- Experienced IT Program and Project Management; strong process orientation with a solid understanding of Project Management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintains a consistent track record of successfully delivering projects with very positive customer, client and peer feedback.
- Qualified, and trained using PMI (PMBOK), Prince2, and Lean methodologies
- Management experience in Greenfield / Brownfield deployments of Data Centers, Call Centers, Network Operation Centers, Global and Domestic communication networks, Security systems and applications.
- Manages projects through all phases of the life cycle, including project initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and post implementation review
- Communicates risks and rewards associated with decisions and actions to stakeholders in business - oriented terms and ensure all controls are in place to sustain risk mitigation.
- Strong facilitation skills, communication with impact, cross functional business and senior stakeholder engagement
- Facilitates across multiple areas (business, operations, technology, key partners) to drive critical change initiatives.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and ability to function superbly in both individual and team environments
- Effective in motivating, coaching and directing multi-disciplined and cross functional teams
- Maintains a high level of integrity and dependability
- Experienced in working within a PMO as a contributor in developing standards and processes for communicating project information to external business units, executive management and project stakeholders; assisted in mapping PMO goals, training curriculums to encompass company’s strategies and initiatives.
- Proficient with MS Office 365 applications; possess excellent verbal, listening, written and presentation skills
Sr. Project Manager - Consultant
- Assisted Program Manager in managing multiple IT infrastructure projects:
- LAN Reliability 2019; ongoing project to replace end of life infrastructure components at various utility sub stations
- Internet Edge B2B; F5 migration project which included conversion of physical servers to virtual servers
- Next Generation Network; engaged engineering SME’s in the development of a new network architecture to convert antiquated TDM network to an newer IP based network for all Confidential sub stations and other related facilities
- Managed technical engineering meetings; stringent and in depth monthly financials cycles; project plans and weekly status reporting
Enterprise ITS Project Manager - Consultant
- Led a multi-million-dollar project for the Public Transit Department.
- Initiated implementation of a new Computer Aided Dispatch-Automatic Vehicle Locator system (CAD/AVL) for the Confidential and the Regional Transit Partners’ buses, ParaTransit vehicles and light rail. Managed Beta and Acceptance testing of “proof of concept” on Mini Fleet
- Coordinated installation and upgrades of telecommunication access with multiple vendors
- Tracked procurement initiatives
- Led testing and final operations transition in preparation for full fleet deployment (1000 vehicles).
- Assisted in coordinated training CAD AVL system for all Transit Operators and SVPs.
- Led technical teams in field and DC implementations; Wi-Fi, Servers, Routers, Switches, CAD AVL hardware and software and Cellular and 800 MHz communications.
IT Program Manager - Consultant
- IT Program Manager responsible for a portfolio of Network infrastructure related projects:
- New IT infrastructure builds, decommissions, large personnel relocation's and other assigned program work streams, including integration of multiple site ACD’s into Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Manager).
- Coordinated all telecommunications installations and upgrades. Multiple vendors.
- Executed and tracked project, budget, project resources, resource time, invoicing, scheduling, and communications.
- Performed due diligence in a highly governmental regulated environment; successful at meeting all project goals, deliverables and business goals and requirements.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
Lead Project Manager
- Directed and coordinated large IT projects relating to:
- Network upgrades and full product deployments: Servers, Routers; Network Switches; Manage Engine, Telecom Services, VoIP; Wi-Fi and Network Security appliances using several different product lines; managed and coordinated Sr. technical engineering teams; interfaced with executive management providing periodic statuses and dashboards.
- Implemented a new SIAU (Shared Internet Access Utility) architecture for 120+ business units; new core telecom infrastructures incorporating CenturyLink / Level 3 Fiber Optic Services at six IBM data centers.
- Coordinated the redesign and the design and implementation of several IT services for Confidential and several Confidential remote clinics.
- Worked with internal network architects on the design and implementation of Cisco network switches and wireless services for several corporate offices and production plants
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
IS Infrastructure Project Manager
- Led key Palo Verde Nuclear Generation Plant projects working closely with sponsors, stakeholders, internal/external technical IT Architects, Network Engineers, Construction and Telecommunications implementation and AV vendors to successfully meet agreed upon project requirements and deliverables; ensured full adherence to all applicable Security and Nuclear Regulatory Corporation requirements.
- Led mission critical technology projects for the Confidential Deer Valley Corporate campus; projects entailed campus communications redesign (Fiber & Copper); hardware and software; VoIP; Wi Fi; Cyber Security (CIP compliance; worked with DevOps on Firewall vulnerability detection by implementing Intrusion Prevention System; AV surveillance); load balancer design and implementation.
- Effectively managed various Sr. Technical Architects, Network Engineers and Field Service support personnel. Received accolades for work performed on several occasions.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Managing Consultant / Sr. Project Manager
- Managed major multi-vendor core systems and related infrastructure designs and deployments for major West Coast Hospitals, Universities, and Airports.
- Directed several PCI compliance (L1-L3) initiatives for various clientele (First Advantage, Tesoro, etc.)
- Managed (regionally and global) implementation of telecommunications services and upgrades of firewalls, load balancers; VPN’s, Network LAN / Desktop Migration and consolidation, O/S standardization, infrastructure builds to meet logical and physical security requirements; facility intrusion systems (ensured IT systems were adequately protected from viruses, Trojans, and other forms of intrusion), coordinated software patching to address vulnerabilities and reviewed and implemented personal ID access and video security monitoring facilities to address physical intrusion attempts.
- Supervised internal department workload; the scheduling of technical consultants; weekly department reporting, project status reviews and project post mortems and project closure; reported on key metrics, issues resolution, risks mitigation plans and budget analysis.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
PCI Compliance Project Manager
- Successfully created and implemented an aggressive 5 month plan to meet corporate PCI compliance goals and Report of Compliance (ROC) certification. Coordinated the implementation of software patches to alleviate any Firewall vulnerabilities where applicable.
- Project completed successfully; ROC submitted and approved for Level 3 compliance.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Sr. IS Project Manager
- Managed aggressive Cisco IPT and PCI related deployment of new Wireless POS infrastructure for 900 PetSmart locations nationally. Acquired contract resources and coordinated several national field service forces to perform implementation and testing of new POS / PCI application.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Senior IT Project Manager
- Managed the design and deployment of an enterprise Global IP database management system for deployment across USA, Asia Pac, and EMEA (Europe). Project completed on time and on budget.
- Managed decommission of 3 DHL facilities and relocation of over 1000 employees to new facilities.
- Coordinated the build and deployment of all IT core Cisco infrastructure components, i.e. VoIP, Wi-Fi, LAN/WAN, Security, and other required infrastructure components of new facilities as well as telecom services.