- PMP® and MBA with 10+ years of experience in software project management
- Currently working as Software Project Manager leading a global team of software developers working towards the development of DMD Head
- Excellent collaborator and go - getter with a high degree of ownership: Instrumental in roll-out of Agile tools and methods for the first time in Continental Interior Division USA.
- Successfully led a project to achieve ASPICE Level 3 for the first time in Continental Interior Division USA
- Managed projects in a wide range of Automotive embedded domains with projects including telematics, hybrid vehicle systems, battery management system, engine software development, clusters & Head-Up Displays
- Extensive experience in leading and managing projects across diverse SDLC such as Waterfall model, Agile model (SCRUM) and Model Based Development including Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
SDLC: Waterfall Model, Iterative Model, Agile (Scrum, SAFe and Kanban), W-model (MBD)
Project Estimation: FPA, Wideband Delphi and PERT
Quality Management: Six Sigma, 5S, Lean, Causal Analysis & Resolution, 8D analysis, A3 analysis
Tools: MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio, DOORS, MKS Integrity, BugZilla, GIT, Jira, SVN, Confluence
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Software Project Manager
- Lead and collaborate with teams located across continents, viz. USA, Mexico, Singapore and Germany for successful execution of the project
- Overall responsible for the planning, process framework definition, change management, risk management, defect management, project monitoring, control, gate releases and delivery of the software for Head Up Display in adherence to Continental’s Software Method Kit (SMK) and Process House
- Ensure the processes are adhered in the project, including a greater role in inter-discipline collaboration, which eventually helped the project in securing Level 3 in ASPICE assessment conducted by an intacs certified assessor (external).
- Assess team competencies and weaknesses to define the plans and work with Engineering Manager for employee performance feedback, future resource planning and hiring.
- Pivotal role in roll-out of Agile tools and methods in the project. Directed the implementation of Continuous Integration and Build Verification Testing for the first time in BU ID NA
- Provide guidance, consultation and decisions to the technical teams in resolving the issues and blockages in the project
- Review functional and HMI requirements from Ford with the requirements engineer as well as Ford functional responsible. Oversee and ensure requirements traceability in DOORS
- Review test planning with SW Test Manager and help define the test loops through software feature maturity planning
- Defined and implemented the configuration management approach by applying the best practices. Implemented new tool MKS Integrity in the project and coached the team on CM plan execution.
- Conduct status meetings with end customer (Ford) and provide status on project schedule, open risks and status on external defects reported by customer
- Work with Business Development & Customer Center to estimate new project quotations, prepare Technical Product Description & respond to RFI/RFQs from OEMs
Project Tools: MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio, MATLAB, Embedded C, Vector Tools like CANoe, CANdela, CANcaseXL, Atlassian Jira, Confluence, MKS Integrity, SharePoint, GIT, DOORS
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
- Develop the Software Development Process Specification incorporating the project scope, acceptance criteria, scope exclusions, work breakdown structure, resource plan, schedule, risk management plan, configuration management plan, plan, customer communication plan and plan for automation in the project
- Conduct scrum-of-scrums daily stand-up meetings with the individual scrum masters (technical leaders) to assess the sprint progress and ensure completion of the sprint
- Define the quality process framework for the project in consultation with the Process Engineering Group.
- Define and detail configuration management plan for the project
- Effectively manage the change management process through initiation, tracking and closure of change requests
- Develop risk management plan and closely monitored the project RPN
- Implement technical review checklists and periodically update review checklists for reduction in delivered defects
- Analyse and provide project metrics and code static metrics to management
- Recruitment, on-boarding, and mentoring of all team members
- Maintain the project budget incl. overseeing the budget utilization, tracking of billing efforts and generation of invoices to clients
- Ensure adequate infrastructure for the project is made available and procurement of additional equipment on need basis
- Setup the performance goals of employees and provided periodic feedback to individuals in order to improve the overall team throughput.
Project Tools: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Scrumworks, Bugzilla, DOORS, Tortoise SVN, Embedded C, dSpace HIL testing, Continuous Build Automation & Test Automation Framework (KPIT proprietary toolchain), MATLAB, Reactis, Tortoise SVN
- Worked in a team of HW design engineers and interns.
- Led the testing team of interns working on board bring-up, debug, verification and platform support
- Communication with the client on schedule status updates
- Requirement gathering and preparation of requirement specification
- Component selection, feasibility studies, technical analysis, defining implementation, detailed board design and documentation
- Managed BOMs and parts qualification
- System testing using Oscilloscopes, Network & Spectrum Analyzers
Environment: OrCad Capture, Hyperlynx SI, Cadence Allegro, Mentor timing designer