High-performing Executive with demonstrated ability to deliver mission-critical results based on over 30 years of Engineering, Operations and IT experience. In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations at all levels. Demonstrated proficiency in staffing, training and development, budgeting and program management.
- Strong track record of execution against strategic objectives
- 30+ years of engineering, operations and project management experience with Fortune 500 companies
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage teams
- Strong background in Process improvement
- Extensive background of Customer and Supplier Relations
- Extensive background with MS Office, Project and Visio
- Developed and implemented project portfolio management methodology that reduced the number of in process or planned projects by 85%.
- Managed diverse projects bringing over 90% of them in ahead of time and/or under budget.
- Oversaw implementation of an integrated import and export compliance program which covered 42 separate companies or divisions in 16 country\'s reducing potential issues.
- Managed financial activities for involved program or project operations, reducing costs by 15%.
- Introduced and implemented a new mentoring strategy that boosted program and project manager retention by 125%.
- Launched well-received program of professional development courses for Program Managers and Project Engineers.
- Managed 50+ matrixed employees on various projects.
Confidential, Wichita, KS 11/09 to Pres
Senior Program Manager Operations and Program Management Office
- Led project to reorganize the PMO for a national medical software company.
- Established project controls methodology for several manufacturing companies.
- Led project to set up PMO and Compliance departments at a large electric power company.
- Member of Executive Management Team.
- Generated an 80% increase in new business through the identification of a new business model.
- Guided the implementation of training curriculums used to reduce manufacturing process costs.
- Oversaw the implementation of a project portfolio management process, focusing on the company\'s strategic goals, resulting in a significant reduction in project cycle times and costs.
Confidential, Wichita, KS 07/08 to 11/09
Senior Project Manager / Engineer – Product Engineering
- Oversaw teams tasked with the identification, simplification and redesign of the primary Program, Project and System Engineering processes.
- Defined and implemented the training curriculum used to train Program Managers and Project Engineers.
- Developed and implemented a project portfolio management methodology which resulted in a significant reduction in project cycle times and a 35% reduction in related costs.
- Oversaw and mentored project engineers, initiating changes that reduced project personnel turnover by 125%.
Confidential, Wichita, KS 06/95 to 07/08
Project Manager – Operations, Engineering, Legal, H/R, Six Sigma and Export Compliance.
- Spearheaded project efforts related the Legal Case Management project and the Export Compliance process automation project for Textron.
- Initiated a program that standardized employee training on Export Compliance process and led to the proper identification of potential issues by 200%.
- Managed various projects support of Legal, Six Sigma, Human Resources, Operations, and Facilities at Textron.
Confidential,†Wichita, KS 01/93 to 06/95
Program / Project Manager / Consultant
- Implemented projects for local companies, law firms and small businesses.
- Initiated and mentored several Engineering, Operations and IT project teams in identifying, documenting and improving processes.
Confidential, Wichita, KS 08/90 to 01/93
Senior Manufacturing Methods Analyst / Computing Projects Leader
- Developed a task-focused process that motivated staff and resulted in 23% increase in cost and related schedule performance.
- Oversaw the efforts of several effort focused teams to analyze and minimize impact of changes to requirements to various projects that saved an estimated $2.5M over three years.
- Managed teams tasked with the development of streamlined and automated manufacturing process analysis resulting in an estimated 15% increase in productivity.
Confidential, Wichita, KS 09/87 to 08/90
Manager of Operations Control and Support Services
- Developed and directed strategy for launch of new product that the first operational program of its type.
- Initiated program that standardized employee training that led to an increase in customer satisfaction by 60%.
Confidential, Wichita, KS 08/77 to 09/87
Project Leader / Senior Status and Control Analyst
- Guided teams tasked with coordinating Program Management, Engineering, Contract Administration and Operations on several military projects.
- Oversaw special teams tasked with resolving problems between suppliers and Beech Aircraft.
Bachelor of Arts in Management
- Specialized Coursework in Interdependent Process Improvement
- Specialized Coursework in Process Simulation
- Six-Sigma Certified
- Project Management Professional
- Import / Export Management Professional