Experienced bilingual (English and Chinese) information system executive with strong business orientation and technical background, specializing in traditional and web based information systems, global IT strategy & execution, ERP system implementation and integration in manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and e-commerce environments.
- Proven ability to bridge gaps between business and technology resulting in increased productivity and measurable profitability;
- Track records of streamlining operations, reducing costs, increasing productivity, re-engineering business processes and successful transaction from decentralized IT to centralized IT platform.
- Outstanding planning, budgeting, negotiation skills and abilities to coordinate with other business units;
- Excellent leadership and project management skills with persuasive oral and written communication abilities to drive new development and system implementation processes from start to finish.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Chief Technology Officer and Board Member 2010 – Present
- Responsible for all IT start up operations in the group including web development, group infrastructure, cell phone, PDA application, call center, satellite GPS vehicles tracking system and telecommunication include CISCO IP Telephone Systems;
- Made presentations to the investors and the board of directors regarding the start up plans, organization plan, technology trends and our strategic plans;
- Built up the 130+ personnel IT share service for all group companies with P/L responsibilities.
- Planned and designed SAP as group ERP platform to support Regulatory and EPA requirements for all group companies;
- Initialized the integration interface with all restaurants and franchisees systems.
Chief Information Officer/Chief Security Officer2005-2010
- Made successful transaction from decentralized IT to centralized IT with global SOX processes for IPO.
- Managed day to day IT operations and supported the all areas of business to achieve the business goals through the business processes improvement to achieve the corporate objectives.
- Standardized ERP system (SAP) globally to satisfy GAAP and regulatory requirements based different country/regions with the capability of consolidation at corporate level to insure corporate financial filing on time.
- Established global MPLS (private network) and IT policies include security, internet/intranet, network, document system, PC and Laptop.
- Initiated manufacturing processes improvements to achieving significant profits through optimizing the process (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, JIT SMED, Kaizen, Poka-yoke, Jidoka, Kanban) and gaining alignment during the product, organization and sourcing strategy changes
- Liaison with Board of Directors; led IT turn around and consolidation strategy (P&L responsibility) for business units in 12 countries with 34 facilities.
- Directed business processes on global scale and cross sectors.
- Managed cross culture IT team to support company in massive growth mode and achieved high ROI by consolidating the data centers through built DC in low cost area and shut down DC in high cost area, which resulting in immediate $1.5M licenses saving and $750K annual maintenance savings .
- Re-implemented SAP at current version with the lean manufacture processes
- Integrated with BigMachine Remote Sales office and CRM (saleforce.com)
- Implemented 6-sigma and SOX complied systems with Hyperion business intelligent reports.
- Responsible for worldwide infrastructure, business systems, strategic planning, budgeting and staffing as well as project management
- Streamline corporate closing processes with automated inventory, warehouse and production systems
- Responsible for the IT due diligent for M&A target companies.
Executive VP / Chief Information Officer 2003-2005
- P & L responsibilities for Technology and Telecommunication sectors in 15 countries (USA, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico, China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa).
- Establish and manage the global infrastructure group, global data center and global support center.
- Initiate Global CRM, Development and Training Center and TOC (Technology Operation Center).
- Lead global strategy effort and communicate with Board of Directors and investors.
- Create global business plan and technology plan for new technology leaded business models.
- Plan and manage global SAP implementation including the integration with mass chain stores using EDI and RFID.
- Streamline the global business process to ensure turn around results and to work effectively with reorganized structure.
- Orchestrate teamwork and communications between the divisions to ensure internal and external customers receive proper attentions.
- Co-spouse 6 sigma and ISO 9001 projects and a member of the steering committee.
- Help to manage the marketing analysis for China and South East Asia to ensure the success of the expansion for penetrating Asia pacific markets.
- Manage production for off-season and new domestic (China) products as well as integrate with China and US customs.
Chief Technology Officer
- Responsible for all IT operations in North America including web development, infrastructure and telecommunication include Lucent Telephone Systems;
- Made presentations to the board of directors regarding the technology trends and our strategic plans;
- Managed middle managers and directors both domestic and overseas and $15+MM budget;
- Responsible for systems integration, EDI conversion and interface with retail chain stores (Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target, etc…);
- Defined and implemented full functional web infrastructures with 62% cost savings and tripling the speed and capacity;
- Implemented and managed SAP 4.6c FICO, MM, PP, SD modules successfully.
- Designed business processes and direct offshore developers to develop web application to support sale promotions, logistics and marketing functions.
- Headed all IT related projects, set the timelines and establish cost models;
- Responsible for launching and supporting corporate B2B and B2C web site with SSL and 128 encryption security capabilities and Citrix server.
Confidential,Niles, IL 1995 - 1999
- Led a corporate growth team to create strategic goals, objectives and action plans;
- Created business workflows, data processing flowcharts and documents for new ERP system;
- Made system upgrade specifications, investment return analysis and presentation to the board of directors;
- Organized & facilitated the implementation project team meeting and the key user team meeting;
- Implemented Oracle finance software and modified the system for international trading system;
- Implemented JD Edwards EPR system on AS/400;
- Introduced new system standards for RF, EDI (Extol & Premenos), C/S, barcode, intranet and Internet;
- Responsible for integration of retail link with Wal-Mart and other retail customer system interfaces (such as K-Mart, Target, Hobby Lobby, etc…);
- Responsible for inventory systems with Wal-Mart distribution center, including Wal-Mart Canada;
- First vendor of Wal-Mart to become Y2K compliant, with a direct savings of 2M for early compliance and an 800% increase in sales volume the following year;
- Defined new technical visions & architectures and launched E-commerce sites on Linux and NT using PHP with SSL and 128 encryption security capabilities.
MIS Project Manager
- Analyzed EDI and EOS system upgrade specification, created work plan and implemented new system;
- Managed major system upgrade for BPCS and integrated with EDI, RF, EOS, C/S;
- Maintained finance, purchasing, EDI, EOS and executive information systems on AS/400 using RPG.
Confidential,Rockford, Illinois 1993 - 1995
- Responsible for department budgeting, strategic planning and executions;
- Supervised programming and MIS staffs as well as developed MIS system standards.
- Completed Commercial Bar Code Printing System for POS using C, C++, Visual Basic and utility software on PC, UNIX and AS400;
- Modified and maintained the manufacturing and financial system (BPCS).
Confidential,Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1991 - 1993
- Designed, developed and modified General Ledger System, Cash Management System, Security System and Property Management System;
- Used data modeling for database and data structure design;
- Used CL, RPG/400, RDML, DDS, SDA, DBU and QUERY programming languages, utility software and LANSA case tool for programming on AS/400 and PC systems;
- Completed system implementation and final testing.
M.S. in Electrical Engineering & Computer ScienceKNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER LANGUAGES, SYSTEMS and PACKAGES
RPG/400, CL, C++, Fortran, Assembly, Visual Basic, Pascal, Cobol, Java, SQL, dBASE, ORACLE, FoxPro, J++, TCP/IP, IPX, MS Office, MS BackOffice, Lotus Notes, XML, HTML, Front Page, Cold Fusion, Domino Designer, AS/400, MS-DOS, OS/2, VAX/VMS, UNIX, RISC 6000, Sun Solaris, Linux, TELXON, Window NT, Window98 and Windows95, JBA, JDE, SAP, Great Plain, Lawson, Daly & Wolcott, Cognos, Apache Web Server, PHP, Citrix, VPN, MS IIS Server, WebLogics, J2EE, Data Junction, XSL and XSLT, MASS90,