
- Served as liaison between the project’s business stakeholders and cross-functional technology teams.
- Developed project documents including detailed project plans, work breakdown structures, roles and responsibility matrices, project schedules, risk registers, issues logs, and project status reports.
- Managed project scope, risk monitoring and mitigation strategies, schedule tracking, budget resource estimates, and issue resolution.
- Built and maintained project SharePoint site and ensure appropriate documentation and audit ability of project in accordance to PMO procedures and organizational policy.
- Managed communication plan and ensure timely distribution of project performance and status.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Lead Project Manager of large, complex vendor software upgrade of retail banking teller and sales system which involved 17 retail branches; Upgrade included an extensive software version upgrade and infrastructure enhancements
- Led year-long project involving the system conversion of a company-wide vendor-based retail banking system.
- Collaborated with senior management, sales and marketing, and operations teams to define extensive business rules and logic and translated into detailed business requirements.
- Partnered with vendor project team to guide planning, development, and staged deployment of system deliverables within 17 retail branches.
- Developed master test approach strategy and detailed requirements for test execution for user and pilot testing.
- Managed project schedule, risk and issue resolution, change control, and distribution of project performance measurements and status reporting to project stakeholders.
- Led onsite and virtual project team meetings while serving as liaison between business and technical bank stakeholders and vendor project team.
Confidential, Concord, CA
- Lead Project Manager for implementation of large Fraud customer service workflow management system supporting 40+ representatives within Fraud Detection and Investigation
- Lead the reporting system platform conversion of over 50 reports supporting multiple lines of business
- Lead Project Manager for the implementation of Fraud detection system (vendor software) which supported a team of 15+ representatives
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Program/Project Manager for ongoing software enhancements to large, centralized credit card risk detection transaction processing system which processed thousands of transactions per minute in detection of credit card risk
- Program/Project Manager for ongoing software enhancements to centralized risk detection payment processing system