- 16 years of cumulative experience as a Project Manager / Business Analyst Lead.
- Proven skills in Business Analysis, Planning, Process Management, Change Management, Software Development & Front to Back Implementation in diverse business & technical environments, with demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent communication skills
- Accurately understand the business and technical implications involved to propose and design solutions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills to monitor project schedules and establish cross - functional environment by liaising with stakeholders across various business areas.
- Management of Requirements (Business and System), analysis along with the creation of Use Case Scenarios and Workflow Diagrams, SCRUM methodologies, Rational Unified Processing (RUP) and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Worked extensively in Investment Banks on Cash Securities, Lending, Equity and Derivative Products as well as across Credit Risk and Regulatory mandates from SoX, Basel, Dodd Frank, BCBS 239 and CCAR.
DATABASES: DB2, SQL, MS Access
SOFTWARE: Clarity, JIRA, Transaction Lifecycle Monitor, ALM Quality Center, MS Visio, MS Excel, and MS-Project.
Project Manager, Business Analysis
- Managed the F2B integration of the Confidential CIB structure with the BancWest and First Hawaiian Bank lending arm from a quantitative risk modeling perspective that includes risk sensitivity, exposure and balance sheet/income statement reporting to AXIOM thereby complying with the IHC CCAR initiatives.
- Sourced the Treasury (QRM, ERA and FPA) data feeds from BancWest and lower entities into SAS based Capital Planning and Management architecture; involved consumption of quantitative, risk analytics, modeled inputs and tax components.
- Established feeds from source platforms to bring in CIB portfolios including rates and flow products through scenario QR models for centralized capital management data store and downstream consumption in the regulatory landscape that rolled up GL account and business unit level.
- The architecture solution comprised of jump-off actuals, 9Q projections for the scenario based mid-year and annual 2018 requirements in-line with CCAR and DFAST initiatives.
- Consolidated the derivative forecasting, calculated earnings, balance sheet re-balancing and eliminations across the Banc West and BNP reporting structure.
- Established a framework mapping between source system, modeled inputs and enterprise risk parameters in to a SAS consumption format for Balance Sheet, Income Statement, PPNR NII and RBL schedules.
- Created rule-based aggregation specifications for planning information across Risk, Treasury and Finance for lending and traded product exposures, NIR / NIX, provisions, allowance for loan loss calculations and deferred tax assets.
- Deciphered the existing logic around RWA, NPL, ALLL and prepared requirements for SAS processing of constituent input accounts across buckets and weights into user defined RWA accounts that carry the adjusted exposures.
- Preparing the month and quarter end Loan IQ files and associated loan data into a feed based format for Spreads, Accruals, Interest Rate Variability, settlement delays, related fronting exposures, syndicated loans etc. based on the IFRS 9 Fair Value Option attribute requirement.
- Also responsible for migrating lending, credit valuation, counterparty exposure and impairments thereby channeling the stress feeds for A.1.a Income St, A.1.b. Balance Sheet, A.1.c RWA, OTTI and PPNR loss projections for ’18 Y-14 Mid-Year and Annual submission. The reports can be sliced at various levels such as MOBL, AOBL and AOAL at scenario level classification.
- Set up pipe-based inputs from Financial Planning and Analytics systems, to receive projection data for NIR/NIX as a part of PPNR forecasting.
- Created the specifications for minority interest, Accumulated Other Comp. Income (AOCI), CE Tier1, payout ratio, capital buffer calculations and mapping the account, business unit and FR-Y14A keys via MDRM’s to the summary projection schedule line items.
PM - Business Analysis
- Managing the Wholesale Credit Y-14 A/Q CCAR data modeling initiative for the aligning the attributes across the various lines of businesses, creating a consolidated reporting platform for Risk Data Aggregation, QR modeling, stress testing, allowances and integration with simultaneous BCBS 239 and Basel initiatives.
- Managing the analysis of CCAR data elements and creating a framework-wide data dictionary of the 14Q and 14A H1 and H2 schedule attributes from daily end of day and month end balance reporting for Loans, LCs, Agency MBS, Sovereign and corporate bonds.
- Performing investigation on production breaks in stress reports and providing explanation on issues related to timing, latency in booking trades, cancellations or amendments, participation and syndication mismatch etc. Established pre-emptive checks for introductions in settlement delays due secondary loans and attributes to record the compensations and accrued receivables.
- Running quarter over quarter comparisons to align the outstanding balance Launch Point data output into the loss forecasting models over the 9-Q horizon for fed-defined baseline, adverse and JPMC defined severely adverse scenarios. Compiling the modeled data into Expected Loss, Probability of Default and Loss Given Default parameterized reports.
- Managing the work effort driving the preparation of the Schedule G for the Pre Provision Net Revenue schedule, supporting documentation for the Y-9C as well as performing data lineage on the attributes that form the report.
- Working on a sub-task to identify gaps in domestic re-pricing beta values on the PPNR metrics template.
- Working on integrating the loan portfolio framework within the credit risk infrastructure by incorporating to be enforced IFRS 9 directives such as (i) fair value measurement of amortized loan cost and negative compensation pre-payments AND (ii) the expected credit loss IFRS 9 forecasting model along with the CCAR derived quarterly projections.
- Managing the analysis initiative of receiving Outstanding Balance filtered data from 14A Launch Point into the scenario driven forecasting models thereby computing the Expected Loss, LGD, PD values.
- Managing the wholesale credit analytics data lineage activity pre-emptive measure to supplement future FRB audits. Tracing CCAR Y14 and Y9-C attributes (broken down by submission schedules), several hops back and managing uncovered gaps in the reporting mechanisms that have led to fine tune the data extracts. Creation of Common data dictionaries & File-level data dictionaries, which comprise of all federal reported attributes, their logical & physical names and definitions along with observed values from source data files are being compiled together for both annual and quarterly submissions.
- Performed data analysis and traceability of the fed edit check and stress files per the BCBS 239 governance and risk management rules for data validation, manual / automated reconciliation and threshold checks, complying with the '239' risk aggregation standards. Risk data aggregation is monitored and measured for discrepancies across the source trade level information from the Finance Risk Warehouse for month-end data.
- Responsible for conducting detailed analysis on the critical BCBS 239 data elements in-line with the wholesale risk-reporting platform, providing centralized mechanism for quantification of data quality issues and aged break analysis.
- Managing the resources for extracting the data definitions using basic python scripting, from asset management, business banking, and corporate investment banking files into a normalized data dictionary for future CCAR audit.
- Holding regular meetings with the BHC CCAR governance, AXIOM reporting, EY team and other credit risk reporting bodies for BASEL and ICAAP aligning the reporting format, use of the pre-defined risk parameters as well as resource planning.
PM - Business Analysis
- Managed the analysis initiatives and work-streams for the regulatory disclosures project for OTC, listed and Fixed Income products, where transaction and raw position level data was sourced into the aggregator system to compose SEC required disclosures for domestic and EU governing regulators.
- Worked on the remediation and design of the 13G and 13F reports, which categorize the institutional investments and prime brokerage accounts into daily positional changes thereby disclosing the holdings for the brokerage and subsidiary issuers.
- Worked on the Global Takeover Panel project, conducted analysis and extensive testing for the bank’s takeover panel companies and corresponding trade and execution data examining the constituent and instrument tables.
- Created requirement specifications for sourcing granular instrument level data for the various asset classes (index, baskets) to form position holdings for constituent companies on the BAML takeover panel. Gathered requirements for the daily reporting and tracking if the holdings on successive days exceed threshold, thereby generating Fed disclosure reports and options on holdings liquation thereby reducing liquidity risk.
- Worked on the broker-dealer separation project where the legal entities were split thereby creating a new LE code and consequentially redirecting the transactions through account - book map linkages, sub ledgers, adjustments, downstream consumption and reporting systems.
- Designed and implemented the underlier decomposition logic for convertible / exchangeable bonds as well as the restricted security class instruments such as ADR (depository receipts) retaining the product level and net cash position data without decomposing to the common stock level.
- Used data look up for testing and issue resolution of existing equity, bespoke basket swaps and ETF securities by cross referencing lookup tables and running instrument level queries to identify gaps.
- Working on requirements and end-to-end implementation of the Australia Short Sell initiative, classifying primary ASX listed net short positions, creating rule-based adjustments and enrichment to provide the LE position, trade and quantity information along with audit trails over to ASX regulators.
Sr. PM - Business Analysis
- Managed project phases for remote booking of trades and cash entries into the appropriate LE for OTC and listed derivatives for US domiciled accounts.
- Implemented the Americas OTC derivatives (LIBOR Interest Rate Swaps, options, bonds, repo, FX and money market), Listed (commodity) derivatives trading book projects toward reduction in the UK balance sheet capital requirements by moving the UK trades to US Balance sheet for better RWA requirements thereby complying with the federal regulatory mandates.
- Responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings including the elicitation and review of business requirements and specifications
- Worked on computing monthly resource allocation, cost financials and spending for budget planning process. Part of project planning committee, deriving cost estimates from data provided by work-stream leads, performing charge accruals across the phases, preparing forecast and cost variance estimates.
- Managed resource allocation, project budgets, prepared presentation of estimates to actuals per work-stream to highlight on-track budget parameters and overall project governance.
- Held meetings to discuss the project direction by providing IT project status and the infrastructure, vendor and resource costs.
- Introduced solutions to adjust the IHC Federal Notional requirements for rates (IRS / TRS), credit and securitized products.
- Extensively tested the large complex data sets using SQL, tracing the flow of trade facts, PV and cash from trade capture to risk assessment, trial balance creation, funding charge valuation, down to accounting and reporting.
- Implemented the project phases for P&L Attribution flow through front office booking engine through Finance Gateway landing the P&L attributions into data warehouse and daily activity, adjustment, Balance Vs. attribution report generation.
- Enabled the logic for data capture process for structured trades by validating the appropriate leg type, deal type code and product classifications to calculate the notional market value GAAP amount.
- Led the analyst resource team and worked extensively on the front office OTC trade capture (OASYS, DOMAN), sourcing market risk (delta, IR delta, DV01, CS01) sensitivities (TITAN, GIRAFFE), booking, adjustment and reporting process as a part of the year-end front office to back office trade flow project.
- Managed requirements for the enhancement to compute the correct notional amounts by using notional override techniques as a part of the LEP Remote booking US securities project.
- Worked on the project initiative for computation of the trade cash value by transmitting the trades to a funding valuator and consequently retrieving the funding charge to compute the appropriate cash values.
- Facilitated the project initiative for the Federal Regulations FR - Y (9C, 14Q/A) mandates and corresponding inclusions into the control framework.
- Worked on the CCAR adjustments and reg. reporting project including Front Office to Back Office reconciliation and stress test reporting. Upstream feeds being directed through the PeopleSoft GL and several layers of Balance sheet, SEC reporting to AXIOM tool for FINMA and Fed. Reporting conforming to IFRS guidelines.
- Worked on the Prime Services ISSP EUR and AMS dollarization project which required aligning the funding charges with the local and FX posting CCY balances for loans and short sale proceeds.
- Managed the automated execution of the Rates, CDS and Exotics trade feed transmission with respective accounting event codes, posting keys and GL accounts downstream to comply with Fed reporting, Adjustments, PeopleSoft and Basel Monthly reporting functions.
- Managed quarterly business enhancement interim projects such as introduction of the Buy Sell information on the front office inbound for the payment leg of corresponding trades.
- Managed the Quality Center enhancement and issue tracking interface and held bi-weekly meetings for prioritization and completion status.
Business Analysis - PM
- Managed the Regulatory Controls Review and Compliance project from a Global Banking and Markets perspective.
- Facilitated meetings and risk assessment sessions for Regulation, Compliance and Obligation applicability from the DFA, Reg W, Reg O, P, Suitability and several other federal mandated regulations.
- Handled the regulatory reporting project across the bank holding products complying with the Fed Reg Y reports.
- Lead the vendor product evaluation and selection across various areas of utility, ease of access, load bearing capability and response time in addition to cost-benefit analysis across Thomson Reuters, Wolters Kluwer and Bloomberg Regulatory compliance platforms.
- Worked on the Greenfield project which is a cross asset company-wide restructure initiative to meet the federal and banking operational guidelines in order to avoid the deferred prosecution agreement.
- Facilitated the analysis of complex data sets from varied source systems employing filter conditions, landing into the centralized HUB database and identifying commonalities to streamline the downstream feeds.
- Designed the new feed layout and structure for ledger system, which needs to have certain federal mandated fields for risk assessment calculations.
- Assisted in the end-to-end project delivery cycle by participating in the SIT and UAT test phases for both the Regulatory Controls Review and Greenfield projects.
- Managed resource allocation, project budgets, YTD PnL spending; devised a forecasting template to compute YTD spent amount in comparison with the billed amount across the yearly allocation.
- Assisted in strategy provision to introduce cost efficiencies by shuffling resources across the allocation buckets taking advantage of geographically diverse resource charge rates.
- Held meetings to discuss the progress and project direction by providing IT project status and the costs (resource as well as ITO) incurred to facilitate discussions pertaining to upcoming deliverables and channeling the project.
- Worked in parallel on the ASCOT project that required analyzing the impact of trade bookings from the US consolidated systems to be booked into the UK and HK ledger systems thus reducing the US capital adequacy ratio requirements.
Business Tech. PM
- Coordinated the program activities for the several projects running under the BASEL II program.
- Prepared project plans and timelines for proper execution of the deliverables. Led junior analyst group to capture requirements for intrinsic financial model (VaR calculation) for US consolidated portfolios.
- Assisted the management in computing cost variances by gathering charge numbers, accruals and estimates across the various concurrent work-streams. Assimilating the numbers in a budget spreadsheet to ensure the various project phases are on track and identify any cost / time slippages, thereby reporting the status to PMO and program management.
- Provided contingency approach and options to long term and interim solutions for securitization projects. Thus interfaced with front, middle office and technology groups. Projects involved credit risk calculation OTC and SFT (securities financing transaction), classifying transactions at the netting set and their corresponding exposures and balances using exposure key and GTRN key respectively.
- Actively driven the various technology phases of feasibility study, test, integration and project execution in a cost effective manner.
- Created and documented specifications to receive daily and monthly data for EAD calculators and CCF (credit conversion factor) pre-processors.
- Part of the planning committee for budgeting new projects and system enhancement requests into forthcoming development cycles.
- Spawned new project initiatives, which would identify risk areas of the EMEA and US portfolios to provide market risk metrics for exposure collateral mismatch and SFT pricing module changes.
- Managed end-to-end OPTIMA project for EAD and RWA for OTC derivatives (such as IRS from Murex, Forwards, Credit default swaps etc.) at the netting set level.
- Prepared tests for the system’s VaR and Greek sensitivity (delta, gamma, convexity) values for the various desks such as Portfolio Strategies, Risk Arbitrage, Event Driven Strategies and Quantitative Value Trading.
- Prepared reports on day trades and calculated the values with input from Fidessa, Equity Position Collector and cross verified with the Risk Assessment Engine.
- Managed working groups throughout the development and delivery lifecycle. Interfaced with group leads of overseas offshore teams to enable a streamlined operational process ensuring timely delivery.
- Conducted town hall group meetings to share performance metrics, budgets, issues, concerns, and monitored overall progress.
- Analyzed large data tables by running queries relevant for reported capital charge issues due to missing SFT transactions.
- Managed requirements for the Trading Book transaction feeds into the CVA aggregator, which assist in identifying breaks due to missing or over reporting of exposure.
- Handled requirement specifications throughout the system development lifecycle including test phase coordination, issue resolution, delivery for new projects, break fixes and change requests. Actively driven the various technology phases of feasibility study, test, integration, and project execution in a cost effective manner.
- As a part of the Dodd Frank clearing mandate, worked on Canadian integration and international swap trades into the US regulatory reporting trading book framework.
- Currently involved in project specification to develop and transform systems for the inclusion of BASEL III guidelines.
- Performed FX Exposure reports and complete end to end regression tests for Risk Assessment engine
- Impact analysis for the various legal vehicles for the product base within the investment bank.
- Handled trade file enrichment process using RDR ( Data Repository) prior to landing into the operational data store. Consumption of trade values by downstream, regulatory reporting, compliance (Basel II), settlement limits monitoring was performed.
- Designed Use cases and written business flows and workflow diagrams for effective plans.
- Created Test Plans and scenarios, conducted tests, verified results with pre-calculated values and created a standard to raise incidents using the GIM System
- Facilitated and mentored Quality Assurance teams with system workflow and test strategies by preparing manuals
Project Lead - Business Analysis
- Implemented SOX compliant controls for financial reconciliations across various asset classes including Cash Securities, Repos, SBLs, and Commodity derivatives.
- Reconciling the credit risk and balances of Cash Securities, Derivatives and Traditional Credit Products against the General Ledger systems to calculate and identify risk sensitivities and VaR.
- Worked on Cash Security trades, stock-borrow loans and collateral product requirements to measure the balance sheet credit exposure against General Ledger postings.
- Assessing Legal Entity impact with the inclusion of portfolios from the newly acquired Bear Stearns cash trades.
- Designed multiple ACBS source feed and reconciliation systems for lending products across NA, APAC and EMEA that involved calculating and reporting of liquidity and counterparty exposures.
- Market Risk Initiative involved assessment and consumption of risk sensitivity data after verification, validation and transformation from the trade-pricing module. The feeds entailed intra and end of day trade activity per region across derivative and traditional credit products.
- Created specifications for quantifiable risk metrics across the derivative products, Futures and Options, Bonds, Collateralized products etc.
- Created converge message specifications for Cash Securities (Cash trades, Repos, SBLs) to receive notional, mark to market, fully and partially failed trade settlement and other economic amounts into the credit risk exposure monitoring environment.
- Prototyped the reconciliation control of the credit risk data with the IMS to SunGard postings.
- Implemented extensive number of credit risk and P/L controls across the entire IB lines of business.
- Responsible for delivery of redirect Market Risk Cash and Derivative (Options, Futures, Swaps etc.) feeds into the DAC environment and preparing data for downstream consumption.
- Created rule based adjustments for pre and post-merger trades based on formulae within the RMA system
- Extensive financial ratio Calculations of Equity Greeks and volatilities, comparison of manual calculations with expected RAVE and Equity Position results comprising back office processing
- Analysis of system’s input and performance. Organizing and reporting the breaks in the expected results by cross verification with the market data from the Bloomberg system.
- Created specifications in desks for products such as Bonds, Futures, Index Options, Currency Futures, and other derivatives.
- Achieved efficient project deliverables by constantly monitoring, and reporting project milestones.
- Work with onsite and offshore technology teams managing end-to-end deliverables in an accelerated environment.
- Used Visio to create business flow diagrams and work flow diagrams for the business model and functionality
- Established cross-functional relationships across technology, middle office and operations to ensure critical path deliverables.
- Created relationship across position records and their respective balances conforming to the converged message specification.
- Analyzed financial data, conducted performance analysis of mutual fund performance summary values for investor clint companies’ portfolios such as JPMorgan, Hartford, UBS, Confidential
- Designed the browser based fund reporting system, customized the layout and functionality for different clients.
- Online Report generation for equity, fixed income and asset allocation giving the Portfolio advisor to log in and use the report based on the schema assigned to the login profile
- Created specifications for the DOD system which allows the administrator to edit XML, refresh and highlight and create views using SQL based on permissions for user groups for the site
- Handled the business requirements analysis for clients such as Confidential, AXA, Alliance Bernstein
- Assessment of Return on Investment (ROI), Investors Current Asset Mix, Contribution Activity, capital investment activity in conformance to US-GAAP.
- Prepared tests and change control tasks in compliance with the Change control review board (CCRB) specified in the Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002
- Assisted in developing fund investment strategy, assignment of risk profiles, investment performance and overall asset allocation strategy within the investment horizon
- Created an Issue tracking standard between Development and QA phases in a rapid development cycle using Visual Intercept and MS Excel
- Prepared a risk assessment standard for the modules as a part of feasibility study including budget and resource allocation
- Maintaining the Requirements Trace ability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project
- Extensive experience in writing Use Cases, scenarios, Business processes, work flow diagrams, process flows, Unit Testing
- Facilitated and mentored Quality Assurance teams with system workflow and test strategies
- Worked with applications developers so that development team understands the business model and detailed user and functional requirements. Worked with project management to coordinate daily activities between applications development and Product Management
- Helped to produce the documents that provide the detailed business case. (Vision and Scope, user, functional and business requirements, use cases and deployment strategy document, Project Charter). Used Microsoft Project for the plans and Microsoft Visio for the workflow and depiction of the business models
- Managed client projects which included Business Process Reengineering, code migration, re-write and environment change including creating test scenario documents requiring implementation of rational unified process’ (RUP) iterative model to ensure retention of existing functionality and inclusion of new requirements.
- Involved in designing the QA Methodology and Quality Strategies, setting up the Testing environment, designing Test Plans, Test Cases, exit conditions and User Manuals
- Reviewed and analyzed the program code developed using SQL, identified data integrity bugs and performance bottlenecks and provided solutions for 401K mutual fund investment system for MFS
Environment: .Net, Windows NT, XML, MS Access, SQL, MS Project, Visio