SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR/PROJECT MANAGER
Proven Success in Systems Optimization and Strategic IT Solutions
Accomplished systems administrator with 18 years of experience managing server infrastructures and data-center operations across multiple platforms (Unix, Linux, and Windows). Effectively plan, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure to consistently achieve high availability and performance.
Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems/network optimization/project management. Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in a range of IT environments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF IT SKILLS
- LAN/WAN/NOC Administration
- Project Management
- Workflow Planning
- Productivity Improvement
- Technical Support Systems Installation, Configuration & Upgrading
- Security Solutions
- Data Migration Design & Management
- NOS Patches & Updates
- Training & Mentoring
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Provided project lifecycle leadership over all phases of enterprise wide IT implementations, supporting the Department Of Defense (DOD).
Project Manager/Technical Analyst, Windows 7, and Server Group Supporting the Government,2011 to 2012
- Promoted to project manager role to plan, schedule and execute all stages of enterprise software, hardware and system implementations. Assessed business implications for each project phase and monitored progress to meet deadlines, standards and milestones.
- Drove impressive improvements across the business as a result of IT implementations. Equipped Xtreme Solutions with solutions that accelerated the bidding process on architectural projects and staff augmentations by 35%.
- Excelled in guiding the work of technical teams. Articulated project goals and scope, translated business needs into technical terms, prepared detailed work breakdown structures (WBS) and instilled shared accountability for achieving project milestones, and maintained an accurate Action Item Registry.
- Created cost-benefit analyses and assessments that were used as the basis for decision-making on proposed IT implementation projects.
- Resolved numerous project issues including staffing shortages, tactical matters, scope creep and divergent business and user needs.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA, 2009 to 2011
Systems /Network Consultant (2009 to 2010)
Project Manager/ Database Migration Lead (2010 to 2011)
Hired in a full-time consultant role, served as Project Manager, and Migration Lead. Involved in the development and enhancements of the Marketing Data created to address the analytical ,marketing, and client needs of Telecom Services Trinidad & Tobago (TSTT) for the island Trinidad & Tobago Data Migration, utilizing Granite Inventory client.
- Participated in the design, development and enhancement of the Granite mappings, shell scripts, and naming conventions.
- Worked as production support analyst and actively participated in the short and long term resolution for the production issues. Proposed design solutions for the enhancements and defects of the database.
- Researched, recommended and implemented network enhancements that improved system reliability and performance, through Network Monitoring.
- Attending code review meetings, presenting the enhancements to the team, moving the code to test environments and implementing the final code in production.
- Trained employees across multiple departments on Granite operations including log-in procedures, network management software security and use of software Path and Path Elements.
- These efforts resulted in reduced cost of reduency, and faster problem resolution
Independent Contractor - Atlanta, GA, 1999 to 2012
Consulted with client companies to provide Web-based and network solutions along with strategic planning and project leadership over systems migration, configuration, administration, upgrades and troubleshooting initiatives.
Key Contributions:Directed the implementation and performance tuning of Windows 2003 Server environment for client's global operations. Delivered a major improvement over old VPN system that catapulted productivity of remote sales force. Led in-house and consultant team in large-scale Windows server upgrade for North Chicago School District, which significantly enhanced system performance and student performance. Resolved a history of problematic network failure by troubleshooting LAN/WAN connections between multiple schools. Drove a 25% decrease in Web site downtime by migrating DNS, and Firewall servers to Linux server. Corrected server configuration problems, wrote scripts to ensure smooth server/reboot functioning, and assisted with a variety of Linux-based inquiries and concerns. Configure, build, and performed QA of Window 2000, 2003, and 2008 servers network implementation throughout the lifecycle. Stabilized, expanded and protected client network and PC environment. Built new file servers to maximize Web hosting, terminal server, file/print sharing and domain control performance.
Master Certificate Project Management
Bachelors of Science, Computer Science
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Core Switches
Cisco Router Configuration