- Defined and implemented IT portfolio management governance, framework and processes so that IT program/project managers can follow standard approach for planning and management
- A Program/ Sr. Project Manager with 15+ years of experience with Information Technology, including; Strategic and Project Planning, Systems Analysis, Financial Forecasting and Actual Commitments Report, Quality Control along with Planning and Scheduling using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Early adoption of Agile principles and provided support for teams to become more Agile/Lean by coaching, and reinforcement about the process such as Scrum ceremonies, standup meetings, sprint planning and product backlog
- Managed Web Portal and software development and maintenance with a proven record of delivery of High Volume Internet/Intranet applications, within budgetary constraints in diverse industries, including: Financial, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance and Utility
- Managed large complex projects with teams of Employees, Consultants, Vendor Subcontractors and Offshore Contractors in such areas as Risk Management, Investment Banking, Pharmaceuticals and Utilities
Senior Project/Program Manager
- Support overall financial management, working with Project Management and Leadership team to align financial planning with client business and firm objectives and goals
- Coordinate IT strategy, IT roadmap and IT annual planning discussion to help project planning, resource management, prioritization and manage any high risk/issue which needs mitigation and resolution
- Coordinate with offshore vendors for the implementation of a submitter/requestor portal and workflow for the review by the firm’s Attorney for services such as draft and contractual documents, providing legal advice covering client service delivery and client support function
- Manage large and complex projects from initiation to closing for the Risk Management Organization area to ensure compliance with the Firm’s audit and regulatory policies
Senior Project/Program Manager/Consultant
- Responsible and accountable for a large scale project with 6 external vendors (including offshore) and several NYL infrastructure groups to codify NYL life underwriting rules.
- The new application enabled the firm to provide their clients with underwriting decision in real - time, which was a first for NYL and would make the underwriting process more cost-efficient and improve client services. The implementation included: collaboration with Swiss Re for Magnum Pure automated underwriting engine, Stone River ARES, which maintained the records for the underwriting cases. MIB, RX and MVR, which provided the customer’s medical and motor vehicle information.
Senior Project/Program Manager
- Responsible for and accountable for coordinating the implementation of Pay by Text, which enabled Confidential customers to register their mobile phones to approve payments via an established bank account. This new channel would provide Confidential customers with additional options for making a payment, which would benefit customer satisfaction, as well as company financials.
- Responsible for and accountable for the coordination management of the Tangible Property Compliance Tax Account implementation, in order to comply with IRS issued guidelines.
- Conducted and scored the RFP process to select a vendor from the Big 4 accounting firms.
- Directed the coordination of the study involving the selected vendor, as well as all SME from various departments, including: SAP, GIS, Work Bench system, etc. to identify the gaps in the current system.
- Collaborated with the external vendors for the implementation and configuration of an Outbound Dialing System that allowed the Collection Operation team to perform Predictive Dialing in order to increase the utilization rate of the collections agents.
- Responsible for and accountable for the coordinated management of the implementation of Portfolio Management Package (PMP) service with an external vendor to improve the collections strategy decisions and recovery management of distress accounts.
- Utilized HPP-PM to present periodic Dashboard reports on the current projects, including: Financial Report, Project Status, Project Health, and Project Risk and Issues.
- Improved the Project Management planning and processes by adopting CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) methodologies to reduce rework, decrease cost and improve on time delivery.
Interactive Project Manager
- Responsible for and accountable for the coordinated management of the award winning web site by working with the business partners and other stakeholders, development team and QA team to identify project scope, business requirement, resource requirement, budget estimate and project time line.
- Managed the development of individual web sites for over 2,000 individual Financial Profession from the initiation phase to the closing phase following the PMO defined guidelines and SDLC methodology.
- In addition, maintained the project documentation in Wiki and Jive for the dissemination to stakeholders, as well as receiving feedback.
- Effectively communicated expectations to the stakeholders, tracked and reported on project milestone and provided weekly status reports to the project sponsor, as well as senior management.
- Conducted the analysis for all change requests to determine the potential impact for project time line, resource requirement and project budget.
- Planned the remediation of IT and business systems impacted by the Federal mandated change from ICD-9 to codes to ICD-10 code set.
- Identified the dependencies between application both internal and external to ensure that the required work streams (groups of application) were remediated in the same schedule.
- Coordinated with the internal and external application owners (and vendors) to ensure that their remediation efforts coincided with the domains and cross domain testing schedule.
- Monitored the remediation work and provided weekly status reports pertaining to any significant issues and risk, as well as the program schedule and budget per the EPMO office standard.
Senior Project Manager /Technical Campaign Manager
- Partnered with the Business/Marketing Manager and Fulfillment group to understand the campaign goals and defined the business requirements and technical specifications.
- Coordinated the submission and follow-up of all web site content and fulfillment material to ensure compliance with both internal and the external regulatory requirements.
- Provided costs and timelines for web build, campaign build and testing. Also, ensured that all deliverables and risks were identified, integrated and managed from project initiation through project implementation.
- Managed the SDLC of the product web sites, as well as the Confidential US portal web site development using offshore development and QA teams. Additionally, worked with the external vendors that provided creative concepts and content for the web sites.
- Utilized Microsoft SharePoint to collaborate with the stakeholder’s project artifacts and to obtain their sign off of required documents. Also, archived project documents in accordance with PMO methodology.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
Senior Project Manager
- Executed the standardize procedures of Project Control and Services for multiple projects in line with a highly structured Project Management Office, from the initiation stage to closing.
- Managed the transition of several end to end processing for the Medicare Part D PDPs to a new vendor, which included the following:
- Enrollment form receipt and processing, enrollment interface with CMS, enrollment discrepancy identification and resolution, disenrollment management and final transmission to Confidential of an accurate eligibility file to support claims adjudication for both group and individual business.
- Member fulfillment (including but not limited to Exhibit letters, enrollment confirmation, discrepancy resolution).
- Customer service activities related to the above (enrollment, reconciliation, premium billing).
- Analyzed and defined the project plans, including tasks and time lines to enhance the applications that provided enrollment and the eligibility plan benefit inquiry and update/maintenance capabilities for Medicare D via the web.
- Also coordinated team meetings and project schedules and provided ‘Tasks Look Ahead’ reports to Senior Managers and Business Executives to ensure that issues and risks were mitigated at our weekly PMO meeting.
Project Manager /Business Analyst
- Document the business requirements and workflow requirements to improve their system of monitoring and auditing each printing job request from sales person request to shipping details. Upon implementation this should decrease the time for job completion as provide senior management with precise data for the status of each job.
- Define and update projects plan for the Process Flow and Optimization of current procedures.
- As well as present weekly summary reports on the current project status and risks to senior managers.
Program Manager/Technical Project Manager
- Managed the SDLC process for multiple large and small scale development for the enhancement and maintenance of our company Wealth Management web site. ( https://onlineservices. Confidential .com/olsauth/public/SiteTour/landing.html)
- Performed the cross functional collaboration with multiple business teams in the design, planning and implementation of enhancement for the Wealth Management Online Services web sites. It provided a ‘road map’, participating in solution analysis, prototyping, writing business requirements and detail project plan for selected projects.
- Performed the periodical system assessments and maintain infrastructure growth plan for Wealth Management Online Services web sites to meet the current SLA (Service Level Agreement) and capacity needs, as well as satisfy other business objectives, including: high availability (24/7), system reliability and disaster recovery planning and procedures.
- Implemented the composite content on Confidential Online portal for our financial clients along with personalized view for each individual user. Additionally, provided business users with the mechanism to publish content on the Online portal directly and launch it 24/7 using built in workflow procedures.
- Developed the training materials and operation documentation to provide 24/7 application and infrastructure support (including all network event) of the applications with escalation procedures to respond promptly to any technical issues for application failures, hard ware failures, network failure, etc. in order to mitigate any down time or slow response of the web sites.
- Created an incident report for all reported failure and included action items to prevent any future occurrence.