Project Manager, Technology
- Provide Project Management expertise on all M&A deal activities in support of the TIMO: project plan creation and updating, weekly status reporting, quarterly business reviews, and retrospectives.
- Demonstrate ownership for the end - to-end plan through all phases of the transaction lifecycle, including all the cross-functional dependencies.
- Liaison with many IMO/ M&A teams to ensure the strategic rationale of the deal is realized. Partners include: Corporate Development, Business Unit Leadership, Confidential Executives, Functional SMEs, Corporate Functions, and target company.
- Drive the technical Integration Leads / technical SMEs towards timely task and deliverables completion while tracking issues and risks and developing remediation plans to quickly recover from timeline slippage.
- Build out and maintain integration information repository, currently in SharePoint; make recommendations for improving the existing data repository.
- Support integration budget process, including creation, tracking, reporting, and measuring with KPI.
- Identify areas of process improvements and add efficiencies - ensuring consistent playbooks, developing templates, and maintaining TIMO process inventory.
Sr. Project Manager
- Developed high - level system/network migration strategy and steps related to Data Center migration & consolidation for pre-/post-merger pertain to M&A.
- Coordinated end-to-end identification and verification of applications, systems and networks.
- Evaluated risks/opportunities for merging/retiring applications/web front-ends related to e-commerce, CRM, supply chains, and marketing.
- Assessed and analyzed systems and networks for prioritizing impact and schedules based on M&A milestones.
- Calculated the estimated cost of IT migration and merger cost excluding retraining costs.
Project Manager, Technology
- Managed IT system integrations between two global consumer electronics companies in worldwide M&A.
- Coordinated data migration process involving XML and Meta - data by guiding, remediating risks and technical brainstorming among multinational technical and business staff; including Data Center migration coordination.
- Led day-to-day progress meetings by managing RAID log (in coordination with overall PMO).
- Led BPR to accommodate interim activity changes until new systems came online; designed process, tracked tasks, resolved issues, managed UAT & E2E test.
- Created and updated project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Created, maintained, and revised documentation for the project work stream.
- Developed end-to-end data/app connectivity diagrams including systems/networks for as-is and to-be.
Sr. Project Manager, Technology
- Managed the migration of UNIX (HP - UX) servers, Window servers and Network equipment including DB and enterprise apps in a Data Center move. Created and updated project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Led market survey and market entry strategy study on IT infrastructure services (Cloud Computing, UNIX hosting, Data Center, IoT technology) for a subsidiary of a leading telecom company in Japan.
- Restructured wired network and implemented all Wi-Fi network architecture for internal employees. Evaluated HR training tools (overseas strategic sourcing, and business development & alliance deal).
- Led strategic sourcing (H/W & S/W) and technology assessment of underground positioning service (indoor GPS) using mobile devices for a consumer safety and security company.
- Conducted lectures (with mentoring) and authored class materials about topics related to business start-up leveraging Business Model Canvas to students in leading universities.
- Part of PMO to develop methodology, templates, and techniques used by consultants; assessed projects in pipeline, managed human resource and reviewed risks for financial soundness; developed contingency and project-level resource allocation plan.
- Provided corporate training (in English and Korean) on Strategy, Confidential, Strategic Sourcing, and Start-up for employees in Korean companies that have global operations.
- Developed tech support strategy and provided the back-end and daily IT supports to the off-site consultants.
Sr. Project Manager
- Developed renewal strategy and guided the modification of a marketing site for a web agency. (Business Case, Marketing Strategy, Site Strategy, Contents, Operations, Customer Retention, WordPress)
- Developed strategy for implementing Big Data solution and infra support service (data storage, network bandwidth optimization, service availability) for municipalities in Korea.
- Led development of SNS Marketing Analysis S/W (Facebook API centered) and coordinated the data management activities using Cloud service.
- Led sales and implementation of Adobe Test & Target to a fashion and clothing company for e - commerce site.
- Improved the sign-up rate of a mobile service by 50% by managing online marketing campaign (SNS, Blogs, Web advertisement) for a leading telecom company.
- Assisted implementation of a multi-language website using Adobe CQ5 for a global tire company.
- Received over $1 million in government funding for new startups by formulating and drafting the new product introduction plan and marketing strategy.
- Developed online marketing strategy and assessed various IT projects including SEO, Cloud Computing, and Network Optimization (land & mobile based) for an education-training company
Director, Strategic Planning & Operations
- In charge of the overseas business division (P&L responsibility) for Korea.com.
- Launched and operated a new site called en.korea.com and energy.korea.com (led business planning, design, vendor sourcing, implementation, business development and strategic alliance).
- Project management on e - commerce site renewal, Online Advertising & Marketing, Web Analytics (with Google Analytics) and API integration with Social Network Services.
- Directed the infrastructure assessment and rollout plan on SAN Storage, Network, and Hosting Servers. Managed the site construction based on WordPress and in-house developed monitoring tools.
- Led SNS initiatives to reach 2.1 million fans for a Facebook page.
- Developed service strategy and managed the creation of mobile apps (iPhone and Android based).
- Supported the development and marketing of mobile game apps (Android based shooting game).
- Participated in the Group-wide PMO as the lead in Hi-Tech sector; assessed the viability of new project or M&A in terms of technology, risk, resource, financial soundness, and strategic objectives.
- Coordinated a business merger strategy with entertainment and online portal companies.
- Designed overseas M&A strategy; developed revenue diversification plan.
- Evaluated the acquisition plan to buy a VOIP service company (Korean operation of SKYPE).
Sr. Manager, Sales & Marketing
- Managed daily operation of MOBI - CAM Services. (Network & System Optimization) Led the development of Sales & Marketing Strategy and Operational Plan for DVR products.
- Managed the assembly, quality control, testing and delivery of 2,000 units of Stand Alone DVR and 1,500 units of PCB-type DVR to a marketing and logistics company.
- Developed and implemented the video data infrastructure. (NAS, Network bandwidth, Data Center)
- Led the strategic sourcing and contract negotiation with manufacturing and H/W vendors in Korea and China.
- Led the product development of Mobile enabled Stand Alone DVR (design spec. to QC).
- Developed tech support strategy and provided installation supports to on-site retail installers.
Sr. Project Manager
- Led the commercialization of Mobile Video Monitoring Service (3G based) for a leading telecom company.
- Conducted marketing road show to promote new technology to potential business partners in Japan.
- Led the development and operation of back - end service infrastructure (Device Authentication, Inventory Control, Service Admin) by interfacing with a telecom s billing system.
- Operated 7x24 Data Center to support the mission critical application (Unix, Raid Storage, Network).
- Led the product development of video streaming app that pulled live and recorded video in DVR over the 3G mobile network. (Video Codec Optimization, Software Development)
Director, Head of Consulting
- Managed the consulting practice in the areas of Mobile Technology and X - internet. Responsible for P&L including Pre-sale, Sales, Delivery activities related to consulting service.
- Led the development of Idle, Menu, & Dialer using FlashLite that targeted European market for a leading global handset manufacturer. The client launched the handset commercially.
- Managed consultants and engineers (Korean and Europe) who provide technical support for global handset and device (PMP, MP3, set-up box) manufactures.
- Headed PMO to improve methodology, develop templates, and train techniques used by consultants; conducted pipeline, resource, risks, financial management and change control to deliver projects on time under budget.
- Sold on-site consulting/engineering support to world-leading handset manufacturers.
- Raised total sales booking to $1.2 million in less than one year.
- Led the development and implementation of an e - Procurement system (backend integration to SAP) for a leading engineering and construction company.
- Formulated the Process Innovation (PI) strategy and supported the implementation of an e-Procurement system for an engineering and construction company.
- Led Supply Chain Management (SCM) competitiveness study for automobile parts manufacturing company.
- Led the design and implementation of an e-Procurement system for a commercial power & energy company.
- Spearheaded the development of the e-Catalog management and implementation of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) solution for B2B MRO e-Marketplace.
- Managed the S/W development for SRM solution including conceptual & technical design.
- Led the Information Strategic Planning (ISP) and Business Modeling (BM) study for a paper consortium.
- Conducted Business Process Reengineering (BPR) and strategy assessment for a major publishing company.
- Led the development and implementation of e-Catalog and e-Procurement system for a university hospital.