- An accomplished servant leader with extensive knowledge in agile principles, values and practices.
- Expert Confidential driving the adoption and enforcement of scrum practices, removing impediments and fostering self - organization.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life cycle working in Agile disciplines.
- Adept Confidential leveraging agile methods with business initiatives to deliver quantifiable results that are sustainable.
- An advocate for change, creating an environment of continuous improvement, challenging the status quo and developing a compelling case for change.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Servant Leadership
- Conflict Resolution
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stakeholder Management
- Relative Sizing/Story Pointing
- Scrum/Kanban/Extreme Programming (XP)
- Agile Manifesto
- Burn Down Chart
- Burnup Chart
- Team Velocity tracking
- Iteration/Sprint Planning
- Continuous Improvement
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Process Optimization
- Backlog Refinement
- Team Velocity Tracking
Agile PM Tools: Jira, Rally, VersionOne, TFS, Rational, Redmine
Software Applications: AWS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Hyperion, Cognos, NetSuite, Caliber, Visio
Databases: MS SQL Server, Postgress SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Hbase, Cassandra, SharePoint
Operating Systems: Windows Server, UNIX, LINUX, Chrome, Mac OS, Solaris
Senior Scrum Master
- Facilitating team scrum events (Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective) and making sure there’s full team engagement.
- Helping the product owner manage the product backlog by making sure that user stories are regularly groomed, prioritized by business value and are sprint ready.
- Ensuring teams have clearly defined and enforced Definition of Ready (DOR) & Definition of Done (DOD).
- Identifying and removing impediments to teams works progress.
- Making sure the team’s work is visible and progress is radiated to the team and key stakeholders using metrics like burn-down, burn-up, team velocity and defect summary reports.
- Shielding the team from interruptions and removes obstacles that may impact the delivery of the product.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Assisting teams with creating an environment that fosters transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed.
- Coaching teams on agile good practices such as time-boxing, inspect and adapt, continuous integration, transparency, accountability, Jira tracking, team empowerment and role .
- Participating in the running of Scrum of Scrum meetings to ensure the coordination and integration of output from the various teams by removing team impediments.
- Attending PI Planning to help identify team dependencies, risks and objectives for the upcoming Program Increment.
- Helping the organizations solve problems rather than providing solutions. Monitoring the pulse and moral of the teams, influencing the team spirit and creating excitement around deliverables.
- Facilitated daily scrum meetings, Backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
- Radiated information and ensured that team's progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholder and scrum team.
- Facilitated discussions and conflict resolution while empowering team to self-organize.
- Provided all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, leading by example.
- Prevented distractions by identifying and removing impediments.
- Support Product Owner with grooming and maintaining product backlogs.
- Mentored and coached scrum teams on product backlog estimation and acceptance criteria definition.
- Helped teams to solve problems rather than providing solutions.
- Monitored the pulse and moral of the teams, influencing the team spirit and creating excitement around the deliverable.
- Improved transparency by sharing team progress through Burn down and Team velocity charts.
- Facilitated scrum meetings (sprint release planning, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives and daily stand-ups).
- Collaborated with product owners on developing, updating, prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Conducted working sessions and planning meetings for User Stories elaboration and decomposition
- Removed team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team member to focus on the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Ensured timely updates by regularly communicating project status and progress to management and executives.
- Coach team on making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Made sure stakeholders were engaged and expectations had been set regarding their involvement and participation.
- Worked with delivery teams to mitigate impediments and ease the entire development process.
- Ensured the development team is worked efficiently towards sprint goals.
- Ensured Scrum Team’s adherence to agile practice through one on one coaching and retrospectives
- Successfully guided two cross-functional development teams through transition from waterfall to agile development.
- Serve as liaison between business and stakeholders in order to understand and document d Confidential needs.
- Analyzed IT project requirements and prepared requirements documentation.
- Contributed to various types of testing that include unit and UAT.
- Wrote documents and user guides, and facilitated for staff.
- Delivered weekly key status updates to key stakeholders.