IT professional with over fifteen years of experience in progressively increasing hands - on technical and leadership roles. Possess a blend of in-depth technical skills with extensive business knowledge and leadership experience. Expertise in leading service-oriented technical teams that balance operational excellence with strategic vision for continued success. Recognized for delivering results that strengthen the success of the business and reduce costs. Extensive experience designing and implementing enterprise networks in diverse environments.
PROFESSIONAL PROFICIENCIES INCLUDE:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective relationship building
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent follow through
- Proven customer service skills
- Comprehensive network security experience
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Proven team leadership experience
- Extensive network architecture experience
- Excellent project management skills
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Applications: Cherwell, Remedy, Cisco ASDM, WireShark, PuTTY, SAP, Oracle, MS Office/Project/SharePoint, Visio, and Smartsheets.
Programming Languages: C++, HTML, PERL, UNIX, Cisco CLI, Basic, Pascal, Assembler, Prolog, and Scheme.
IT Technical Project Manager
- Successfully project-managed IT projects to completion including: the Global IT Network Management Upgrade project, the Global Aruba ClearPass IT Security Single Sign-on project, and the Americas IT Branch Network Infrastructure Upgrade project.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Network Manager / Project Manager
- Utilized the Lean Six Sigma and DMAIC methodologies to reduce the annual IT network/telecom operating budget.
- Project-managed the RFP effort for the successful design and proof-of-concept test for a new global Fortinet SD-WAN project.
- Successfully project-managed the network design and implementation of the JM production/disaster recovery datacenter upgrade project and shutdown three legacy datacenters with no downtime. Delivered benefits in annual operating costs, network speed, network security and future scalability. Achieved annual cost savings of approximately $70,000. Increased network speed of SAP Systems by 10 times and between the datacenters by 40 times with Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, and 2k core switches. Protected network connectivity to datacenters network security taps, firewalls and intrusion prevention sensors. Completed dual gigabit MAN build-out between the primary datacenter, Confidential, and the corporate R&D facility.
- Improved global network availability to four nine’s by project-managing the design and implementation of a fully redundant Verizon Managed MPLS WAN, to include the successful install of Satellite WAN backup systems at 11 JM manufacturing plants. Designed and implemented a global QoS (Quality of Service) policy to support critical SAP traffic and voice/video over the WAN. Led the successful completion of WAN Acceleration project to allow JM Europe personnel quicker access to our internal SAP portal located in Denver.
- Successfully project-managed the network design/implementation for the JM Confidential building renovation project with no downtime to include network cabling/switching, network wireless for 700+ headquarters users, voice conferencing, and new networks supporting lighting, security cameras, card access and cable TV. Reviewed and modified network infrastructure and electrical blueprints.
- Project-managed a smooth network transition for SAP Go-Live at all JM North American plants from . Designed and implemented new global wireless network architecture to support SAP transactions input by wireless forklift trucks and wireless handheld scanners; installed 5 million square feet of wireless at JM plants for automated scanners and print applicators for 43 production lines. Supervised JM's cabling vendor in logging over 4400 man hours in preparation for SAP Go-Live with zero safety violations.
- VPN Remote Access, Plant Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, China Security audit, Incident Response plan, InfoSec policies and Global Physical Security System standards.
- Global Voice Strategy, MeetingPlace 8.5 upgrade, Verizon Voice Circuit Proactive Monitoring, IP Voice Upgrades Project at 11 JM plants to include On-Net IP Voice Calls and SIP trunks, Telecom Expense Management rollout enabling annual cost savings of over $10,000 annually. Successfully managed the Cisco IP Voice Upgrade Project for 700+ end users at JM W HQ and the JMTC R&D facility. This project included: moving 30 Call Center Agents from Avaya BCMS VU to Cisco UCCX, completing Active Directory to Call Manager Integration and installing a new Backup System for all Cisco Voice Servers. Upgraded 4 JM locations to new Cisco IP Voice Systems; upgraded to WebEx 8.5 Voice Teleconference system; upgraded Call Center Rightfax System; upgraded Video Tele-Conferencing to Cisco Tandberg. Successfully exceeded network and voice availability goals in 2010 due to IP PBX upgrades and UPS system installations at multiple JM plants in North America. Successfully managed the conversion of all JM North American Long Distance Voice Services from AT&T to Verizon with an average annual savings of $500,000. Successfully managed the upgrade of JMTC Customer Service UCCX Call Center software to include Auto-Ready feature enhancements without any issues.
- Successfully project-managed the network design and install for a new Solar Roofing Test Product at our JMTC R&D facility.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Network Security Architect / Project Manager
- Design/Configure/Maintain Cisco 4500/6500 Backbone Switches for an Onsite Production Datacenter and a 500+ User Campus; and 2800/3800/7200 series Routers for WAN Core and 40+ Intranet WAN Remote Manufacturing Facilities.
- Design/Implement Network Security on Cisco Routers/Firewalls. Successfully replaced PIX Firewalls with a new ASA Firewalls and migrated multiple physical DMZ’s to logical DMZ’s to enable future flexibility.
- Designed/Implemented Cisco Wireless 4402 Controllers and 1130/1140 Access Point solutions.
- Reduced Telecom Budget by $40,000 annually and Network Internet Access Budget by $10,000 annually.
- Successfully project managed the Verizon Voice Migration Project reducing telecom budget by over $500,000 annually and the Global MPLS WAN/SAP Infrastructure Readiness Upgrade Project to include QoS.
- Project managed the designed and implementation of SCADA ICS (Industrial Control System) Architecture Standards for all JM North American manufacturing plants to include the install of plant firewalls. Connected Honeywell DCS production line systems to JM Corporate networks utilizing new PCN (Process Control Network) Architecture Standards at 8 sites. Implemented network design to connect SAP MII plant floor systems and Wonderware MES plant systems to include the design/install of Rockwell Stratix switches.
- Developed/Implemented Network Switch/Router standards, Remedy Network Change Control and Trouble Ticket Handoff procedures and developed 1st Level Support network troubleshooting guides for the JM IT Helpdesk.
- Designed, configured, & supported Solarwinds, NetScout, Riverbed Shark, and Splunk network management/monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated experience with NAT, VPN, IPSEC, SSL, ACS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, QOS, and SNMP.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Configure/Maintain Cisco Catalyst 6500 Backbone Network and 3COM CB9000 switches for a 3000 User Campus, as well as Cisco 2600/3600/7500 series Routers for Internal/External Client WAN Sites and E-Commerce Internet Connectivity.
- Administer Network Security on Cisco Routers, VPN Concentrators, IDS Sensors and Checkpoint/PIX Firewalls.
- Perform Project Management for Network Infrastructure Projects and Bandwidth Analysis of Network Devices & Circuits.
- Configure/Maintain WhatsUp, MRTG, and HP OpenView Network Management Tools, Extranet Client Network Connectivity Solutions and Network Configuration Standards.