- A servant leader who has worked as a Certified Scrum Master and Owner of projects on teams at in the commercial mortgage arena and at a federal agency.
- Certified Scrum Master and Business Management professional with over 6 years of hands - on experience in managing projects.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering of strategic, cross-functional, high visible projects within time, cost, scope and quality in accordance with Risk, Architecture and Firm-wide guidelines.
- Have worked in different domains including Financial Service, Commercial Real Estate Mortgage and Asset Management.
- Manage multiple projects employing program/project management processes, methodology and standards for project execution and delivery.
- Lead cross functional project teams to deliver solutions addressing customer requirements, define milestones, resources & schedules.
- Work with multiple & rapidly changing priorities, managing complex interactions with multiple technical teams and business stakeholders spanning different geographies within the company.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that would pose a risk to on-time implementation of programs/projects and lead discussions among technical delivery teams to resolve issues and roadblocks in delivery. Implement Company’s processes for scope/change management, risk management, issue management and quality assurance.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams and multiple resources with different levels of skills and experience across various time zones. Coordinate with different teams in regards to dependencies.
- Proficient in running Scrum ceremonies - Sprint Planning, Sprint, Daily Standup, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Proficient and in-depth knowledge of Sprint metrics such as - Sprint velocity; Sprint burn-down; Release burn-down; committed hours vs actual hours and tracing remaining hours for tasks and Sprint to be on top of progress.
- Close projects effectively through production turnover, documentation of learning and provision of feedback on project resource performance.
- Assist Product Owner in maintaining and prioritizing Product Backlog and facilitate Scrum team in writing and proper sizing of User’s Story.
- Helping teams to understand the acceptance criteria regarding User’s Stories thereby increasing teams’ performance in meeting Sprint Goals.
- Liaison between senior leadership, key stakeholders and technology teams for post implementation support.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills - presenting information, status and issues in a clear and concise manner with the goal of driving to a decision.
- Proven people management skills, combined with exceptional communication, interviewing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Project Manager/Scrum Master - Contract
- Responsible for customer engagement and business development opportunities in the commercial real estate market.
- Developed go-to-market strategy for the commercial real estate application services namely loan evaluation and risk management systems.
- Served as a mentor and a go-to-person for business process re-engineering for the commercial real estate market.
- Working to establish an agile culture as a Certified Scrum Master on multiple projects.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Scrum Master for all Asset management IT solutions working with development teams to continuously improve and update operational systems.
- Supported Product Owner in managing expectations around project deliverables; managed stakeholder communications with appropriate level of detail; participate in definition and implementation of an effective system of project governance, as required.
- Led all scrum ceremonies and events and worked closely with the product owner and business systems analyst to break epics/features into manageable stories and helped develop stories with detailed acceptance criteria. Also, worked with the product owner to groom and prioritize the backlog once the stories were added.
- Assisted and helped the team to groom stories and better understand upstream/downstream of the story while facilitating the teams’ efforts to estimate story points and estimate the efforts in hours for each task.
- Collaborated with the team on all aspects of sprint planning including selection and priority of stories, dependencies, team capacity, acceptance criteria and discussed and determined the development and QA testing.
- Schedule and encouraged participation in all Daily Standups to help the team focus on story progress, commitments and identify any issues that may be an impediment.
- Strived to resolve any roadblocks/impediments and leveraged organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that the dependencies are delivered on time.
- Facilitated and assisted the team during sprint review.
- Worked diligently with the team on maximizing sprint velocity and accurately track burndown for each sprint.
- Organized and facilitated sprint retrospective for each sprint to help the team determine positives, issues and improvements for future sprints. Encouraged the team to identify actions items for improvement based on the team’s experience in the previous sprint.
- Followed-up on the action items through-out the sprint and review them at the next retrospective to determine how the team benefited from them.
- Owned, advocated, and taught Agile (scrum) processes, ensuring that the team is always following the Scrum framework and looked for opportunities to continuously improve.
- Promoted empowerment of the team and assisted to ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; encouraged a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
- Served as an Owner for the development of an Asset Management system which enabled reporting and management capabilities through agile methodologies; helped business with the transformation effort through continuous process improvement initiative.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, streamlining and working on improving business process thereby prioritizing PBI’s and working through sprints while working with various stakeholders and IT development team.
- Worked with IT development team and the Accounting department on Process Re-engineer to be able to present timely costs, revenues, budget tracking and key asset level information thereby saving over a $1M in contractor expenses and increasing timely and accurate decision support.
- Development led to increased Asset Management intelligence, improved decision support by enabling the reduction of human error, accurate expenses and revenue capture in a 24 hour cycle.
- The new system gave the FDIC Senior Management the ability to respond in a timely manner on an asset level to 1,000’s of yearly congressional inquiries with accurate up to date information thereby addressing grievances from congressional constituents within 24 hours as opposed to over 8 days previously.
- As the owner of the process able to realize costs savings of $300K in the budget and reduced development time from 18 months to 10 months by utilizing existing excess IT capacity remotely located.
Confidential, Frisco, Texas
- Fulfilled FDIC contractual requirements on behalf of Prescient as related to REO assets at bank closings and asset management of commercial loans consisting of retail, office, industrial and multifamily collateral.
- Owner for development of an asset management system to satisfy FDIC contractual requirements including reporting and asset level information for timely business decision.
Microsoft Office, Azure for Scrum, Agile, Argus, Jira, Tableau, Access, Oracle Apex.