- Award - winning Telecommunications Manager with extensive and successful leadership and project management experience gained through progressive promotions.
- Recognized for expertise in network engineering, network disaster recovery and continuity planning.
- Experienced revising practices, procedures and systems to reduce response times, improve service quality and decrease costs. Available for relocation.
- Revamped Risk Audit Process and Disaster Recovery processes, audited hundreds of sites and dramatically reduced costs and issues.(Senior Manager NOC)
- Deployed to World Trade Center disaster site, and successfully completed first-time attempt to assume identity of failed 5ESS switch, loaded North Tower switch ODD into NDR’s switch trailer, and brought switch to in-service state with signaling link connectivity and remote telemetry capability (Senior Technical Staff Member).
- Spearheaded technical support on NSM2000 MEGA system consolidation of 5ESS host switches and national multi-point interflow by contributing to equipment configuration, cutover, and disaster recovery groups with technical support and on-time cutover completion; recognized with two Certificates of Appreciation for contributions (Technical Support Supervisor).
- Received two Certificates of Appreciation as primary contact and technical support provider for projects concerning Federal Government and Department of Defense owned 5ESS/VCDX switches (Technical Support Supervisor).
Confidential, Littleton, CO
- Continued management of a Tier III technical support team, supporting all North America critical infrastructure equipment.
- In 2017, requested to move from people management to individual contributor and develop a Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery response process for our Critical Infrastructure Technical Support Team.
- Developed Incident Management process document defining roles/responsibilities for CITS team and interaction with company Emergency Incident Management Team (EIMT).
- Identified CITS 1st Responder Team and developed roles/responsibilities process documents for responding to natural disasters, hurricanes, etc.
- Worked with IT Development team to build a Global Information Systems (GIS) map that would highlight failed generators, DC plants, track portable assets such as generators and fuel trailers. This proved to be extremely valuable during coverage of the hurricanes in 2017, 2018. Received company recognition for this support tool.
Confidential, Littleton, CO
- Manage a Tier III technical support team, supporting all North America critical infrastructure equipment (Generator, ATS, DC Plant, HVAC, batteries).
- Develop scope and maintenance intervals and manage Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Provide Disaster Recovery support.
- Provide on-site PMI (Preventative Maintenance & Inspection) on CI gear.
- Develop best practices, Method of Procedures and Technical Bulletins.
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
Senior Manager NOC
- Earned promotion to manage Maintenance Engineering team of 4 Engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) in Power, Optical Transport and IP/Dat.
- Additionally manage Tier III support teams for TDM Switch (Alcatel-Lucent 5ESS, Nortel DMS 500, Siemens EWSD), SS7 Operations Support, Fraud and IP Abuse.
- Ensure adherence to maintenance and quality standards by conducting over 200 1-2 week audits and inspections of Central Office sites as well as customer locations annually.
- Member of the On-Call Notification Group for all network impacting events.
- Selected as company’s representative with the National Coordinating Center (NCC) - Department of Homeland Security.
- Asked to develop and lead 40-member Disaster Recovery team consisting of 1st Responders, Engineering Technology, Logistics, Outside Plant, and Administrative personnel and establish best practices and standard procedures. Serve as Incident Command for 1st Responder team.
- Built a DR trailer recovery process including the acquisition of trailers, network equipment, power plants and generators.
- Recognized for developing a Software Management process for optical transport network elements that resulted in a high 99.7% error free upgrade process during a 3-month upgrade of +5000 Cisco elements. New process encompasses all phases of the software upgrade process for optical transport elements from pre to post upgrade including vendor interface, software regression testing, trouble-shooting aids, Method-of-Procedure (MOP) templates, First Office Application (FOA) process, and post upgrade checks.
- Completely revamped Risk Assessment Audit Process across ~500 offices that resulted in resolving outstanding issues, created transparency for tracking and resolution and reduced the number of service issues impacting the network.
- Reduced costs and resolution times by revising and automating the Preventative Maintenance & Inspection Program.
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
Senior Maintenance Engineer & QC
- Switching SME for Alcatel-Lucent 5ESS and Nortel DMS 500 platforms.
- Provided support for the NOC Tier III switch team.
- Developed disaster recovery processes and documentation for switch recovery.
- Developed power up/down procedures for 5ESS and DMS. Developed procedures for reducing the power or amp drain on each switch type in the event of DR events or commercial power failures.
- Vendor management. Initiated a circuit pack repair and return process with an outside vendor, thus providing a daily monetary savings to the company.
- Provided 5ESS switch engineering on multiple growth/installations jobs, including on-site team leader support.
- Perform switch capacity management reviews, SM timeslot engineering, and port assignment engineering guidelines.
- Engineered and implemented a PSU2 hardware diversification project.
Confidential, Denver, CO; Lisle, IL
Senior Technical Staff Member, Network Disaster Recovery
- Switching team SME and team leader for the DR trailer recovery team.
- Engineering team member on the design and build of Confidential & Confidential ’s disaster recovery 5ESS and DMS switch recovery trailers.
- Contributed to $3.9M contract by supplying CLEC with disaster recovery using 5e switch and multiple transport elements, and fielding personal and conference call questions from client.
- Delivered two to three day efficiency and cost improvement in ODD switch transfer to and from Lucent Software center from company 5ESS switch Administrative Services Module by converting delivery system from mail to IP link connectivity.
- Enabled efficient disaster site IP link interface through innovative testing and use of Emergency Communications Vehicle via satellite link connectivity.
- Developed a process to quickly convert the DMS recovery trailers from either a 250 or 500 office data application.
- Increased air efficiency in DMS switch trailer set by redesigning HVAC connectivity.
- Improved NDR personnel understanding of switch functionality and processes by facilitating switch training and overview to ~30 NDR staff members.
- Redesigned DMS power up and down procedure supplied by Nortel resulting in significantly increased switch recovery time from 14-20 hours to 1-2 hours.
- Reduced downtime and problems for all future 5ESS data link conversions through extensive testing and reporting in “Methods and Procedures” document used in all Confidential & Confidential switch conversions.
- Saved company ~$60K by eliminating need for vendor service and personally performing 5ESS switch degrowth procedures on switch peripherals and removal.
- Wrote multiple procedures, hints, and troubleshooting guides.
- Serve as primary contact with Lucent and Nortel vendors on Office Dependent Data merge process to refine corporate NDR switching and software vendor processes.
- Support 5ESS and DMS switch implementation for recovery by developing and improving all procedures, and managing hardware and software upgrades, growth issues, generic retrofits, and routine maintenance.
- Participate in quarterly exercises as member of exercise planning team by implementing NDR switch recovery processes, addressing switching issues, planning new switching objectives for all disaster recovery conditions, and providing overview of switching and data recovery capabilities.
- Work with NDR’s Special Operations HAZMAT group as hazardous materials technician trained in SCBA Scott Air-Pak unit.
- Member of 1st responder unit to all Disaster conditions.
Technical Support Supervisor
- Completed and tested company’s first successful outside venture with vendor to provide directory assistance services to consumer market through interfacing Premisys Confidential -BRITE system with 5ESS switch peripheral.
- Conducted ahead of schedule, under budget project with $4M in cost savings to add adjunct to 5e switch enabling call data to be stored by authoring and testing ISDN to adjunct test scripts on all switch site upgrades; awarded Certificate of Appreciation for efforts.
- Generated $600K cost savings and $250K RTU fee by eliminating government market’s need to purchase two ISDN SMs and one message switch through rearrangement of SM timeslots and clearance of defective DFI/PRIs.
- Devised, tested, and documented innovative method to grow ISLU/RISLU capacity providing 5% hard-core network capacity gain for Customer Service Centers, improved switch efficiency, and increased profit margins; received corporate recognition with Confidential & Confidential SPOT Award.
- Improved Long Term Analysis contract technicians’ analysis skills and reduced escalated issues to tech support by developing and presenting class on 5ESS SM Event History File Debugging.
- Authored and presented 5ESS Troubleshooting class to NCC technical support supervisors, contract technicians, on-site work force, and SMEs in Denver and Atlanta resulting in improved troubleshooting skills and reduced escalated calls to tech support and Lucent.
- Performed extensive DMS switch applications testing as designated lead technical support supervisor for Nortel DMS-250 switch introduction into EDGE application.
- Resolved escalated 5ESS hardware and software issues and participated in multiple support projects for Confidential & Confidential Operator Services, Federal Government, Department of Defense, and privately owned 5ESS switches.
- Served as Day Tour supervisor for eight communication technicians in Long Term Analysis and Trunking groups for one year.