IT PROJECT MANAGER
Dynamic professional with extensive experience leading global IT infrastructure projects in manufacturing, food products, apparel, distribution and healthcare organizations. Proven track record guiding teams to deliver systems and meet project deadlines. Highly effective in working with diverse temperaments and team building by instilling loyalty and trust.
- RESULTS ORIENTED -Successfully Led 7 person team over 10 month project to migrate Australia, New Zealand, and Japan businesses to SAP running on Windows and SQL Server platforms on single global instance.
- INNOVATIVE - Created and implemented strategy to cluster 35 application servers at remote manufacturing plants to 2 mirrored systems at corporate data center.
- CUSTOMER ORIENTED - Single Technical Support for Systems, Enterprise Applications, Server Support, Security, Database, Ad-Hoc Reporting and Printer Support.
- DATA CENTER EXPERIENCE - Developed, trained and implemented system support processes. Designed and implemented disaster recovery, backup and storage strategies. Adept at application and infrastructure change management processes.
- PROCESS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT MENTOR - Lead team to simplify PMO processes. Redesigned PMO check-in processes, lead redesign of PMO Portal. Developed PM Mentoring program and mentored functional project managers.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential - Garland, TX 2009
Technology an innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. Raytheon had a 2008 net sales of $23.8 Billion with 3,000 employees.
Contract Project Manager for network and security projects. Projects included new application setup and connection to network, new circuit implementations, transitioned applications to new internet gateways, and set up DMZ's.
One of the world's largest brand-name apparel marketers with 2008 sales of $4.4 billion. Confidential manufactures and markets branded jeans and casual apparel under the Confidential
Led the delivery of global infrastructure projects providing skilled project management leadership. Developed project proposals, resource assignments, project charter, project management plan, organization structure, project schedule, status reports, change and issue management, customer acceptance and project closure activities.
- Managed and oversaw all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities monitored status.
- Led PMO process improvement by simplifying required Project Management Methodology deliverables.
- Provided support for MS Project Server for all of IT.
- Provided support to Senior Management during Annual Operating Planning.
- Provided support for functional project managers.
Confidential - AS/400 Engineering Support
Primary engineering support for AS/400 systems for 33 manufacturing locations, catalog operations, and transportation facility.
- Successfully managed project to Cluster 33 AS/400s at remote Mfg. locations into 3 AS/400s at Westlake, TX Data Center.
- Trained, supported and directed daily operations support for AS/400 systems.
- Installed and implemented MIMIX mirroring software on two production systems.
- Developed, implemented and tested AS/400 disaster recover drills (two a year).
- Developed, rolled out, and supported Client Access for Windows to 32 remote plants.
- Managed projects on several CISC to RISC AS/400 conversions and move catalog operations from AS/400 in Knoxville to Westlake.
Recent Project Listing
- SAP Asia Pacific Migration Infrastructure and Basis Project (Australia, New Zealand, Japan)
- Windows Server RFP and Implementation Project
- Mercury/HP Business Availability Center Software Implementation
- Migrate zSeries (IBM Mainframe)Report archive to Windows Based Document Solution (Document Direct)
- UNIX HW and OS, Oracle Upgrade - 3 US Distribution Centers
- iSeries (AS/400) Manufacturing 35 Plant Server Consolidation
- Sox Change Management
- MS Exchange Consolidation
- PMO Simplification (SharePoint update, Project Checkpoints, PM Mentoring)
- Software: MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook), MS Project Server, Lotus Notes, HP PPM, MAPICS, SAP
- Hardware: IBM xSeries,HP/Compaq, iSeries (AS400), S/36
B.A., Business Computer Information Systems.