- Highly accomplished Senior Information Technology Leader with 20 years of progressive experience in managing large complex IT projects, exceeding expectations, and reducing costs.
- Leadership expertise encompassing; program management / senior project management / service delivery management in infrastructure, network and telecommunication implementations; data center build outs, relocations, and operations; application development, conversion/consolidation, process governance, production support, and gathering and implementing business requirements.
- Broad industry experience includes Merger and Acquisitions, Oil & Gas, Trading, Financial/Trading and Brokerage, Telecommunications and Multimedia.
- A proven track record for delivering initiatives on - time and under-budget, regardless of adverse circumstances or risks, leading multiple teams within global organizations.
- PMP certified.
- Portfolio & Program Management
- Network & Infrastructure
- Data Center Build/Management
- Stakeholder Management
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Risk Management
- Service Delivery Management
- Lean / Six Sigma
- Information Security
- Disaster Recovery
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas (GIS and SCADA)
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Provided Successful Leadership for the Back Office Project Streams
- Microsoft Exchange Upgrade - Built out Exchange 2010 email environment with DR Capabilities, migrated all user and service accounts companywide (14K+ from two separate Exchange 2003 Mail Environments, Networks and AD Forests), ensured application compatibility and decommissioned Exchange 2003 in both old environments.
- Ensured application compatibility testing (upgrade if possible) and subsequent migration into the new system.
- Established a scaled down version of Exchange 2003 to support the legacy FileNet (Enterprise Document Management System - EDMS) system versus costy upgrade.
- AD Consolidation - Upgraded and consolidated two separate Active Directory Domain Forests while minimizing impact to associated technical services and providing business continuity, ensured application compatibility through testing and Proof of Concepts (PoC). Migrated US user desktops, mailboxes, and Blackberries to the (new) Enterprise Domain using multiple tools including Quest Migration Manager. Managed OU and security group rationalization efforts.
- Impacted Technical Services - Led design, PoC testing and implementation of a consolidated remote VPN service, wireless access, RSA fob authentication, network file shares (removing ACL’s after breaking the network trust), BES, NetApp Implementation, remote location Domain Controller deployment etc.
- SharePoint Migrations and Decommissions - Migrated SharePoint users and site collections from 2003 to 2010 (between two independent systems on separate AD Forests), this required a conversion of user ID’s, content and site url’s using the ControlPoint migration tool. Led multiple PoCs to determine the best migration and ID conversion toolset (Avepoint, MetaVis, and ControlPoint). Developed and implemented communication and training programs for site administrators and users. Facilitated policy and governance.
- Provided Successful Leadership for the US Pipelines Consolidation (Northwest, Central, and Southern Pipelines were previously acquired and were in need of consolidation)
- Build out the “SCADA Restricted Security Zone” Network, a shared platform for all disparate pipeline SCADA and Gas Control systems, segregated from the Corporate Network (INGAA, FERC, and NERC compliant)
- Migrated 3 disparate (Citect, Telvent, and Wonderware) SCADA Systems and Gas Control to the newly built SCADA Restricted Security Zone Network without impacting production uptime SLA’s
- Optimized WAN connectivity by installing, restructuring and diversifying all circuits and contracts
- Centralized and consolidated Core Infrastructure Services (Domain Controllers, DNS, SMS, File Share Servers, NetApp Data replication, Backup infrastructure, Citrix environments)
- Decommissioned (6) Microwave Towers located in mountainous terrain under severe weather conditions
- Decommissioned U.S. Western Head Regional Office Data Center and Office Floors
- Consolidated four Confidential Regional Office Floors into one, Decommissioned a small Data Center and Commissioned New Marketing Office
- Led the US Virtualization Program - VMware environment design, build out and system/application migration resulting in 4.7 IVR; converted 700+ physical servers into virtual servers (Prod and DR), included significant stakeholder management, change management, communication, and created operational support processes and governance (SLA’s and OLA’s). PoC for VMware Lab Manager
- Provided leadership for the implementation of Oracle Enterprise Single Sign On (eSSO) environment (formerly vGO), end user rollout and adaption plan
- Infrastructure budget $12+MM USD, 75+ IT, vendor and contract resources (local and geographically dispersed)
- Due Diligence and Contract Negotiation: Managed the RFP process, drove contract structuring and negotiation, and built out co-location Disaster Recovery Tier IV Data Centre Space
- Disaster Recovery Tier IV Data Center Build: design, implementation, and system migration. Built out racks, cabling, power, OC3 and other data circuit installs, Cisco network, and 100+ Windows server environment. Increased speed to market by the utilization of Platespin Technology to clone and migrate application servers.
- Worksite Recovery Office Facility: managed construction and build out of business continuity facility for 75+ Gas Control, SCADA, Transportation Services, IS Support and Commercial employees
- Converted UAT Environment from 60+ individual physical servers to 12 shared VMware servers after leading the VMware PoC
- File Share Server Migration between 2 independent corporations via Quest Migration
- Implemented eMail Continuity Solution, migrated Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Provided IS M & A Infrastructure Leadership for Great Lakes Gas Transmission (GLGT) acquisition
- Managed Infrastructure Budget of $4.5MM USD, 60+ IT, vendor and contractor resources (local and geographically dispersed)
- Managed relocation rebuild and upgrade of Telvent HPUX SCADA Systems (Prod, DR, UAT, and Dev)
- Managed the re-hosting/build of the Commercial Application Suite and Operations & Engineering environments, network file share consolidation, SharePoint SPS 2001 to MOSS 2007, Workstation and eMail Migrations
- Managed relocation and partial conversion of the Great Lakes Pipeline Information Center from Bentley to ESRI ARC (GIS Systems comprised: 1) Bentley - MicroStation Interface, MicroStation Graphics Engine, ISAT Oracle RDBMS database 2) ESRI ArcIMS, ArcInfo, Arc SDE, Arc GIS Pipeline Data Model - APDM geodatabase) to interface with GE PipeView. Performed post acquisition analysis of US companywide geospatial analysis tools for a companywide global comparison.
- Managed Cisco network gear and desktop multistate refresh of 40+ Compressor and Meter Stations
- Managed Circuit rationalization and rebalancing of the WAN
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Core Network build out and system migration of Corporate Enterprise Data Center. Protocols used: MPLS, OSPF, BGP, QoS. Topology consisted of Juniper M10i Internet Routers and Cisco 7609 Corporate Backbone; Foundry FESX448 Internet aggregation switches; McAfee IntruShield Network IPS Appliances; Juniper Netscreen 5200 Physical Firewall for each Data Security designation, Juniper M320 Core Routers; Foundry MG8 Core Switching for logical tier (Presentation, Application, Database, and Management); Servers are cabled to primary access layer switch, secondary access layer switch, and a backnet access layer switch. The access layer switch ports are assigned into the appropriate VLAN based on the security classification of the server. Migrated Domain Controllers, Database Clusters, SAN, VMWare ESX, Unix, and Linux Environments
- Network Management System Program:
- ManageEngine OpManager Distributed Monitoring System: PoC and Implementation of (14) IBM x3550 Linux Servers geographically dispersed. SNMP standardization of all network devices.
- PoC and Implementation: Network General Sniffer, Juniper NSM, Foundry Ironview, and McAfee Intrushield, Emprisa Networks E-NetAware, Network Intelligence, and Cisco Works
- Wireless Guest Networking: Implemented wireless solution to enable secure connection to corporate network without using VPN.
- Regional Firmware and OS upgrades for all firewalls
- Regional Network Upgrades to enable Avaya 9600 VOIP Phone Implementation; switch and firewall code upgrades in Corporate, Regional, and Campus Data Centers
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Provided IT Organization (Infrastructure) Leadership for eBusiness 1 - Web Strategies Program, the #2 Enterprise Initiative, controlling a budget of $6MM USD with 20+ matrix resources
- Managed relationship between IT and the Public Affairs Line of Business for the eBusiness 1 Initiative.
- Managed Data Center Relocation Program and Shadow Mirroring Backup PoC
- Leveraged Six Sigma, ITIL, and PMI Methodologies to assist in improving IT Service Delivery and SLA development and process improvements across the IT Organization (Infrastructure)
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TEAM MANAGER / SERVICE DELIVERY CONSULTANT
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Provided Technical Program & Project Management for 6 very large enterprise initiatives between 2002 -2006 with the average budget of $15MM USD, averaging 30+ matrix resources. Programs included: Vignette Enterprise Portal Implementation, SharePoint SPS 2003 Implementation and End User Rollout, Data Center Relocation, Anti-Money Laundry Shared Infrastructure, Enterprise Infrastructure Rationalization (ITIL), Market Technology Infrastructure (Trading Floor) Blade Computing Implementation, ITIL Service Level Management Implementation, Risk Technology ETL, Data Mart Data Storage Migration
- Typical enterprise architecture implemented was geographically dispersed and included 10+application interfaces, LAN/WAN connectivity, private network, firewall configuration, Big IP, .Net/Java J2EE/Coldfusion/C++, iPlanet presentation layer, Weblogic or WebSphere clustered application layer, Oracle/Siebel/SAS/Sybase/DB2 data layer; VMWare/Solaris/Linux/AIX/Wintel OS, SUN/Fujitsu/IBM (blade)/HP mid-range servers, SiteMinder SSO authentication, proprietary authorization middleware, EMC or Hitachi SAN and NAS storage, Shared Tape Storage, Tivoli Capacity and Performance Monitoring Tools, base health and welfare server monitoring, SiteScope application and customer experience monitoring, automated code deployment tools, and content management tool integration
- Typical Market Technology Infrastructure architecture (MTI Trading Floor) implementation was high availability; locally redundant as well as geographically dispersed. Transaction vendor network layer traffic routed on private DS3s (Bloomberg & Reuters) into BAC distributions layer Cisco 7603(s) while IDBs (Canter-Fitzgerald, Gavin, Etc.) routed thru T1(s). Distribution layer consisted of sun v440 calc engines. End user layer consisted of blade desktops.
- Provided personnel supervision for a team of Technical Project Managers, Engineers, Developers, Business Analysts, Architects, Process Analysts and Contractors (NCG Resources)
CHANGE MANAGER - Vice President
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Provided project leadership to Network Computing Group (Infrastructure) resources for multiple client initiatives that required eCommerce, Data Center build out, Telephony, or Contact Center infrastructure relocations. Led Oneness Upgrade Project for 2 Call Centers (consolidation different systems into one common workstation, OS upgrade on desktops, telephone platform, BES Blackberries and mobile devices) NT to Win2000, delivered on time and under budget