- 14 years of experience in software development, application maintenance and IT technical support, automation and performance - resiliency assessment and improvement.
- Leadership oriented management professional with experience in diverse techno-functional roles.
- Experience managing multi-geo 24/7 Technical Support team of 40+ members and external vendors.
- Expertise in identifying and implementing resiliency, performance, scalability and automation strategies.
- Implementing technology and management best practices and building project management maturity.
- Managed delivery responsibility of cross functional team across multiple offshore and onsite locations.
- Experience in Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, ITIL and ITSM. Experience performing Scrum Master Role.
- IT Support Management
- Incident Management
- RPA Automation
- Software development
- Waterfall & Agile-Scrum
- ITIL Framework
- Derivatives trading
- Team building
- Multi Geo coordination
TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS:
- C++, VC++, MFC, COM,.NET
- Windows API, WDK, DTM
- SQL, Toad, Oracle SQL Dev:
- Unix, AIX, Windows
- GitHub, Subversion, CC
- Blue Prism
- JIRA, RTC, Case Tracker
- ISM, Remedy, SNOW, QC
- MQ, Autosys
Confidential, Quincy, MA
Technical Project Manager
- Manage day-to-day activities of a 24/7 multi-geo IT support team working in production support of a globally used trading platform.
- Primarily responsible for the resolution of production incidents and service restoration within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) to ensure business continuity.
- Drive Major Incident Command Centre calls by coordinating with multiple application and infrastructure vendor teams for timely resolution of incidents.
- Establish regular communication channel with stakeholders, ownership of MI ticket and Action Items.
- Ensure that team has technical capability, application knowledge, tools and other resources required for timely resolution of incidents.
- Prioritize incidents based on criticality and business impact.
- Track and analyse repeated non-major incidents, study potential MI risk and take appropriate short term and long-term resolution steps.
- Escalation point for all performance, stability, scalability and resiliency issues and initiatives of the production region.
- Identify, develop and maintain documents, policies and processes like Known Error Database (KEDB) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Major Incident Timelines, Shift Plan, Shift Handover procedures, Weekend support schedule, Major Incident Response process, Communication and Escalation policies for the successful operation of the team.
- Work with team to create RCA for issues using Fishbone diagram and the 5-Why method and create Action Tickets for applying fixes.
- Use ISM and SNOW ticketing tools for effective Incident, Service, Problem and Change Management.
- Plan and execute essential maintenance and automation activities like Disaster Recovery (DR) exercise, Database performance tuning and weekend scheduled maintenances.
- Periodically collect, analyse, track and report Key Performance Indicator (KPI) like ticket count, ticket areas, SLA adherence, Major Incident statistics, Root Cause area categorization, MTTR for WSR meeting and stake holder reporting.
- Implement new technical ideas, processes and procedures that support continuous improvement of platform and team.
- Coordinate the effort of support and development engineers to assess and implement technical and process changes.
- Plan and execute pre and post deployment activities like Go/No-Go review, Change Acceptance Board (CAB) meetings, weekend production deployment and check-out activities and post production hyper care support period of new platform functionalities.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Managed a team of 40+ members performing enhancement, maintenance and IT production support of a Derivatives trading and Record Keeping System of large investment bank.
- Mentored the team comprising of business analysts, developers, configuration engineers and support engineers to build a high-performance team which won accolades for responsibility, technical capability and resolution of multiple critical application outages there by avoiding financial and reputation loss.
- Applied ITIL framework and improved performance, resiliency and scalability of applications which helped the bank to ramp up business in EMEA and APAC.
- Achieved and maintained high levels of project KPIs and Customer Service Rating (CSR). SPOC with hands-on engagement in Incident Management, Service Request Management, Problem Management/RCA and Change Management using ITSM tools.
- Performed cross functional team management, multi-geo coordination, shift and weekend activities planning, shift handover, ticket assignment, prioritization, tracking and closure.
- Designed and developed new features and enhancements in C++, VC++, COM and SQL with Sybase and Oracle backend.
- Prioritized development stories, enhancement items and bugfixes into production release based on business value, criticality and severity of items.
Tech Lead & Scrum Master
- Led the design and development of a new data driver printer driver architecture for the largest consumer electronics company in the world.
- Accomplished the design, development and roll out of the first ever data driven printer driver platform.
- Established the first ever Agile-Scrum development team in the large format printer division.
- Gathered customer requirements, designed and developed new features for the driver.
- Worked with customer and team in breaking down the requirements into Agile stories.
- Guided the team in picking, developing and delivery of stories until customer acceptance.
- Facilitated different Agile-Scrum ceremonies, ensured burn down chart updates, resolved impediments and incorporated retrospective outcomes.
Senior Development Engineer
- Installed new IVR based automated systems across multiple railways and telecom circles.
- Developed software using C++, COM, MFC for IVRS based on Intel’s Dialogic and C-DOT hardware systems.
- Gathered problem definition and requirements from customer and, conceptualized and proposed solutions.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented the IVR system at customer site.
- Performed acceptance testing and gathered sign-off.
- Maintenance of applications throughout the hyper care and AMC period.