PMI certified Project Manager (PMP) with more than 15 years of full lifecycle, cross functional, Project Management experience (Agile/Waterfall SDLC). Strong background in building project plans, assigning and managing resources and budget, and providing risk management and issue resolution. Total Quality Management and Change Management efforts are always discussed. Normally working on up to four projects concurrently. Strong mentoring and relationship building skills. Accountable for the entire projects success. IT Manager with 7 years of resource management, strategic planning, technology planning, and policy development. Vendor management experience. Federal (Medicare) and State government experience.
STRATUS, DEC/VAX, AS/400, COBOL II, Assembler, RPG II, RPG/400, IMS, CICS, MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, Visual Basic, SQL, DB2, Rational Products suite, Microsoft Office Products Suite, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Crystal Reports, Remedy, Kepner - Tregoe, Project Management, Mercury Quality Center, Visio, EDI, Rational Unified Process, SharePoint, Clarity, Cognos, Agile
- Responsible for coordinating home adaptations and exceptional DME for participants in Southeast and Southwest PA
- Responsible for the highly complex project transferring the Partner’s business onto our platform managing all aspects of the 15 months, 7,000-hour project with 20 resources.
- Project Manager on two Federal Mandates requiring coordination with 9 external Partner’s on the 9 months, 5,000-hour effort.
- The effort was done in an Agile environment.
- These and all projects involve working in a matrix environment including creation of the requirements and working with IT on testing and implementations.
- The Project Management Life Cycle was followed overseeing budget management, change management, and risk/issue mitigation.
- Participate in responses to potential new business RFP’s.
- Ensure total quality management is ongoing.
- Working within the PMO on Provider / Clinical & IT Initiatives area managing all aspects of the 10,000-hour complex Stratus Shutdown project utilizing the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Project Manager on the Health Insurance Exchange project.
- Responsible for resources designing, developing, and testing complex applications utilizing Java, Message Broker WTX, XML, and Oracle.
- Follow the Project Management Life Cycle overseeing resource allocation, project budget management and risk/issue mitigation.
- Supported the CWDS and UCMS SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) projects utilizing Java and .Net; combined project costs of $200+ million, utilizing Rational products.
- Managed the multi-release, user acceptance testing phases of the project across three partnering agencies
- Coordinated UAT logistics and infrastructure for 40 testers, test creation and execution including ongoing defect resolution through implementation encompassing 20,000 hours.
- Participated in budget reconciliation, change control board items, steering committee meetings and reviewing IV&V recommendations with the vendor
- Accountable for decisions and activities performed, as part of normal project management responsibilities
- Used MS Project for tracking project activity
- Responsible for managing resources in support of the Driver and Vehicle Services web site
- Responsible for change control and release management including overseeing analysis, programming, and testing of the system; written in Java running Domino web server and WebSphere Application Server accessing DB2 databases
- Project manager for 20+ resources in a matrix environment responsible for analysis, programming, and testing of customer systems while working in a PMO following the project management lifecycle.
- Responsible for delivering large and small scale concurrent projects on time and within financial ranges from requirements gathering through close down; this included scheduling, report monitoring, SLA monitoring, performing RCA, publishing status reports, risk management, change management and client relationship management
- Interface between Confidential and 15 customer locations
- Responsible for 2+ years of integrating global resources into the team from 3 foreign cities including, workload scheduling and monitoring results
- Responsible for analysis, programming, and testing for Legacy systems
- Project leader for disaster recovery plan at a client site
- Responsible for responding to and preparing business quotes
- Performed Y2K audits on 15 Florida insurance companies
Information Systems Manager
- Performed management duties including hiring and firing decisions, controlling a multi-million-dollar annual budget, chairing Quality Improvement initiatives, coaching staff members toward improved performance, change control management, configuration management, problem management and negotiating priorities from various customer areas
- Supported the goals of internal Medicare and Private Business customers through deployment of 16 programming staff members to numerous projects over various operating system platforms including:
- PC DOS software package development which was then used by over 1,300 physicians to enter claims and transmit transactions. Saved the company over $130,000 by changing the communication package, COBOL compiler and implementing dial-up software updates.
- Stratus Sync dial-up communications network support, with growth from 40,000 EDI claims a month to 4,000,000 claims a month. Application programmers developed and integrated third-party vendor code written in C
- Confidential Mainframe support of various applications including Medicare contracts
- Participated in RFP’s with outside vendors for hardware and software products and procurement support
- Participated in SLA development and attainment
Senior Systems Analyst
- Provided marketing expertise in support of the software vendors who create and distribute EDI solutions to physicians
- Created incentive programs to stimulate the use of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) between Confidential and its physician community.
- One program increased interest by 125% and actual usage by 75%
- Coordinated marketing trade shows and gave product presentations to physicians and software vendors