- Over 20 years of planning and project management (PMP certified) experience with extensive enterprise Information Technology knowledge, Project/Program/Service support and delivery management background including leading teams, standing up and supporting Project Management Offices (PMO), business process reengineering, managing development and implementation of projects using life - cycle methodologies, developing work breakdown structures, development and analysis of project plans and schedules for tracking deliverables and milestones, identifies, manages and mitigates issue and risk management, change control, monitoring project metrics and variance analysis, creating strategies, developing ad-hoc and progress reports, monitoring overall project and portfolio performance while maintaining consistent processes and quality assurance.
- Skilled in leading matrixed teams, project management principles, methods, and tools required to prepare, justify, and administer resource requirements; develop and monitor metrics used in evaluating the of project goals and objectives; and schedule, coordinate and manage project activities.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and take ownership of project goals.
- 20 years of experience managing programs within US Government, Healthcare, Financial vertical markets
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the applications, systems, tools and processes used within the Confidential .
- Technology savvy, Project Management Professional (PMP) with experience supporting projects for clients
- Participated in the development of Project/Program Management Office (PMO), methodologies and templates, Risk Management.
- Management experience in development, testing, implementation, support and delivery of Microsoft .Net, Java, Oracle applications using Agile and other SDLC methodologies.
- Developed and Supported: Project/Program Plans, Project Organizational Charts, Requirements Management, Scope Plans, Project Time Management Plans, Schedule and Budget Analysis, Quality Plans, Resource Management Plans, Communication Plans, Risk and Issue Management documents. Expertise in and use of Oracle Primavera P6, MS Project and MS Project Server, IBM Rational tool suite, Google Analytics.
- Manage projects that are nationwide in scope, advise senior managers during project selection, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling and closedown, program/project milestone evaluations with internal and client facing organizations and work with service managers and analysts to ensure cost effective project management. Interview, manage and mentor resources.
- Work through cross-cutting issues to maximize Program Office resources in support of IT portfolios. Expert at project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closedown, PMO development, support and sustainment of policies and processes, as well as, development of correspondence and liaising with upper level management, contractors and government personnel regarding project status and progress.
Lean Six Sigma, Critical Path Methodology and Earned Value Management, Oracle Primavera P6 Progress Reporter, Oracle Primavera P6 Project Manager, Oracle Primavera Methodology Manager, Rational Tool Suite, Oracle Financials, Oracle Business Objects web reporting, MS Project/Project Server, PmBOK Practices and Processes, Sharepoint, CA SDM tool for VA. Experience with Cognos Cube and Impromptu, Forest & Trees, Oracle PL/SQL, .NET, Lotus Notes 4.6, Rational Unified Process (RUP), VA ProPath, VA PMAS, VA VIP Process, VA Rational Jazz Tool Suite, Confidential PPM, Defense Systems Engineering Methodology (DSEM) (V-Model)
- Lead IT PMO contract resources by applying management and leadership skills in order to provide project management level support to VA PM so that the project deliverables and enhancements are delivered on time and within scope.
- Document, manage, and communicate project risks and issues and develop mitigation strategies when necessary.
- Perform analysis on Google Analytics to provide number of users, total time on the website, downtime
- Facilitate project meetings, attend scrum and scrum of scrum meetings
- Ensure all repositories (Sharepoint, Rational, VIP and EPMD) are current and update as necessary
- Mentor project team members and communicate any change in deliverables or direction
- Lead CC IT PMO contract resources by applying management and leadership skills to provide project management level support to VA PM so that PPMS project outputs are delivered on time and within agreed-upon scope.
- Utilizing available VA and contract staff, assist VA PM and PPMS project achieve and maintain Veteran Focused Integration Process (VIP) compliance, including ensuring all Rational requirements are satisfactorily met.
- Build and maintain relationships with VA program management, clients, stakeholders, and other contracting partners; proactively monitor project performance, stakeholder priorities, and manage program focus, direction and team activities accordingly.
- Identify, manage, and communicate project risks and issues; identify and implement risk mitigation strategies and monitor (and minimize) risks project wide, update Rational, EPMD and VIP with updates.
- Document, manage and communicate project work and action items. At a minimum, communicate weekly the status of project work and action items.
- Mentor project team members and provide clear day-to-day task direction and regularly communicate expectations and feedback to team and individuals.
- Lead content creation activities for required project documents and contract deliverables.
- Ensure deliverable content and quality meets program objectives and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate internal, as well as, client facing meetings, as needed.
- Identify and critically analyze project needs and develop recommendations for innovative and compliant ways to meet requirements and improve processes.
- Facilitate quality reviews and peer reviews across technical and non-technical documents, capturing comments as content is discussed among reviewers.
Project Manager/Principal Consultant
- Risk and Schedule Manager responsible for supporting the PMO effort in performing activities to make updates for the enhancements to current systems.
- Participate in build planning sessions for future builds using Agile methodology.
- Plan, organize and assist in ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with VIP processes. Works closely and effectively in a collaborative manner with the VA Program Manager and VA Project Managers, Release Managers and internal VA developers and staff, sub-contractor and independent consultant staff.
- Build, monitor and maintain schedules and risk documentation. Monitor and report on activities and dependencies related to the project, including integration and development monitoring. Facilitates weekly Risk review board meetings, manages and supports the Risk Management process in identifying, prioritizing, performing risk analysis, updating and maintaining the Risk Management Plan, Risk Analysis Report, Risk Register and supporting documentation, VIP processes and artifacts, preparation of CD1 and CD2 documentation. Manages schedules in MS Project, performs reviews and delivers weekly reports on schedule status, risks and issues. Utilize SharePoint sites for documentation storage and knowledge share. Utilize Rational tools for risks, issues and related VIP artifacts. Updates and posts monthly deliverables to appropriate Rational and VA SharePoint sites.
- Supported Enterprise Cloud Team and VA PM by developing documents, processes, and workflows relating to the review and intake of customers requesting cloud environment access and information. Lead and manage project planning, scheduling, and service integration with consuming applications, monitoring, and reporting activities for the project. Worked with AWS and Azure teams to perform analysis and research for each domain and perform analysis on logical decisions to move to the cloud.
- Support program/project requirements through analysis of client need documents such as (but not limited to) vision and scope, program road map, and business requirements documentation.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with VIP and ProPath processes. Works closely and effectively in a collaborative manner with the VA Program Manager and VA Project Managers, internal VA developers and staff, sub-contractor and independent consultant staff. Provide proactive leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure and selecting and recruiting key team members.
- Supports program/project requirements development through analysis of client need documents such as (but not limited to) vision and scope, program road map, and business requirements documentation and PWS. Build and update schedules, monitor, and report on activities and dependencies related to the project, including integration and development monitoring. Utilize SharePoint sites for documentation storage and knowledge share. Utilize Rational tools for storing and tracking requirements, test cases, user stories, epics and 508 compliance requirements, risks, issues and related VIP artifacts. Manages and supports Risk Management Plan, VIP processes and artifacts. Manages integration schedule in MS Project, performs reviews and delivers weekly reports on schedule status, risks and issues.
- Interact with various stakeholders across VA to solicit, develop, review, and update artifacts identified by client. Plans and reviews documentation necessary for VA VIP Process. Work with AERB and STAT teams for satisfying design and architecture reviews. Updates and delivers documentation required for required VIP CD 1 and CD 2 reviews. Populate and update team Rational Jazz site with risks, issues, and artifacts.
- Develops, reviews or analyzes project management documents to include but not limited to Project charters, Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Program/Project Management. Plans and supports Risk Management Plans and responsibility matrices. Supports program/project requirements through analysis of client need documents such as (but not limited to) vision and scope, program road map, and business requirements documentation. Plan schedules, monitor, and report on activities and dependencies related to the project, including integration/development vendor monitoring.
- Perform schedule development, maintenance, and revision using Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Plans, leads, and facilitates meetings and reviews (formal and informal), including creating agendas, helping team members stay on task, documenting information discussed in meetings and synthesizing decisions. Track and report project issues. Monitor progress and key milestones. Identify and mitigate risks and advise senior management about project management capability and risks following ProPath process and documentation templates. Support project requirements, scope, and change management issues. Coordinates and manages documentation, presentations and process for Project Management Accountability System (PMAS)
- Plans and reviews documentation required by VIP Process
- Works on diverse problems requiring evaluation of identifiable factors. Presents alternatives, solutions, or strategies, considering client requirements and capabilities. Identifies situations where leadership intervention may be required. Updates deliverables based on customer/staff feedback related to possible gaps, errors, and improvement opportunities. Identifies key process improvements to help the team work more efficiently. Communicates with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, and delivered clear requests for information. Coordinates functional tasking of and mentors junior project staff.
- Project Manager for and member of the Confidential Enterprise Services, Engineering and Implementation Project Support Office (PSO) team supporting the Confidential contract.
- Responsible for internal and external projects using PSO standards and processes.
- Participate in the development of governance documentation, lead and mentor team members.
- Produce project scope and schedule, risk, issues and change management process documentation.
- Participate in and provide input to implementing and updating process improvements and standards for the Confidential PSO.
- Conduct weekly status meetings, update project dashboard, provide weekly and ad-hoc reporting to upper management participates in data calls, provide risk/issue and critical path analysis.
- Project Manager supporting Diebold, Inc. Responsible for billed work projects, hardware installation projects, internal infrastructure projects, and service projects. Serve as first point of contact and escalation for assigned projects.
- Accountable for completion of project deliverables within scope schedule and budget. Responsible for identifying, prioritizing, monitoring, and responding to project risks. Develop WBS and schedules for all assigned projects. Responsible for maintaining project governance documentation and project dashboard status. Act as ambassador for maintaining positive working relationships with stakeholders, customers and other project personnel. Conduct customer calls, internal and status calls with project team members and stakeholders. Manage resources and team members to meet project objectives. Coach and mentor associate project managers. Participate in and provide input to implementing and updating process improvements and standards for the PMO.
- Responsible for overall project plan and project management responsibilities for the Medicare Advantage and Capitation projects.
- Provide support to other PM’s, advise on best methods and processes, business process re-engineering, and CSR tracking.
- Establishes and maintains schedule baselines, develops work breakdown structures, maintains project schedules.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors and internal customers.
- Drive deliverables and milestones for on-time delivery.
- Produce reports regarding integrated project plan deliverables and track critical path.
- Conducts weekly meetings to update project plans and discuss overall project status, risks, issues and contingency plans if necessary.
Project Management Specialist
- Provide schedule and project management support to the VA Enhance the Veteran Experience and Access to Healthcare ( Confidential ) Initiative 8 project, specifically, the Surgery Quality and Workflow Manager (SQWM) project under SPAWAR contract.
- Participate in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
- Involves significant interaction with project managers, contracts personnel, senior technical personnel, and other functional and support organizations.
- Involved in implementing and adhering to policies and procedures in support of projects.
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baselines, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, maintains project schedules and budgets.
- Provide ProPath and PMAS compliant documents and schedules.
- Provides data and reporting formats for all types and levels of program reviews.
- Prepares written and verbal reports to management regarding cost and schedule analysis.
- Develops work flow processes, participates in refining project management processes and procedures.
- Formerly provided Primavera and MS Project schedule/project management support to the Confidential .