- Experienced Project Manager with demonstrated success in growth and management of both technical and business operations teams in various environments. Strong program and project management professional skilled in Scrum, Visio, Analytical Skills, Requirements Analysis, and Data Analysis.
- Results - driven professional with more than 8 years of hands-on experience in Insurance and Financial services industry,
- As part of management teams, managed QA and Development teams; held BA, QA and Project Management roles for various technology roles including Regulatory and new business cross-asset projects.
- Involved in architecting/designing end-to-end websites, and application flows.
- Developed plans for project and requirements tracking, testing, rollout and maintenance of operational and strategic implementations involving financial instruments and market data.
- Designed targeted solutions for implementing IT process controls and standards, software quality test labs and methodologies for manual and automated integration testing, Change Management controls and request tracking, Release Management solutions, requirements gathering through liaising with business and technical units.
- Highly entrepreneurial and successful in negotiating deliverables within tight deadlines, gathering and addressing end-user feedback in collaboration with sales and product teams, acquiring and analyzing product knowledge, organizing process and code controls, recruiting and retaining talented employees, performing, and in motivating team members to innovate.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in the Agile, Scrum and Test-driven development environments and implementation of above by Rally and Jira.
Automation Testing Tools: JUnit, Selenium, WinRunner, Selenium Web Driver, QuickTest Professional
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Quality Center, Bugzilla
Programming Languages: Java, Python
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XPATH, .NET, Guidewire
Databases: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle
PM Tools: MS Project, Basecamp, Leankit
Confidential, New York, NY
- Project manager for internal team for Central Funding Desk, coordinating across 25-person global team and 5 Lines of Business.
- Run daily global team meetings; driving actions and issues resolution; lead stakeholder progress reporting up through upper management.
- Align technology plans to front office/ mid office business strategies; develop success measures, roadmaps, program planning.
- Develop business cases with outcomes, estimates and risks; collaborate across business and IT to balance needs vs. budgets.
- Track and maintain project schedules and budgets including coordination of a 20-person development team.
- Develop integrated project plans to address internal audit findings, including scoping, budgeting, forecasting and documenting project assumptions.
- Manage area-wide participation of all applications across 5 LOBs relating to systems hygiene activities (server patching, maintenance, upgrades), automation (e.g., for code deployment, testing, and production systems upgrades and maintenance), Disaster Recovery, and Capacity Planning.
- Identify and track issues; work with stakeholders to resolve often complex conflicts. Drive resolutions and/or manage senior management escalations.
- Address potential conflicts between long-term architecture direction and project constraints.
- Spearheaded the Development team as a Release Manager for consecutive delivery schedules resulting in 100% on time deliverables with only 10% defects - an all-time low in defect numbers.
- Drove various process improvements that reduced the number of releases by 30%, lowered risk and maintained quality, and functionality.
- Designed a new release process that met the needs of the business, and created Key Performance Indicators and metrics to drive continuous service improvement.
- Liaise with QA and Operations teams globally to coordinate testing activities.
- Planned and managed releases into multiple environments with traceability and visibility removing extensive manual work.
- Improved the custom applications build process through automation (Continuous Integration) that resulted in 15% increase in availability of software for testing.
- Prepare communications to senior management and stakeholders on project issues and status, with recommendations on strategic and tactical adjustments.
- Lead various ad-hoc strategic initiatives, and associated senior-level management meetings.
- Worked as liaison between Geico and Jeweler Mutual to Clarify requirements, define and schedule requirements, system enhancements, as well as review and gain sign-off for global implementation.
- Worked on documenting requirements for integration of Geico’s jewelry insurance page link on its web site to Jewelers Mutual’s web based jewelry insurance application ‘Quote & Apply’.
- Also tested that the documents and emails generated to customers of Geico policies had the Jewelers Mutual and Geico co-branded logos.
- Led creation of daily feed for all new and existing policies to Geico from JM.
- Involved in implementation of New Product across 23 different systems including Front end and Back end integrations. I managed 8 different teams with a mixed blend of contractors and internal employees across India and United States.
- Consulted with business staff to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system.
- Involved in requirement gathering meetings with stakeholders and BA’s..
- Analyzed the requirements to create test scenarios across different systems.
- Managed 6 GW environments and 3 DW instances and 3 SSAS cubes.
- Helped identifying bottlenecks and process improvements throughout the company.
- Lead the Test Data generation and Requirements Management activities.
- Worked within an elite team working on implementing cutting edge technologies and processes into the company infrastructure, architecture and practices.
- Created test automation scripts and cut down the testing time from days to hours.
- Implemented new processes to speed up the testing activity
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. QA Analyst
- Conducted software quality assurance testing of all kinds, including functional, regression, stress and volume, user acceptance testing and UI evaluation.
- Designed and managed three areas for the QA team: Networking, Testing, and Technical Documentation. Organized and trained teams of manual and automated testers, with rotating project leaders accountable for the members of their teams.
- Performing a High-Level review of Functional Requirements Specifications(FRS), Business Functional Specification(BFS), High Level Design(HLD), Detail Level Design(DLD) documents to gather requirements used in designing test cases.
- Involved in validation using Scripts and SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Worked with team members in development of Test Plan and Test Cases based on Business Requirements and Required Documents.
- Tested Different Billing transactions such as Disbursements, Transfers, Bill Payments and Commissions