- Over 8 years of progressive IT industry experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, Project Coordination, IT Consulting and Software Application Development & Maintenance in diverse domains including Insurance, Financial Services and Banking with focus on technology and quality process initiatives.
- Extensive experience in leading Development and Maintenance teams employing the Scrum Framework and Agile Methodologies.
- Having been a part of multiple agile projects functioned as Business Analyst in executing the projects with strong emphasis and conformance to the Scrum framework.
- Demonstrated experience over the years in coordinating and being part of the Scrum Ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand - up, Sprint Retrospective and Sprint Review.
- Coordinated with the Product Owner and Development team in maintaining and grooming the Product Backlog & Sprint Backlog.
- Excellent domain knowledge in Insurance/Financial-Services & Automobile/Manufacturing sectors and functioned as a Business Analyst for enhancement and development projects.
- Excellent analytical, business analysis and trouble-shooting skills along with the quick learning ability of any new tools/technologies/functionalities.
- Extensively worked on Estimations and Analyses for enhancement and development projects and have been actively involved in and handled all the phases of SDLC.
- Extensive experience and focus on Business/Project requirements management, organizational needs, defining project scope, building project plan, coordinating development activity across teams and also evaluating, recruiting and onboarding resources.
- Extensive experience in Project Development Life Cycle and implementation of projects with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and Waterfall methodologies.
- Functioned as Business Analyst in projects comprising of ETL and Web technologies viz. IBM Mainframe, Informatica, Java, SQL, UNIX, Oracle, Manual and Automated Testing.
Database: Mainframe, DB2, MS SQL Server, TOAD, Oracle, MS Access, COBOL, Informatica PowerCenter
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, MS Visio, MS SharePoint
Testing: ALM, Load Runner, BIE, Quick Test Pro, Selenium
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, RAD, RUP, Waterfall, SAFE
Other Tools: Salesforce, JIRA, SAP, SaaS, Rally, HP Quality Center (QC)
Programming: R programming, Python, VB Script, HTML 5
IT PROJECT MANAGER
Skills & Environment: BMC Remedy, SAP, Agile, Scrum, MS Office, SharePoint, SDLC environment, MS Visio, SQL, MS Project
- Managed the “Grid Modernization” project, where the objective was to establish Grid Cybersecurity as a Service Enclave, Grid 2 Planning and Integration and Field Area Network Integration
- Lead the Constraint Management System project consisting of various technology categories namely: SCADA RTU, Applications Modelling and Hyperion.
- Led the project from inception to implementation and had been responsible for building the Scrum teams from ground up.
- Conducted stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project needs and resource requirements.
- Responsible for evaluating, recruiting, and onboarding the right talent required for the project primarily based on experience, attitude, aptitude and keenness to learn.
- Established a new self-organizing scrum team by on agile fundamentals and coaching team for sustaining changes introduced. Implemented agile process for re-platforming, re-hosting data projects by team to use Jira. Built a cross-functional team for the project comprising of Developers of varied technologies, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Testers.
- Closely worked with the teams at individual level during the Forming and Storming phases of the team building to ensure any unwarranted impediments amongst the individuals are discarded so that the teams and project can run seamlessly.
- Led the team through complex and critical issues at multiple occasions providing solutions and coordinating with the clients to ensure continuity of Business without any Service Level Agreement (SLA) miss/slippage.
- Coached the project team on Agile and Scrum principles emphasizing on self-organizing and constantly strived to harness the team towards the Project Vision at every level of the project, in each sprint.
- Coached the Business stakeholders and Product Owners on Agile and Scrum principles as and when required and on the updated technologies the project was adopting, thereby having the IT and Business teams on the same page.
- Managed the performance improvement initiative and periodically presented to Clients on such initiatives arrived at by collaborating with the team of cross-functional individuals viz. developers, analysts, testers and support systems.
- Managed Playbook updates and reporting of task and milestone completions.
- Developed and manage project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, and project milestones. Delivered project needs on time and within the agreed acceptance criteria.
- Reported progress to all stakeholders through Sprint Burn-Down Reports, Iteration Burn-Down Reports, and velocity target updates.
- As a part of the Operational Readiness, Transition and Deployment activities, managed and coordinated releases.
PROJECT MANAGER / SCRUM MASTER
Skills & Environment: Agile, Scrum, MS Office, SharePoint, SAP, BMC Remedy, SDLC environment, MS Visio, SQL
- Managed the Remedy Phase II project where the objective was to enhance Configuration Management capabilities by building additional relationships in Remedy CMDB, provide support for realignment of Remedy Change Management implementation with ITIL standards and provide support for integration between Remedy and CA Spectrum (Tool).
- Managed two other projects (Substation Automation and Common Substation Platform) for the Grid Improvisation.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums or Standups, Sprint Check-In, Sprint Review & Retrospective.
- Coordinated with systems partners to finalize designs and formalize requirements Utilized Story. Sizing and Planning Poker techniques as needed based on the length of the backlog and priorities.
- Operated in three-week sprints with flexibility on length based on immediate functionality concerns.
- Collaborated with internal partners to build input-focused project plans for of key measures
- Led the Release Management process of the Remedy coordinating the release of projects carried out by multiple smaller Scrum teams.
- Led and facilitated the “Scrum of Scrums” events where the Scrum Masters convene to assess the project development and where we are with respect to the Project Vision by reviewing the definition of Done for the teams involved.
- Worked on the Standard Operation procedures for different departments within the organization and developed new process flows for their respective areas.
SR. BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST / SCRUM MASTER
Skills & Environment: Agile, Scrum, Rally, JIRA, Clarity, HP Quality Center, MS Office, Mainframe, DB2, SharePoint, SQL, Informatica Power Centre, Load Runner, ALM, MS Visio, VBA.
- Responsible for owning the overall design of assigned technical projects (custom or product strategy) as well as recommended best practices for solutions based on client business needs.
- Experience in strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements.
- Responsible for writing technical specifications (for custom development, system integration, etc.) based on interactions directly with the customer and professional services team.
- Documented specifications in a precise manner and delegated some work to fellow team members such as developers, consultants, or product support / documentation.
- Engaged in best practice development initiatives, provided thoughtful leadership, and familiarity with proven cloud solutions that supported vertical objectives.
- Worked effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members and customers.
- Shared similar mentality as existing team members toward customer satisfaction and success oversees and took accountability for the successful completion of all aspects of assigned project work.
- Exercised independent judgment and took the lead role on an enterprise level project with minimal direction from a director or engagement manager.
- Effectively facilitated meetings, demonstrated brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interacted with executive level project sponsors.
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively prepare and maintain the Business Process, Process Flow Analysis, Product Architecture and Design Best Practices documents.
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills like: Set deadlines for Project Team Members, assigned responsibilities and directed work of the Project Team Members, monitored progress, and follows-ups, provided respectful feedback, escalated where necessary, analyzed/identified areas of risk and developed plans to minimize those.
- Effectively used the knowledge of implementation and configuration of enterprise systems such as CRM, PSA, or ERP.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and took a leadership role when necessary.
- Gathered detailed business requirements and effectively document them using various documents such as the BRD, RTM (Requirements Traceability Document), Screen Mock-Ups and develop detailed use cases and information flows.
- Partnered with IT Project Managers and Business stakeholders to identify business goals; document current state business/technical processes and data flows; document future state processes and data flows; document gap analysis between current state and future state.
- Engaged in project initiation activities such as developing the Project Charter, Project Scope and assisting the management in resource and budget estimation.
- Lead discussions and design sessions involving the appropriate resources in decisions concerning UIs, data flows, data integrity, data integration, system integrations, business process reengineering and project phasing.
- Coordinated and tracked all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA.
- Create team specific agile process flow in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another.
- Facilitated daily scrum meetings, weekly stakeholder meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospective meetings and sprint planning.
- Performed As-Is and Gap analysis to develop detailed current business process flow diagrams and use those as the base to develop efficient to-Be business processes.
- Maintained the backlog and release plan with product owners and radiated artifacts and information to ensure that all the stakeholders are fully informed about team’s successes and risks and getting what they wanted.
- Worked with product owners and cross-functional teams to groom the backlog, facilitating answers to questions, reviewing and accepting user stories and maintaining working agreements.
- Performed requirement walk through with the QA and offshore development teams to transfer the knowledge of the business requirements.
- Managed business requirements change requests that arose during the design and construction by effectively documenting and communicating them to the QA and development teams.
- Planned projects, metrics, budget, resources, backlogs, risks and artifacts employing JIRA, MS Project, Quality Center, MS Office.
LEAD BUSINESS ANALYST
Skills & Environment: HP Quality Center, ClearQuest, Remedy, Waterfall, Agile, Rally, Scrum, HP Quality Center, MS Office, SQL, Informatica Power Centre, Salesforce, Tableau, SharePoint, Load runner, MS Visio, VBA.
- Actively engaged in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Assisted in rewriting Credit Card Origination middleware service to replace existing batch interface to Card Services with one to the real-time SOAP service, which supports instant decision of credit card applications. Coordinated and owned release readiness review and release milestone reviews across multiple projects.
- Prepared BRD’s for various SWIFT payments and analyzed and resolved issues if any on the transactions between the clearing house, confirmations, settlements or post settlements team.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Gathered business requirements using various methods such as brainstorming, Interviews etc. and documented the Business Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Requirement Traceability Documents, developed detailed use cases and information flows and communicated them across various project teams.
- Assisted in creating data mapping document to determine gaps between existing and future system.
- Assisted and coordinated in the project management activities throughout the SDLC phases right from its initiation to its implementation.
- Interacted with SMEs of different divisions (Information Technology, Risk and Operations) and established a business analysis and design methodology around RUP (Rational Unified Process).
- Managed the team project budget and resource hours and cost forecast, managed project cost and prepared cost accruals.
- Utilized 80-20 rule to prioritize and in corporate critical features. Used Time-Boxing techniques to finish within set time frames.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Conducted data analysis and data validation by writing and executing complex queries in SQL.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
- Closely worked with projects through all the phases liaising with all stakeholders for smooth release of the projects.
SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
Skills & Environment: Waterfall, Agile, Rally, JIRA, ClearQuest, MS Office, SharePoint, SQL, Tableau, HP Quality Centre, ALM, Informatica Power Centre, Load Runner, MS Visio, VBA.
- Lead regular Cross-functional meetings with QA Testers, System Requirement Analysts, Developers, SCRUM Masters to ensure that upcoming activities were clear, issues and defects were addressed and clarification of requirements. This helped drive efficiency in the team and reduce typical project delays by ~50%.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements, created test cases or test scripts and risk-based Test plans.
- Played the role of a Project Liaison with other corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor relationships to drive collaboration and cross-functional requirement meetings.
- Coordinated and tracked all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA.
- Created team specific agile process flows in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another.
- Performed advanced SQL queries for data extraction and validation.
- Extensively used Tableau for Trend Analysis and graphical representation.
- Used ETL tools widely for Data extraction, Transformation, Validation and Loading.
- Acted as a Liaison between the Business and the Technical teams, held Business walkthrough meetings involving SME’s Stakeholders, Project Manager, Developers and QA teams.
- Carried out operations based on the Agile and Waterfall software development models.
- Prepared, analyzed status reports and metrics and used them for testing and other decisions.
- Prepared and managed project estimates depending on the yearly budget and worked on cost accruals and forecast.
- Made Activity and Data flow diagrams for the Development and QA team to graphically show how the system worked and data flowed through the system during the grooming phase. This helped to reduce errors due to misinterpretation by ~70%.
- Developed test cases for UAT testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Provided post production support/analysis and assisted in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and smoke testing.
- Responsible to implement SOX procedures and create a Back out Plan as a part of Production Readiness Review.
- Worked closely with the Financial Accounting group to ensure reported P&L (Strategic PnL Tool) reconciles to actual P&L reported.