Dependable professional and Servant Leader capable of delivering large - scale software development projects on time and on budget by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching Scrum and project teams. Expert at driving the adoption and enforcement of Scrum rules, removing impediments and fostering self-management. Also, an accomplished individual with extensive experience in regulatory compliance. Seeking a Scrum Master position that will showcase my experience and expertise utilizing the Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Agile Methodology (3 years)
- FIPS 199 (3 years)
- NIST SP 800 - 18 (3 years)
- NIST SP 800 - 30 (3 years)
- NIST SP 800 -- 53 (3 years)
- Cyber Security - RMF (3 years)
- Scrum Master (3 years)
- NIST SP 800 - 34 (3 years)
- NIST SP 800 -- 37 (3 years)
- NIST SP 800 - 60 (3 years)
PERSONAL & TECHNICAL STRENGTHS:
Systems Control Compliance (3 years), Risk Assessment (3 years), AWS Cloud System Administration & Engineering (1 year), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) (3 years), Compliance Testing (3 years), Threat Management (3 years), JIRA (2 years), Rally (2 years), MS Outlook (15 years)Operating Systems: Windows OS 95/98/2000/ME/XP/Vista/Windows7/10 (10 years)
Confidential, Potomac, Maryland
Agile Scrum Master
- Serve as a Scrum Master by facilitating daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review/demo and retrospective meeting.
- Coach product owners and development teams with respect to Agile processes and mindset -
- Write user stories, slicing techniques, sizing/estimation methodologies, business value estimation and progress tracking methods.
- Guide teams in developing high level product roadmaps
- Coach/Supervise all Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, sprint retrospective, sprint demo, daily stand ups
- Develop a good professional relationship with product owners and other stakeholders.
- Improve transparency by sharing the sprint task board with stakeholders and managers.
- Serve as a Servant Leader and finding the right personnel to remove the impediments that may cause a sprint delay. Tracking and mitigating risks.
- Assist Product Owners in backlog refinement.
- Coach team members on how to effectively use the scrum values as a guide
- Provide effective communication with the team, making sure they are guided in the right path in achieving a successful sprint.
- Work with team members to solve problems rather than provide solutions
- Provide needed support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and facilitated team building events.
- Work closely with the Agile Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure sprints are still on target with the program objectives.
- Track and communicate team velocity to stakeholders and managers. Making sure task boards are being updated to ensure transparency and effective communication.
Confidential, Bowie, Maryland
Scrum Master/Compliance Manager
- Facilitated vulnerability management program for multi-tiered Software as a Service (SaaS) products hosted across multiple internal data centers, Amazon Web Services
- Used Scrum Master methodology to Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Used Agile methodology to work with employees on daily basis
- Communicated the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitored team backlog daily and ensure it accurately reflects the current state of the sprint.
- Worked with product owners and stakeholders to refine vision and establish goals and metrics
- Conducted periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Reviewed communications such as securities sales advertising to ensure there were no violations of standards or regulations.
- Reviewed policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to environmental standards or regulations.
- Scheduled and allocated work, providing advice and guidance, and resolving problems to meet technical performance and financial objectives
- Coordinated all Scrum Ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Story Grooming, and Release Planning
- Served as the incident response chief for the Citrix Cloud Services Business Unit SaaS products involving cross function coordination with communications, legal, compliance, development, operations, and senior management
- Collaborated with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
- Responsible for the operations of EPA's HSPD-12 (smartcard) implementation for Logical and Physical Access Control Systems (LACS and PACS)
- Supported the EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) quarter, annual reporting requirements, and monthly Cyberscope reporting requirement
- Facilitated and mitigated the operations of BindView / Symantec Control Compliance Suite for the EPA
- Acted as the Primary contact for risk assessment based on NIST SP 800-53 controls and system security plan
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Conducted pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments
- Drafted pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organized case files, manage logistics etc.)
- Maintained pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organized exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Aided attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gathered relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaised between trial teams and internal/external third parties such witnesses, clients.
- Assisted with voir dire, jury selection and witness preparation
- Provided assistance with case settlements
- Conducted factual research and gathered relevant information from a variety of resources such as newspapers, libraries, police, and fire departments, trade associations, and traditional and social media.
- Gathered and organized data and information needed for settlement
- Created settlement brochures; distributed statements or negotiations checklists
- Drafted settlement agreements and releases, and assisted at pretrial conferences
Confidential, Washington, DC
Document Specialist - Trainer
- Demonstrated boards, enlarged, reduced and same size copying of oversized color or black and white documents.
- Communicated with our clients extensively to ensure the project will be completed exactly as requested.
- Completed a lot of bound documents like Velo, Spiral, GBC and tape binding for urgent filings.
- Led teams that prompted clients on important details they might have overlooked.
- Provided large project management services - For instance, Bates ranges missing from a set of documents produced.
- Bates numbered with varying levels of confidentiality based upon the clients needs.
- Provided copying and organized exhibits and made complex witness files for our clients efficiently and quickly.
- Provided services for complex trial preparation