- PMI certified project manager PMP # 463920. (Project Management Professional)
- 15 + years in PM role. Currently learning Lean Six Sigma. (Working on Green belt)
- Responsible for all aspects of project management of large enterprise projects (COTS and in - house developed); following SDLC and PMO processes (Agile, Waterfall, includes managing resources, Reporting to PMO, C level reporting. Managing issues, risks, costs).
- Working directly with business partners and vendors
- Financially managed budgets to 5M
- Lead cross functional teams (SME, BA, QC, QA & Developers) 15-50 team members on and off-shore.
- PM Lead, Assign projects, Mentor and coach other project managers.
- Managed Technology projects spanning Java, .NET, VB, Oracle, Informatica, SAS, TIBCO Spotfire, SharePoint, business objects, Teradata and Titian mosaic.
- PM for Business Intelligence including: Data Warehouses, Web portals, Web sites, Business intelligence tools (business objects).
- Managed data conversions (ETL, Legacy to new), remediation for legacy applications and retirement of Legacy applications (decommissioning)
- Build relationships with stakeholders to understand their needs; assist in prioritizing and developing strategies and objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, and associated organizations to determine the best solution(s) to meet project objectives.
- Project planning, Creating project schedules. Defining activities (work breakdown structures), sequencing activities, estimating resources and duration.
- Advocate and follow PMO and SDLC processes with stakeholders and technical teams.
- Coordinates new hire on boarding and facilitates new hire processes.
- Experienced with Manufacturing, Engineering processes and Purchasing.
- Supported sales teams as required.
Program Manager Lead
- Responsible for managing, directing and planning one complex or multiple less complex projects, these project are in regard to collecting Electronic Medical Records (EMR) data, Transform them into human readable form then putting them into a data warehouse to be consumed by the other groups. These groups include analytic, HEDIS, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Doing specific EMR collections for HEDIS and Medicare requirements.
- Ability to communicate and effectively negotiate with immediate manager(s), peers, and Business with a high level of confidence and composure.
- Provides coaching/mentoring and team building to ensure that the project team members develop their skills and achieve their career goals.
- Leads a matrix project team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating the efforts of internal and external project team members.
- Ensures that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality.
- Identifies and capitalizes on inter-dependencies within the project to ensure end-to-end synergy during all phases of the project life cycle.
- Develops and manages all key project governance documents, such as but not limited to the Project Charter, Work plan, Communications Plan, and Risk Mitigation Strategy
- Manages the project budget, and reports project cost information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proactively identifies additional cost-savings to reduce overall project expenditures
- Manages the effective utilization of resources assigned to the project team, and proactively communicates resource capacity and shortages to the respective organization leads.
- Coordinates engagement of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist in the identification, validation, and resolution of business system needs.
- Acts as the liaison between project team members and Program Management to ensure that expectations and objectives are clearly understood by all parties, and to communicate project information including the status of deliverables, scope changes, and issues.
- Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances.
- Manages the scope of the project, and ensures that scope changes are reviewed and approved by the Finance and Business Sponsor where appropriate
- Evaluates project activities utilizing quality measurements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed expectations and integrate with overall project effort.
- Monitors and reports tangible and intangible benefits.
Sr. Project Manager
- Responsible for all project management aspects of the Research & Development business technology projects including; Partnering with program managers, business colleagues, development & engineering leads, Program Support Team (PST) and other Solutions Delivery colleagues as well as business and IT stakeholders.
- Plan, execute and finalize projects according to established schedules and finances. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management, technologists and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Sr. Project Manager
- Maintain and deliver a 3-4 month implementation for Confidential ’s TEM (Telecom expense management software) including and accepted CSD (CommCare Services Definition) document by client.
- Drive results from clients as well as internal teams. During weekly meetings, reported status of projects up to all levels of authority.
- Escalate internally and externally if projects risk missing key milestones.
- Work directly with sales team during presales meetings. Responsible for communicating procedures (hardware setup and requirements)and what customer’s responsibilities would be during implementation and answer any questions that arose about any phase of the project.
- Player / coach responsible for managing client from contract signing to handoff to the steady state or Lifecycle team. Facilitated the customer’s, then supported them through the handoff to support.
- Owned the initial client relationship, this included kickoff, walkthrough of information and data gathering phase.
- Responsible for collecting and loading all clients billing, letters of authorization, templates, cost center data, company hierarchy information, and vendor information including contracts, etc. then handing off to support team for validation.
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing a weekly project plan to all parties involved with the project.
- Populate and deliver Implementation-Lifecycle Checklist and schedule transition meeting toward end of implementation with Lifecycle team to ensure smooth transition
- Facilitated deployment of TIBCO Spotfire software (COTS) to the Confidential global community using PMBOK work streams. (1000+ users)
- As part of the implementation we setup and used SharePoint to communicate instructions, new features, FAQ and how to’s for the user community. These activities included:
- Work closely with vendor to understand application readiness and roadmaps
- Presented recommendations to business sponsors to reduce transition of old application to new application and environment.
- Help facilitate the application remediation process.
- Work with IT project team to identify challenges, resolve issues and track actions
- Work to gather complete and comprehensive requirements for business units using application.
- Understand mapping of applications to users
- Work with SMEs to test and confirm application readiness for the target environment
- Worked with packaging team and QA for product “push” to end users and test requirements.
- As part of the AtS program (Adapt to scale) managing projects, creating project plans and facilitating meetings with business owners, subject matter experts and IT personnel per SDLC (software development lifecycle) plans.
- Project managed a vast array of migrations and application retirements.
- Create and submit a discovery document that identifies the application scheduled to be moved or retired, all dependencies and the level of complexity by interviewing the subject matter expert.
- Work in conjunction with Release Management to ensure all of the servers/applications involved are on the schedule to be moved; retired then track the schedule through implementation.
- Once moves or retirements are scheduled, collect data pertinent to the application repository so that it can be updated with the current information.
- Get answers to any questions that come up during the readiness meetings with PMO and business owners.
- Participate in weekly status meetings to give updates and escalate if anything is off schedule.
- Responsible for overall Project Management of Electric Boat submarine panel retrofit program.
- Perform duties as required for the Engineering Team to best meet its goals.
- Help to create change control process and change request process for company and vendors.
- Review engineering documentation to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Coordinate materials management for the team.
- Created BOM (bills of Materials) for all projects and subprojects.
- Work with engineering to provide clarity of work in process. Develop and maintain contract data deliverable items.
- Supported sales team during presales meetings; Responsible for communicating processes and what customer’s responsibilities would be during the different phases of the project and answer any questions that arose about the project.
- Lead Process improvements initiatives and project management including creating and maintaining project schedules with Microsoft Project as well as gathering requirements from internal and external customers and presenting them to the development team.
- Investigate and implement new technologies and processes.
- Planning and scheduling using Microsoft project, purchasing, inventory management and cost/lead time reduction improvements.
- Support various team projects as required. Support all other team functions in process improvements, team building, quality control and new product launches.
- Provided instruction to other disciplines on project action required in the form of engineering orders, test procedures, purchase requisitions, and inter-office correspondences.
- Supervisory responsibilities are limited to instruction and coordination with other disciplines on project action required
- Act as liaison to customers internal and external.