- 10+ years of working as a Scrum Master/BA in the finance industry.
- Responsible for overseeing all task activities assigned to the Scrum team are performed in a timely manner with minimal technical debt, while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the teams, and coach them to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Remove impediments by finding the right personnel to assist with or remove the issues at hand.
- Create a problem - solving oriented environment where issues can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Manage project scope and project schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Worked in several environments and worked closely with teams performing ATDD, TDD, BDD
- Good experience running an Agile Release Train in SAFe framework
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiate information.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially in respect to refining and managing the product backlog.’
- Enable the scrum teams to own and uphold the Definition of Done
- Collaborate with other teams in each project and review/refine the strategy based on the organizational needs and participate in Scrum of Scrum meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle senior management, clients and stakeholders at offshore and onshore locations.
- Target and cost driven; always emphasize the long term goals putting the customer perspective as top priority.
- Effective and efficient problem solving ability - solution oriented.
- Very good team player, motivator and leader.
- Possess extreme flexibility at work; adaptive to all situations; professional in approach.
- Respect for and adherence to established policies, practices and ethics.
- Proven ability in preparing Business and System Use Cases and supporting all the documents with UML Diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, creating workflows using formal notation such as the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), MS-Visio and Enterprise Architect.
- Highly proficient in developing and managing MS access and SQL server database for data entry and storage.
- Have high level working knowledge of Data Warehousing, Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) and Business Intelligence (BI) tools and OLTP/OLAP systems.
- Extensive experience in acting as liaison between management and development team and QA team for Requirements and Conducted JAD sessions in pleasant and expeditious manners to understand and document requirements such as functional, interface and GUI designs.
- Highly resourceful in performing Functionality Testing, Regression Testing, Unit testing, System Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and creating Test Scenarios
- Involved in maintaining the Test & Traceability Matrix, change control process and assisting in Post implementation activities.
- Skilled at development of materials for the latest technology and process enhancements. Trained users and user managers
- Proactive in providing remote and onsite support to end user during post-implementation
- Instrumental in conducting risk assessment of projects and coordinated project deadlines with a view to decreasing the beta release time considerably.
- Highly recognized for excellent communication people skills, project management capability and the ability to successfully influence and drive harmony across cross-functional teams
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS:
OS: MVS/ESA, Z/OS, Windows
Hardware: IBM Mainframe
Language: JCL, COBOL, SQL, CICS, Data Structures, XML,SAS, C,C++, Java (Basic), R, Python ( Basic), PIG, HIVE,SQOOP
Databases: DB2,VSAM, Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL, MS-Access
Cloud: Sales Force ( Basic )
Tools:: CLARITY, JIRA, Confluence, Kanban, Rally, Service Now, Sharepointe,VISIO, Fileaid, Alchemist,Endevor,Easytrieve, XPEDITOR, (Batch/CICS),CA7,JOBTRAC
Reporting Tool: COGNOS, TABLEAU
Other: Advanced Analytics, ETL, DWH concept,Insurance Claims Analytics, Banking Fraud Analytics (Banking),Data Analytics,Predictive Analysis Data Exploration, Machine Learning,Hadoop and Map Reduce in Big DataML Algorithm.
Confidential, Missoula, MT
- Facilitating the Scrum Ceremonies - Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Responsible responsible for running the daily standup meeting, ensure team members have stories assigned, ensure story status is properly updated,ensure stories are elaborated
- Identify and remove impediments for the Scrum teams directly or via escalation
- Lead a Scrum team to perform planning, development and testing on a large software development, implementation and integration project.
- Work with Technology and Product Leadership on release planning.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Interface with product owners on an active basis to manage product backlog and sprint activitie.
- Understand and be able to articulate strategic and product planning and goals in the team's environment and progress toward them
- Supports Product Owner ensuring the product backlog is properly refined - prioritizing to maximize value and using creative techniques for elaborating user stories to be ready for the upcoming 1-2 sprints.
- Prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans
- Ensure all scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported on a daily basis.
- Facilitated acceptance test driven development (ATDD)
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Help manage dependencies among teams and third parties
- Improved the customer experience by providing the details thru various reports and dashboards .
Tools: Agile, SAFE 4.5, SCRUM, JIRA, VersionOne, ATDD, BDD, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational XDE, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, Base Clear Case, MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio.
Confidential, Crestview Hills, KY
- Facilitated Daily stand up meetings, product backlog grooming sessions, Sprint reviews and Sprint retrospectives for my scum team and was responsible for maintaining the health of each sprint.
- Used JIRA/Confluence to manage all artifacts (EPICs, User Stories, Acceptance criteria, meeting minutes, action items, all project related documentation, etc) for the projects.
- Worked closely with Product Owner during sprint review sessions, to ensure all stories met the agreed upon definition of done as set by scrum team.
- Responsible to remove impediments, as the projects involved data/inputs from multiples departments, hence requiring constant and effective communication with various stakeholders to clear roadblocks and ensure the team remained on task all the time.
- Used key metrics like burn-down charts, velocity, commitment reliability, scope changes to help deliver committed work to business stakeholders.
- Partnered with Business Users, interfacing/impacted Applications and IT PMO teams throughout ITUP SDLC in coordinating and facilitating all stages and milestones of projects.
- Discovered, documented and maintained quality business requirements for assigned tracks. Developed Review Records for requirements gathering sessions and other working/review sessions (SR, HLD, AD) and tracked down open action items to closure prior to gathering Approvals.
- Facilitated ATDD, TDD, and BDD for different scrum teams
- Managed Scope during Requirements gathering sessions by ensuring requirements are within the scope outlined in the Project Scope Document (PSD) and identified/documented Requirements related risks.
- Conducted and lead Business Requirements review sessions and gathered business approval for BRDs. Developed JRD/BRD and maintained requirements in Requisite-Pro.
- Owned and managed all Attributes, Tagging and Tracing of all requirements and ensured that there were no gaps (hanging/orphan requirements) in TTR’s generated in Requisite Pro.
- Designed and developed Use Cases using MS Visio.
- Facilitated meetings with architects to finalize Solution Approach review sessions and working sessions of all major artifacts - SRD, HLD, AD.
- Worked closely with Application teams and was responsible for creation of Change Requests (CR) in One ATT CR tool and presenting them at CR forum.
- Served as a back-up to Application Track PMs and handled tasks (leading meetings, tracking pending tasks with applications, etc) on several occasions.
- Managed Projects in PRISM (setting up application folders in Artifact view; setting up of artifact packages in Work-Flow-Template; track application package delivery for all milestones - M3, M5, M6, M7 and DG3; review application artifacts for all milestones against IT UP standards).
- Prepared and maintained all documentation in project SharePoint folders (application dependencies, project contacts, tracking progress of work done in all milestones, etc).
Tools: Waterfall, Agile, SAFE 4.0, SCRUM, JIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational XDE, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, Base Clear Case, MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio.
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
- Determine project scope, develop project charter, business case, project plans, project schedule, issue/ risk logs, release plans, roadmaps, work breakdown structure and maintain Status Dashboards
- Facilitate daily Scrum stand-ups, release planning, sprint planning, sprint reviews, user acceptance testing and retrospectives.
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of product backlog, continuous integration, formulating user stories, acceptance criteria and determining sprint backlogs and burn-down charts.
- Manage and lead a team of Business Analysts, Developers and Testers
- Release Management by creating ServiceNow Change tickets for upcoming production deployments.
- Incident Management - closely working with L1/L2 Application support & Application Dev teams to address production incidents as and when required.
- Responsible for project execution through all phases of Project Life Cycle.
- Proactively identify risks and issues, monitor and participate in mitigation and contingency actions to address them throughout the project life cycle.
- Work with the procurement team for all the administrative tasks required for resources’ logistic needs.
- Responsible for budget planning, documenting funding requests, submitting change variance requests on a program level.
- Provide weekly Program status reports to the Senior Leadership.
Scrum Master/Business System Analyst
Confidential, Erwin, TN
- Understand the data needs of the future system while documenting the existing system like trades. Analyze, define source and target structure and perform gap analysis for data migration
- Works closely with technology and business user staff to complete workflow improvement and document functional specifications for systems
- Serves as a liaison between the Business and Technology Department. Enhanced communication lines between executives, managers, and peers.
- Conducted stakeholder Joint Application Design (JAD) interviews and facilitated meetings with project team.
- Worked closely with the product owners for better understanding of the project
- Expert in Agile methodology
- Wrote User Stories in the JIRA tool with the approval of Product Owner.
- Conducted Pre-grooming and Grooming Session with my testers and developers so they have proper understanding of what the business wants
- Expert in writing User Acceptance Criteria for my team
- Lead Sprint Planning meetings and had 3 week sprints.
- Lead the daily stand up meeting on behalf of SCRUM Master
- Conducted a retrospective meeting where we analyzed what went well and how we can improve our future sprint.
- Perform design and analysis of modifications to In-Store systems and developed designed and modified operational and financial reports and programs.
- Work closely with user groups to create functionality specifications for new or upgraded systems
- Coordinate activities with other vendors which includes - focus in managing of rating, billing and provisioning errors and ensuring that the business is not hampered due to this.
- Manage any change requests related to the project plans in order to meet the agreed deadlines
- Prepare interview questionnaires for the clients to gather requirements and prepared Functional Specifications and User Requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance & development of all the IT related entities in the Utility operations like Billing system, SMSC, VMS, Mediation, etc.
- Analyze test planning data using reports and graphs generated in Quality Center
- Working closely with business stakeholders in understanding their full lifecycles for merchandising, marketing, and email campaigns
- Partner with IT vendors and other external business partners on development and service relationships
- Provide the status reporting of team activities against the program plan or schedule to the project manger
- Ensure that the deliverables were prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule
- Assist in refinement of development methodology and in corporate emerging standards and improvements in the industry.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Oracle9i, SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Mercury QC, UML, Agile, Jira, SCRUM
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Ensured proper accounting of general ledger transactions and prepared monthly general ledger reconciliations.
- Served as backup for other general ledger accountants, including generating and maintaining financial statements reports.
- Performed necessary functions to assist in the maintenance of accounts and system.
- Assisted with month-end close which included reviewing and posting all inventory related automated journal entries.
- Participated in requirement analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements via user interviews and JAD sessions with the process owners, stakeholders and document analysis and represented the requirements in RTM using Requisite Pro.
- Wrote user requirement specification (URS) and Functional requirements specification (FRS) as per the Business requirements and process flow.
- Developed UML Use Cases for the application using Rational Rose and prepared the detailed Work flow diagram based on the proposed enhancements for the system.
- Actively involved in the UML based Class, Communication and activity Diagrams for certain modules of the application in collaboration with Design Team.
- Extensively interacted with both user group and development team in coming up with structured charts, Class and Sequence diagrams.
- Interacted in the designing of Oracle database.
- Used Ration Clear Quest for all types of change requests, including defects, enhancements, issues and documentation changes with a flexible workflow process.
- Successfully assisted my team to switch from Waterfall Methodology to Agile Methodology
- Converted FRD documents into User Story and updated in the backlog using the JIRA tool
- Attended daily standup meetings with Scrum Master and Product owner
- Developed modules in the HR department for the user and about the new system.
Tools: Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, JIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational XDE, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, Base Clear Case, MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare reports and models
- Research and identify potential markets and market trends
- Draft presentations and marketing strategies
- Suggest investment options to clients, and offer financial services
- Study stocks, bonds, and commodity markets
- Meet clients and understand their future needs for investment and plan accordingly
- Manage client database and collaborate with the marketing team
- Perform risk analysis and structure credit transactions
Environment: Windows, MS Access, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power-point, MS Visio)