- Confidential is a Project Manager/Delivery Manager who has supported systems engineering and acquisition efforts for the Intelligence Community (IC), Confidential, Federal Bureau of Investigation ( Confidential ), and Confidential .
- He has 28 years expertise in project management, including 20 years United States Air Force ( Confidential ) experience and 18 years supporting the IC, both as active - duty Confidential and as a government contractor.
- Confidential utilizes effective communication and organizational skills to execute mission success with minimum direction and the autonomy to deliver results.
- He is open-minded and geared toward building effective and self-sufficient teams to promote productivity, efficiency, and results.
- Additionally, Confidential has expertise in ITIL concepts and practices for IT Service Management (ITSM) and experience in the intelligence field as a Linguist and Signals Intelligence Analyst.
Program Manager/Lead Associate
Confidential, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Designing and employing an enterprise IT governance plan for a cluster of commercial and DoD cloud-based environments using industry best practices and Federal/DoD guidelines
- Developing governance policy using input from system engineers, users, existing Federal IT governance, and Agency leadership
- Conducting process analysis and business process improvement and documenting findings; interfacing with Agency leadership to ensure best practices are documented in policy
- Developing governance plans for provisioning, deploying, and sustaining cloud environments
Confidential, Catonsville, MD
- Provided scientific Project Manager expertise in cyber security to support the customer for program product lines.
- Project management support included influencing projects, proposals, and support of work from a Cybersecurity Science standpoint.
- Provided assistance in planning, programming, coordinating and controlling the execution of Cybersecurity functions to meet program requirements with stakeholders.
- Conducted Resource Analysis with the Budget office to ensure funding was available for acquisitions; worked with component programs to ensure annual budget requirements were met for the Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch, Cybersecurity Service Provider.
- Completed purchase requests and other acquisition documentation while ensuring purchases were in the best interest of the taxpayer.
- Conducted process analysis and business process improvement and documented findings in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Employed Jira to build epics and manage tasks; piloted and used WBS Gantt Chart Jira plug-in to develop and manage project schedules; utilized Confluence to collaborate and share project knowledge.
- Made formal/informal Cybersecurity presentations and prepared technical reports/papers of behalf of the Government.
Delivery Manager/Senior Principal Consultant
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Managed multiple federal government contracts, with supervisory responsibility for eleven staff members.
- Built client relationships, managed scope against contract expectations, managed resources (staff development, team building, recruitment, mentoring), reported contract financial and risk posture to Confidential Executive leadership, invoiced and reported monthly status, and interviewed new resources to backfill or augment staffing requirements.
- Supported the Confidential Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Bureau’s enterprise efforts to govern the development and maintenance of its information technology investments, from concept inception through asset retirement.
- Provided expert analysis on employment of the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996, the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA), OMB Memorandum M-15-14, OMB Circulars A-130 and A-11 and other Government IT governance policy.
- Provided extensive IT system development life cycle expertise and project management support to all levels of the organization - from Executive leadership to operational staff and program management organizations - to ensure IT needs are aligned with operational goals, while meeting business requirements for growth and change.
- Championed the use of best practices/industry standard approaches as applicable to project management, systems development, and business process reengineering efforts.
- Guided projects through the Bureau’s IT lifecycle management framework by identifying project-type specific governance requirements, registering project initiatives, and defining milestone review criteria used to determine projects’ readiness to proceed to next phase of the systems development lifecycle.
- Championed and participated in the Bureau’s transition from primarily waterfall development to Agile Lean, Scrum, and Kanban-based software development.
Confidential, Dahlgren, VA
- Advised Confidential Assistant Product Manager (APM) in the interpretation and tailoring of Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition regulations and memoranda and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Applied knowledge, skills, and experience with DoD Directive 5000.1, DoD Instruction 5000.2, and Army acquisition documentation to assist customer in preparation for Milestones and effecting major system acquisitions.
- Tracked financial execution in support of APMs to ensure program execution is within the cost, schedule, and performance baselines.
Senior Systems Engineer
Confidential, Ellicott City, MD
- Developed and implemented a globally consistent ITIL-based Service Asset and Configuration Management (CM) process in support of the National Security Agency ( Confidential ) Enterprise IT Configuration Management Process.
- Refined the Master Load Template (MLT) for bulk loading to the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and provided training on its use to the Enterprise to Regional Configuration Managers and configuration analysts across the Enterprise.
- Validated over 100,000 configuration items (CI) records, led CMDB verification and audit activities, ensured CIs were accurately registered or retired, interfaced with other support organizations to ensure effective use of the CMDB, and maintained and recommended improvements to facilitate data integrity and effective use of the Configuration Management System.
- Provided program management support and expertise to the Confidential EM PMO implementing an Enterprise-level service desk based on Hewlett Packard IT Service Management to support global Information Technology (IT) situational awareness, health and status, monitoring and service request fulfillment.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Responsible to the Operation Manager/Vice President for the Division’s business development, marketing and proposal development, technical quality, contract performance (both technical and financial), the organization of the Division, the management of the Division, and the growth of the Division.
- Led and managed Division resources, provided single interface with Division employees at customer sites and focal point for all Division activities.
- Participated with other senior managers in developing and establishing company-wide policies.
- As a Requirements Manager at Confidential, collaborated with system architects, system developers, testers, and systems engineers to develop and maintain requirements (functional through design) for software, hardware, documentation, and other analysis and design artifacts to be used for development, integration, and testing.
- Performed functional decomposition of requirements into activity diagrams and used these diagrams to further derive system level requirements.
- Used the Rational Tools Suite and the Rational Unified Process and UML Diagramming/Activity Diagrams.
- Provided leadership and expertise as an Confidential Acquisition Professional in the development of acquisition packages for release by the Government to the vendor community, ensured the supporting documentation was accurate, tightly coupled, and in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Facilitated and documented Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings comprised of all stakeholders for individual acquisition efforts.
- Wrote Statements of Work, Competition In Contracting Act of 1984 (CICA) documents, Sole Source Justifications for Other Than Full and Open Competition, Requests For Proposal, and proposal preparation and evaluation documents for the Government Program Office and its Program Managers.
- Provided oversight to contract efforts valued in excess of $179 million.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Directed the team engineering, installing, and integrating the Confidential Automated Messaging System (FAMS) and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) capability.
- Led and managed all Team Confidential resources, coordinated a Government and multi-vendor team, and provided a single focal point for all project activities as a key resource to the Confidential .
- Developed and managed the FAMS Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), rigorously tracked performance against objectives, and ensured Confidential objectives were fully realized.
- Managed all FAMS contract performance, budgeting, project planning and resource allocation.
- Coordinated and participated in design meetings and technical review meetings, developed plans to guide capability development, coordinated preparation of test plans and procedures, reported status of capability development activities, and verified/reported goals and results.
Requirements Management Engineer
Confidential, Hanover, MD
- Supported Systems Engineering as a Requirements Management Engineer.
- Gathered, defined, and analyzed technical requirements for each 90-day Agile development cycle, interpreted user requirements into testable technical requirements for development and testing, managed/administered approved requirements in the IBM Rational RequisitePro RM tool as well as DOORS.
- Drafted and coordinated preparation of requirements documentation for one or more threads, including requirements management plans, requirements documents, and technical briefings.
Project Manager/Management Consultant
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Led the team of seven that stood up the Confidential, Office of Justice Programs Project Management Office (PMO)
- Developed policy, wrote and implemented Project Management (PM) Methodologies and Systems Development Life Cycle processes and procedures
- Provided training to Government Project Managers and project personnel on PM Methodology and use of project management tools, such as Microsoft Project.
- Monitored and controlled PM governance activities, mentored Government Project Managers, provided DCIO with project metrics.
- Provided system engineering support for system automating change control procedures (Configuration Management), including procedures, requirements, and standard practices of Independent Verification and Validation (IV & V), gathered requirements/developed functional requirements document.