- A disciplined and accomplished development, data, and information Program, Project, and Development Manager recognized for competent and resourceful management abilities, including:
- Customer service focused and collaborative; extensive experience working with business partners and technicians; previous experience as a software developer
- Effective integrator, communicator, negotiator; excellent verbal and written skills, communicating effectively with all management levels, leading and coaching cross - functional teams, and managing external vendors
- Proven track record of on time delivery; converts strategies into deliberate plans with discrete roadmaps, projects, and deliverables
- Management of scope and multi-year timelines, translation of business needs to well-defined requirements, managing multiple priorities in dynamic environments, effectively tracking project dependencies, identifying risks and resolving issues from project initiation through deployment
- Skilled at operating in a wide range of platforms, designing and implementing technical solutions; customization and implementation of vendor packages
- Budget management including estimating, forecasting, and reconciliation
- Comfortably and effectively leading virtual teams/remote reports, including off-shore resources
- Strong analytical skills; ability to organize and synthesize complex information
- Progressively responsible and varied experience with positions held as Program/Project Manager, Software Development Manager, Product Manager, Software Consultant, and Programmer/Analyst.
- Industries include Financial Services (Banking and Securities Brokerage), Publishing (digital and print), Retail, and Insurance (Health and Dental).
SDLC, Agile, RUP, Waterfall, RUP, JIRA, Confluence, Clarity, Remedy, ServiceNow, Documentum, STAMP, Planview, WebSphere, Oracle, SQL/Server MS/SQL,, SOA, Web Services, XML, .Net, HTML, Java Script, J2EE, Spring, Struts framework, Active Directory, SharePoint, Microsoft Suite, MS Project, Visio, COBOL, TSO/ISPF, MVS & VM JCL, IBM DB2, IBM VSAM.
- Created detailed project work breakdown schedule for a 120-day progression of conversion of co-branded VISA credit card, development of private label card, customer acquisition, and card loyalty rewards program.
- Developed detailed test schedules and lead Settlement and Reconciliation testing execution with vendors (ADS, Verifone, Chase) and WSI eComm, DTC, and Retail channels.
- Vendor management: Verifone, Alliance Data Services, Barclays Bank.
- Utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Software Development Manager
- Development, integration, enhancement, maintenance, and maintaining availability of a highly-customized suite of vendor publishing applications
- Worked directly with technical and business senior leadership teams to introduce and apply current methodologies, best practices, and processes for a variety of disciplines, including requirements gathering, project management, software development, production support, change management
- Development of technical standards and implementation of cross-organizational processes to facilitate error-free implementations
- Administrative management including work queue prioritization and assignments, cross-functional team building, extensive use of SharePoint as the “face” of our group and document repository, staff development, coaching and mentoring, and performance management; vendor management.
- Providing project management leadership and services across organizations for strategic projects
- Initiated a collaborative effort, partnering with Product Development senior leadership, to identify and document Attorney Editors’ “pain points” that negatively impacted their technical production environment. Most significantly, analysis of these issues culminated in pinpointing improper configuration of the content management system (EMC Documentum). Lead the subsequent effort to correct and tune the environment, resulting in greatly improved performance and signification reduction of a huge backlog of help desk tickets.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior eSystems Project Manager
- Allow customers to schedule future dated payments to their eligible card accounts from their WF Confidential (“on us”) or from an account held at another financial institution (“off us” via Inter-FI transfer)
- Payments can be created, viewed, edited or deleted via Online Banking or Mobile applications (Mobile phone (iPhone or Android), Tablet (iPad or Android), or WF.com
- Project team consists of 90+ members, across 5 time zones, both on and off-shore, full time and contract resources
- Enabled delivery of online tax documents
- Provided customers with the ability to set their tax documents delivery ps (online, paper, or online & paper) via a redesigned Delivery Ps UI
- Redesigned the Available Tax Documents UI organizing tax documents by year, product line, type, and providing masked account number information via the link to the document thus enabling customers with multiple documents to quickly find a specific document
- Project team consisted of 150+ members working across 5 time zones, both on and off-shore, full time and contract resources
- For phase 1 of the Online Banking MSR Redesign project, implemented a significantly enhanced pdf report utilizing the Adobe LiveCycle platform (PaaS); previous version was created in iText.
- Infrastructure component: Managed custom scripting work to automate the platform’s administrative functions and create repeatable processes across all Adobe LiveCycle environments (Dev, SIT, QA, Prod) because out-of-the-box GUI lacked audit functions and could not be integrated with internal standard deployment tools.
- Satisfied the OCC Regulation E second form of documentation requirement by providing additional transaction details in the form of the OBS terminal ID and store location, both in online banking Account Activity and on the Confidential periodic monthly statements, for online banking customers that perform electronic fund transfers via Online Banking Stations (OBS).
- Created new transaction descriptors for OBS-originated EFT transactions; impacted approximately 17 internal systems.
- Infrastructure project moving the Business Events (BEV) data stream off an outdated batch processing platform and onto a new MQ platform.
- Acquired and deployed 10 new servers (Sun Enterprise T5240, Solaris 10, Veritas Cluster 5.0 mp3, MQ Server 7.0; supporting Production, Production Staging, Performance Testing, & DEV/PIT/SIT environments). Implemented new MQ and supporting connectivity.
- Applications design, development, and testing to support both the online banking and data warehouse environments
- Managed $1.5 million budget
- Secure infrastructure/development project to allow authenticated customers to move seamlessly from their secure online banking session to a Rewards session without the need for separate authentication at the vendor’s site.
- Utilized SAML 2.0 to authenticate the third-party application
- Utilized SIMS (Wells Fargo’s Fraud Services) fingerprint navigation logic, creating a new message called by the IdP in order to compare the fingerprint during return navigation to the session login fingerprint
- Migration from previous credit/debit card Rewards loyalty group vendor to the new vendor.
- Managed vendor relationship for DCG systems, coordinating design, development and testing efforts, including the design of the vendor’s Wells Fargo-branded site.
- Coordinated SSL s for vendor’s site and vendor’s travel vendor.
- Allows retail online banking customers to personalize their credit/debit cards with their own photos
- Allows business online banking customers to customize their credit/debit cards with their company logo, slogan and/or photograph; vendor-hosted (SaaS).
- Coordinated the design and development of both OLB and vendor’s customer web interfaces
- Migrated 5 online retail consumer credit card functions off of the Repartee system and on to MQ; included 1) Order SUPERCHECKS, 2) Change PIN Number, 3) Order Additional Cards, 4) Change Payment Due Date, and 5) ACH Recurring Payments
- Corresponding business customer functionality remained on Repartee and was later converted to
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Product/Project Manager
- Authored the Vision document and Business Requirements
- Designed the related user-interfaces and authored the content for schwab.com
- Designed the wireframes for enhancements to the Client Central desktop application.
- Partnered with the development teams (schwab.com and mainframe) to design, develop and test the supporting database structure and fulfillment batch system
- Communicated daily with the vendors to escalate and resolve issues related to SOW, fulfillment, etc..
- Coordinated co-branding of the hardware token and designed the product packaging
- Authored the content and designed the instructional package insert included with each token
- Created the “Security Tokens Service Guide” and other in-house documentation
- Participated in creating service materials and conducted in-house sessions
- Significant participation in developing the business requirements documentation
- Developed the messaging content and designed the UIs for all schwab.com FDS intervention screens.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
IT Resource Manager, Business Analysis
- Managed the IT Business Analysis and Technical writing team (13 direct reports) in a highly matrixed organization
- Led weekly meeting of IT directors and project managers to review project priorities and assign appropriate resources to IT projects
- Established and taught the team usage of business analysis “best practices”
- Socialized SDLC practices and procedures amongst management, peers, direct reports and business partners
- Initiated and led the team effort to develop and deliver templates for Scope, Business Requirements and Traceability Matrix documents, supporting the new SDLC
- Hired, trained, coached, and mentored staff and contractors, setting team goals and objectives, and writing employees’ annual performance evaluations
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Managed high performance development team providing 24x7 production support for high availability online and batch Trading Systems applications including: Messaging to and from Exchanges Fixed Income (treasuries, bonds, UITS, DTCC, GSCC, NSCC, MBSCC), Purchase & Sales, Schwab Institutional Upbeat (supports FA trading)
- Managed the recovery response to all Trading Systems outages, nightly batch process failures
- Prioritized, assigned, and supervised development work for maintenance and enhancement queues
- Administrative management duties included quarterly and annual performance reviews, team building inclusive of full-time and contract resources