- 10 years of project management experience in managing projects ranging from $100K to $6MM in Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead multiple diverse projects simultaneously.
- Accountable for delivering highly visible and complex programs/projects including Data Center Migration Program and Windows 7 (Global Information Link 3.5) and Office 2010 Deployment Project to 3,200 end - users without any outages or business disruption.
- 18+ years in the Information Technology field including experience in delivering both Infrastructure and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) projects for both the corporate sector and federal government.
- Ability to lead diverse project teams through motivation and empowerment ranging in size from a few individuals to large, diverse cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, creating project plans, and tracking milestones to ensure deployment project operated within scope, on time, and under budget.
- Experienced in executing projects from initiation, design, build, test, deployment, and turnover to operations/support.
- Project Planning & Execution
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Effective Leader
- Coordination & Facilitation
- Stakeholder Management
- Workshops & Presentations
- Waterfall & Agile Methodologies
- Team Empowerment
- Business Process & Requirements
Project Management Tools: MS Project 2013 and 2016, MS Visio 2016, and SharePoint 2016
Applications: Windows 7, Windows 10, HP-UX, Solaris and SUN O/S, Linux, VAX/VMS, and MPE
Operating systems: Microsoft Office Suite 2007, 2010, 2016 including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, Remedy, Quest, HP Service Desk/Radix-OVSD, AHD/USD, Tivoli’s Maestro, PuTTY, Reach Out, PC Anywhere, and Toad for SQL
Confidential, Bakersfield, CA
Project Manager/ Program Manager
- Managed various Infrastructure and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) projects during the last five years for Confidential ’s San Joaquin Valley (SJV) Business Unit, including the following programs/projects:
- Managed the Data Center Migration Program, responsible for moving approximately $6MM dollars’ worth of IT and SCADA network assets, servers, equipment, and storage devices from the old Data Center to new Data Center without any unplanned outages or business disruption.
- Responsible for the Energy Components (EC) software upgrade from application version 9.3 to 11.1.
- Coordinated and assisted the Infrastructure team in planning and deploying an Asset Life Cycle Management (ALCM) upgrade for Cisco 1242 and Cambium PMP100 Radios for Confidential field sites from .
- Managed Global Information Link (GIL) 3.5 Deployment Project for Confidential Corporation in the San Joaquin Valley Business Unit, scope consisted of upgrading approximately 3,200 end-users at 9 office locations to Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010 operating system.
- Coordinated Windows 2003 Server Decommissioning Project with cross-functional departments and team to ensure all Windows 2003 Servers were decommissioned prior to end of support date.
- Lead the 1YDatabase Migration Project to coordinate with application owners and ensure the database was decommissioned before end of life date.
- Managed the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) project for Confidential ’s Policy Government and Policy Affairs (PGPA) department and deployed approximately 80 users to the new application for tracking email correspondences with public and state agencies.
- Participated in Phase Gate meetings with the Decision Review Board (DRB) and SJV Business Unit Stakeholders to gain buy in and support through each phase of the project.
- Supervised and mentored various project teams consisting of approximately 7 to 25 business partners and Confidential employees providing coaching and leadership opportunities during the project.
- Led daily touch point team meetings, monitored deployment execution, and reviewed metrics to mitigate issues and risks.
- Held weekly meetings with project sponsors and business unit stakeholders presenting dashboards for project progress and deployment execution statistics.
- Conducted process improvement sessions with deployment team to maintain quality and deployment execution run rate at field locations.
- Facilitated project lookback and lessons learned sessions at the end of each project to document things that went well and things that could be improved on in similar future projects.
Confidential, Woodlawn, MD
Project Manager/Work Order Manager
- Managed several different projects for the Social Security Administration (SSA) including a Microsoft Exchange Assessment, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Technical Tools Study, and Thunderhead NOW Leading Practices and Technical Tools Study.
- Supervised staff of 16 sub-contractors in supporting and implementing IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository, RedHAT JBoss and FUSE, as well as the Thunderhead application for SSA.
- Assisted in reporting, planning, and tracking team deliverables and milestones.
- Coordinated with clients and project teams to make sure project was tracking according to schedule and on budget.
- Lead team and worked with clients and project stakeholders to make sure deliverables met client expectations and requirements.
- Created weekly status reports and attended monthly and weekly meetings with clients.
- Helped conduct business process improvement sessions with SSA Project Managers and Exchange Team Leads to understand areas of concerns and document business requirements.
- Coached and mentored sub-contractor staff regarding issues and concerns at the client site and recommended and advised of solutions while dealing with project stakeholders and team leads.
- Worked with sub-contracting companies to mitigate resource scheduling issues.
- Helped create task order and work order proposals for each project team.
PMO Team Lead
- Served as technical team lead for the Project Management Office (PMO) on the SSA Program.
- Worked on several operational roles on the PMO team to help start up the SSA Program.
- Created and maintained Project Plans for the SSA Program to track program and project budgets including resource cost, loaded cost rates, margins, etc.
- Helped build and maintain Confidential ’s PMO SharePoint site.
- Trained and mentored several analysts on the team.
- Wrote standard operating procedures for daily, weekly, and monthly time keeping activities.
- Tracked resource PII data through roll-on and roll-off SharePoint lists.
- Helped track Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, and remaining resource hours and billing expenses for sub-contractors.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Project Planner & Controller
- Contributed in several different functional roles on the Global Information Link 3 (GIL 3) Project; scope consisted of deploying 80,000 enterprise users from the Windows XP to the Windows Vista platform, while decommissioning the Windows XP platform.
- Assisted in planning, scheduling, and creating project plans to make sure the GIL3 Project finished on time and under budget.
- Helped set project requirements and tracked team deliverables.
- Facilitated weekly project team and table meetings holding business unit representatives and team members accountable for weekly progress reports.
- Recruited to work on special advisory team and help revamp Confidential ’s enterprise wide I.T. Asset Management Strategy.
- Facilitated workshops and business process improvement sessions to local and remote asset management teams to improve processes and procedures for tracking of IT assets (laptops, desktops, peripherals, etc.) within Confidential .
- Helped create central SharePoint site to track initial asset management repository.
- Assisted in conducting and documenting gap analysis of current versus future state of IT Assets.
- Documented and helped develop and implement process improvements that allowed Confidential to better track and manage its I.T. assets and saved the company over $217K
Asset Manager/ Project Manager
- Responsible for managing I.T. assets and inventory for the Americas South Region, overseeing the movement of approximately $5MM dollars’ worth of assets within the company.
- Supervised local and remote asset management teams consisting of 15 contractors
- Forecasted I.T. asset supply and demand using in-house applications FADS, WAM, and local asset management databases; projecting number of units needed for remaining deployments at each site.
- Presented and facilitated weekly status meetings to Confidential 's Leadership team.
- Created weekly dashboard reports and metrics to provide visibility on IT Asset Management statistics, deployments, and decommissioning efforts.
Coordinator/I.T. Project Coordinator
- Managed and maintained application inventory project for the Energy Technology Company within Confidential consisting of more than 2000 applications and 3000 end-users.
- Supervised testing efforts for the deployment of Windows Vista to make sure all applications used within ETC were tested and certified prior to deployment.
- Developed project plans and ensured milestones were met according to schedule.
- Tracked application issues, risks, and areas of concerns by working with applications owners and external vendors to resolve issue after deployment.
- Part of the Application Readiness Network, working across Operating Companies (OpCos) within Confidential to create policies, procedures, and guidelines in migrating applications enterprise-wide to Windows Vista.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Second level application support engineer for energy and utility customers.
- Managed first-level application support team in India making sure releases, patches, and customer issues get resolved within required SLA.
- Monitored and processed data files, sending output to energy clients, and uploading to the ISO before scheduled daily deadline.
- Tested, debugged, and provided software patches/releases for E&U clients.
- Liaised with customers, QA team, developers, and functional analysts to troubleshoot and resolve software defects.
Confidential, Houston, TX
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Provided primary and secondary level support for HP internal customers maintaining over 3000 HP-UX and LINUX systems in a 24/7 operations environment.
- Responsible for UNIX system management including modifying file systems, clearing up disk space, memory bottlenecks, and resolving hardware issues affecting servers while escalating more complex issues to backline support.
- Rebooted and halted servers for inaccessible boxes, patching of systems, firmware upgrades, and end-user requests.
- Responsible for password administration including resetting, changing, and removing locks on accounts.
- Performed ioscans to check faulty hardware/devices on Disk Arrays (SCSI & Fiber Channel), SAN, HP Auto RAID File servers and DLT tape drives.
MPE Level1 Support
- Provided end-to-end MPE Platform Support for customers using various in-house ticketing systems.
- Resolved hardware problems on MPE systems such as backups, disk space issues, background job failures, performance, and memory problems.
- Executed group account administration using HP's internal Code of Conducts.
- Performed Stores/Restores for internal HP customers.
- Investigated root cause for down servers and login via remote access to bring revenue generating systems back up to production.
- Analyzed, Troubleshot, and solved job abends/ failures, hardware and software issues using HP Openview's ITO Browser.
- Managed 150,000 schedules/jobs using Tivoli’s Maestro Scheduling Agent.
- Monitored trouble tickets using Remedy (BLT) tracking, Quest, VCCE, and OVSD.
- Resolved MPE, UNIX, VMS issues as frontline support and escalate further issues to Level 1 MPE and UNIX.