Over eighteen years of large company systems experience with expertise in project management and IT systems, servicing UNIX and Windows distributed platforms and servers and POS. Experience overseeing testing, support, maintenance, development, conversions, integrations, rollouts, software deployment, hardware deployment, upgrades, mergers and acquisitions. Managed and maintained corporate system infrastructure required to support various platforms and systems. Strong project management, organizational skills, leadership and teamwork, enabled projects to be completed on time and allowed for continuous analysis of systems and applications leading to reductions in production support call volume while increasing up time.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Project Management/Microsoft Project
- Frame relay and VSAT WAN, Networking
- Project Management Institute / OS PMI Member
- Acquisitions and Systems Conversions
- Security, Kernel Tuning
- Systems Integration/Rollouts
- UNIX, Windows
- Systems Architect
- SDLC, Software deployment, Version Control
- Disaster Recovery
- Servers (HP, Compaq, Dell, IBM)
- Procedural and Technical Documentation Writing
- Hardware (Thin clients, PCs, servers, POS)
- Independent Business Owner with a relationship marketing company in the Health & Wellness industry.
Stock & Option Trader 2006-Present
- Buy and sell equities long and short positions
- Buy and sell stock options including spreads and leaps both long and short positions.
Confidential, Warwick, RI 2004-2008
Project Manager, Store Systems / POS and Pharmacy
- Managed a team of professionals responsible for testing software and hardware, deployment of hardware & software to multiple platforms and third level store support for pharmacy and POS systems.
- Created a software distribution system to deploy, update, report and monitor 2,100 POS systems and 1,800 pharmacy systems. The system was designed, built, tested and implemented in three months.
- Responsible for testing and certifying new technologies.
- Created a rollout center (staff, procedures, policies, and training) to manage the conversion of Eckerd systems to the Brooks’ systems for POS, back office and Pharmacy store systems.
- Hired to work on the acquisition of 1,800 Eckerd pharmacy stores into the existing 320 store Brooks chain. The conversion was more than 50% completed when Brooks was acquired by Rite Aid.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI 1991-2003
IT Manager / Project Manager Store Systems (1998-2003)
- Managed a staff of Systems Administrators, developers, contractors, analysts, leads and 3rd level support.
- Conducted budget tracking of hardware and software licensing for existing, new and relocation stores in addition to rollout budgets of new equipment.
- Designed an automated data movement system that increased the efficiency of the "File Buy / Data Conversion" process from 2 stores per day to 50 stores per day. Enhanced the process from manual to automated included error capturing, email reporting and pager alerts.
- Defined a re-usable, automated and scalable process to convert data from acquired stores to be accomplished within a nine-hour window from close of store to opening using two different third party conversion companies. The process was created enabling CVS to convert up to 50 stores on any given day.
- Provided documentation and training to supporting departments as enhancements and new technologies were introduced into the architecture.
- Acted as Lead Architect for new pharmacy business model that required a flexible platform to run the existing application and/or the new application.
- Evaluated and provided recommendations for hardware to replace discontinued product and provided guidance necessary for code modifications to integrate new hardware.
- Managed the largest (4000+ stores) and longest (18 months) store system rollout in CVS history completing on schedule with a year-end service level exceeding objectives.
- Managed the development of a prescription mail order system and process that allowed data entry in RI while simultaneously allowing prescriptions to be filled and shipped remotely. All data maintained remotely. The system was defined, created, tested and implemented within a few weeks.
Senior Software Architect (1995-1998)
- Customer service was improved by reducing overall call volume by 28% via implementing a proactive monitor and alerting system.
- Designed and implemented a software distribution system allowing for automated Email reporting, queuing flexibility, network threshold hard and soft stops, auditing and version control.
- Promoted twice within a three-year period from associate software architect to senior software architect.
- Designed and built a staging center, conversion system and rollout process to acquire two separate retail chains. REVCO consisted of a 2,400+ store acquisition and ARBOR consisted of a 260+ store acquisition. By analyzing systems and creating automated processes, enabled the company to save over $3M on computer hardware and rollout costs.
- Created Korn and Bourne shell scripts.
- Provided second level support for the Helpdesk and Field Technical Services.
- Developed New Store, Closed Store, and relocation processes and procedures.
- Integrated a Frame Relay WAN network replacing VSAT.
- SCO UNIX systems administrator for 3,800+ stores.
- Built more efficient "store like" test labs enabling quicker to market software implementations.
- Implemented menu driven support scripts to assist with troubleshooting, system configuration and overall maintenance enabling quicker response and increasing support efficiency.
- Co-developed and implemented the CVS rapid refill IVR system.
Associate Systems Programmer / Junior Systems Programmer (1994-1995)
- On call 24X7X365 as second level support to the Helpdesk and Field technicians for all pharmacy store system related issues.
- Served as UNIX systems administration for 1,100+ stores including security, access, communications, backups, software licensing and monitoring hardware failures.
- Created supporting documentation for the new platform and trained over 100 support staff members on all aspects of hardware, rollout and application support.
- Introduced TCP/IP into the Rx store system replacing serial ASYNC connectivity increasing throughput and network efficiency.
Senior Logistics Technician (1993-1994)
- Analyzed, tested and defined all hardware requirements to be rolled out to 1,100+ stores.
- Supported the rollout of VSAT WAN network replacing dial up.
- Supported and maintained the POS and Pharmacy store systems at field level including new stores and relocations, upgrades, disaster recoveries, equipment installation and troubleshooting.
- Implemented a leased line communications system between neighboring stores to reduce cost and increase network throughput.
Help Desk Technician (1991-1993)
- Performed first level support to the pharmacy and POS store systems.
- Handled disaster recoveries, backups and overall troubleshooting of store systems.
- Supported Field Technical Service Technicians as needed for store support.
PMI Project Management Boot Camp.
UnixWare 7 Network Administration
OSR5 Admin II System Administration, Configuration and Maintenance
Applied SCO System V Support Workshop
TCP/IP and NFS Administration and Configuration
Shell Programming for Systems Administrators
UNIX System V/386 Administratio